1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

you can't "fix" it because of of system limitations, any fixes you could do would make it just as bad for non-ponies. all you can do is make custom beds that display ponies properly, a few posts back i posted a link to download a bunch of beds made for ponies but they aren't set up to be obtained outside of admin commands

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

@Deciton_Reven the forums decided to stop notifying me about the modpack's discussion for some reason, but anyhow, yay, they look awesome

3. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I just saw these as well~ Ah I can't wait for them to be added~

4. Sugar-Fable

So I wanted to share some sprite edits I've made!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first is a pre-existing OC and the second was me playing around. (Might make her an OC lol) but anyway hope ya'll like them~

5. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

Back in the day, Unicorns had a telekinesis tech. I was never much for MLP, but I thought that tech was the coolest thing I ever saw in Starbound. Starting up the game, I was hoping to see if it'd be possible to extract this tech for other species to use, or at least to just play as a unicorn and use the tech to mess around. I'm sad to see it gone and replaced, though.

You said a year ago that the telekinesis tech would be impossible to implement in the current version of Starbound. Is this still true? Why was it impossible?

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

yeah sadly it's still impossible, basically, it comes down to the fact that I can't add a general script to all the entities and the fact that the techs are a client side thing and mobs are server-side. client side scripts can't access server side entities easily so there is no non-hacky or compatibility friendly way to do it so far.

7. Tremendo Dude

Gotcha. That's a damn shame. Thanks for the info!

8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

9. einsman

einsman Void-Bound Voyager

How can I spawn NPC Pony Bots? Just random luck via colony deed?

10. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

There's nothing random about the colony deed, it spawns in tenants depending on the furniture in the room. Just put a pony bed in the room, and basically any other object from this mod, they all seem to have colony tags for "pony" / "ponies".
    And if you want to specify which kind of pony, try their specific flags.

11. einsman

einsman Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, so I just go to spawn a pony and if I am lucky one will be a pony bot that sells one of the elements?

12. vbueno21

vbueno21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Amazing Modpack, but can you add the mlp deer race?

13. Leyen Enyo

Leyen Enyo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For that, I find it easier to just get the elements from the enemies you fight, which has an occasional drop. Then you just turn it into an ornament, place it in an available room with a door, a light, and a bed, (doesn't really need to be a pony bed,) and place down the deed. With the ornament, you'll get a bot every time, but only the bot that the element represents. This is where it kind of falls flat, as you need to find all six elements to make the full set, (and get the weapons for it.) Obtaining the elements from enemies is random, and you'll likely get multiples of the element you already have. Heck, I still don't have the Element of Laughter, and I'm near the endgame for the story, and I didn't rush through it. Fortunately, there's talk that they plan on making it so you can convert the element shards that the bots can give you to make the other elements. For now, though, you can only get the elements that the bots represent.

14. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I am trying to work out a solution in my dev build, so far here is what I did:
    I added a generic shared you get from the pony tenants, that can be crafted into every other element.
    What I might even do is to add a recipe for the harmony core that requires only the generic shards, right now 30 generic shards make 1 element of any kind. So I'd say that making it require 300 harmony shards should be a valid price.

15. Leyen Enyo

Hmm, not a bad idea. That way, the pony tenants can have a purpose other than be possible crew members.

16. Sugar-Fable

Excited for the next update~

17. Tremendo Dude

I just had a thought regarding the Telekinesis tech. Would it be possible for the property required for Telekinesis to work to be applied to entities through a status effect? If so, can said status effect be applied through an AoE field around the user of the tech? Maybe continuously reapplying the status effect every few seconds while the tech is actively in use? It's a bit of a hack, but I can't really see a downside to doing this, unless status effects can't be applied to friendly entities via techs (which would be a shame, as it'd mean group buff/support techs would be impossible to implement) or if doing so takes aggro on neutral/aggressive enemies.

Also, is the property required for Telekinesis to work naturally occurring in lootable drops? It seems like it would be.

18. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, if you wanted to just apply levitation to monsters, I don't think an AoE field would be required for that.

19. Tremendo Dude

One of my favorite features of the old Levitation tech was the ability to levitate NPCs and other players (as well as the charm of being able to pick up and drag drops from a distance). I'd love to see that make a return.

20. Leyen Enyo

Guessing we're all waiting for 1.4?