1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. Leyen Enyo

Leyen Enyo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, but I'm not a programmer and I'm not really good at understanding code, so I didn't know.

2. skudwerd

skudwerd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I install it, I can create a character but once I press done, the character just goes away and shows the other characters I made previously, other mods work fine.
    I'm new to modding this game, is there any reason why it might do this?

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

4. skudwerd

okay, how can I send it to you?

also I'm on GOG, so I have to manually add mods and all that, if that helps anything

5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

is reading that hard?
    upload_2017-7-7_20-7-10.png

6. skudwerd

Sorry for being an idiot. for some reason I didn't even keep going. sorry, I'm dense.

https://pastebin.com/NxDMV6Kw

7. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

easy, the mod is made for 1.3+ and you are still on the old 1.2.2 update

which means one of 2 things,
    a) you somehow haven't gotten the update from steam / humble bundle / gog-galaxy yet
    b) pirated the game, which seems likely as the game didn't try to load mods from the workshop, and failed to load steam services but i know that also happens when using the drm free versions available on humble bundle/gog-galaxy.

if you can send me a screenshot/log with the 1.3.1 version i'll be willing to help you but my stance on the pirating of this game is as long as it looks legit, I will help if it's not, you ain't getting shit from me.

your log:
    upload_2017-7-7_20-37-31.png

a 1.3.1 log from a steam release
    upload_2017-7-7_21-2-5.png

a 1.3.1 log from a drm free release
    upload_2017-7-7_21-0-33.png

8. skudwerd

ahhhh see I got GOG and haven't logged onto it a while ago! Lo and behold, after updating it, it works.
    Thank you very much for the help! my apologies for using up your time on something that was pretty much due to me not paying attention and noticing that I needed to update it.

Thanks again, friend!

C0bra5 likes this.
  9. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

so i have taken it upon myself to fix one of the long standing "problems" this mod has had, progress has been going quite well on it
    [​IMG]

as of this post i have completed 15/90 beds, takes me a few minutes for each unless there is a drastic change needed

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  10. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

That's really nice, I'd love to have them as I'm about to start making the villages and world structures.

11. luna_panshiel

oh i was intending to share them for sure, that's why i made the post after all. i'm currently picking away at them, and some are quite a bit more difficult than others [​IMG]

currently at 19/90(will probably be deleting a few that don't actually require any changes)

at the very least you'll be able to REST on the bed, if not sleep on them. a few vanilla objects like the avian altar doesn't make humanoids sleep, but they still recover because they're "resting" so a few of the more problematic beds(ones without blankets or covers mostly) will be of that sort, you lounge on top with no sleep particles

i'm not entirely sure how the recipes should be set up, though preferably you convert a normal bed into a pony bed, and can convert it back into a normal non-pony bed... if you wanted to use it for colonies or give to friends

<link removed, check post below>

there may be some clipping with certain hairs or tails, not a lot i can do about that, i made a test character with the longest tail i could to minimize clipping issues

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I'll deal with that once I have it, as many assets will need that sort of fix.

13. luna_panshiel

i posted a link to download the first bunch i put together in my previous post

14. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

got it.

15. luna_panshiel

and i got another set of 20 beds completed, up to 40 done now, and made a few improvements to beds i had already done

[​IMG]

the island hammock and prison beds in particular would be very difficult to do properly without major redesign, at present you can sit on them but due to technical limitations, cannot "lay" in. they're at the very least usable now

and with that, people can now pretend to be rarity

Edit: with a new day comes a new set of completed beds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i had no interruptions today, so i did it. i have ponified every. single. bed.

there isn't a single one in need of fixing skipped, even the ones that are unobtainable by normal means are working

http://www.mediafire.com/file/37dak0vxjc51qay/Ponybeds+COMPLETED.zip

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Sugar-Fable likes this.
  16. Leyen Enyo

Speaking of beds, I've noticed that the Ponex sleep with their eyes open. (In fact, they don't even blink. XP) Think that can be fixed in the future?

17. luna_panshiel

normal races have their eyes as part of the base "paper doll head" ponies have their eyes as an extra layer so that you can choose different shapes and styles, like hair and avian beaks. there is currently no way to animate blinking or closed eyes on addon layers such as those. so for the ponex to have closed eyes you'd need to completely redesign how their head is built, or modify every bed in the game.... like i did for normal ponies

18. Leyen Enyo

So, that's a no. Darn.

19. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

So I was going to do more today, but I've had internet problems literally all day, so I only got some hairs done before dealing with that, all day. All the colors are mocks and could probably be better, and specifically the first is meant to use the blue and pink Bonbon colors iirc, so buyer beware. On that note, how wide spread with pony layman clothes be? Doesn't it make sense to invisi-hat and invisi-bottom them and have various cutiemarks distributed? Anyways hairs: http://imgur.com/a/eCNGM

C0bra5 and Sugar-Fable like this.
  20. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Hi hi! Got a quick question - it's a minor thing, but would it be possible to fix pony sleeping poses, or is it a hardcoded thing? Sleeping like this looks super uncomfortable.