The Penguin Syndicate XV - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Jun 15, 2017.

1. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right I'm dropping the voice because I can't explain stuff properly if I keep it up.

This is a shameless OMGUS vote, you even admit it.

HunterC1998, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

...how are you playing three games at once in your signature...

anyways, back to the game. Suppose I should start counting votes now, eh.
    Mm also Vote: Vurrunna

HunterC1998 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Rip Zebe.. for the 100th time.

It's always fun being rounded up by the officials. Also some very long days, lots of time to find out things.

HunterC1998, Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Plenty of time for everyone to respond. True Championships style.

I'm gonna enjoy this.

HunterC1998, CjBeats and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it's time to change pfps...

6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

OMGUS vote?

Ignoring that (And assuming it's something bad given it's a shameless thing) what can I say? I panicked, someone noticed me AND I was corporeal.
    If you prefer, I could vote Ladd, but that just seems ENTIRELY baseless.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

XAVIEAR.
    OMG U Suck vote.

Hey, do whatever helps us catch the Penguins, man.

8. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Baseless votes are a part of this stage of the game, the RVS (random voting stage) where we see how people respond to what appears as randomized pressure but what could also just as easily be a Penguin coordination to get an easy lynch through on the first day.

OMGUS stands for Oh My God You Suck
    And an OMGUS vote is a vote purely against someone because they voted for you.

HunterC1998, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  9. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Refrax
    Not Xaviear

But also I like how obscured it is.

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeah I just, I forgot

It looks like Xavvy though, doesn't it?

HunterC1998, Jimlad 42 and 611 like this.
  11. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

There may or may not be a reason they look similar

Once I come up with it, I'll let you know

12. Ryast

Ryast Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not gonna say OMGUS itself is scummy for a new player (I'm pretty sure my first ever vote was OMGUS, and half the new players I've played with have done the same) but I don't like the wording of panicked and noticed.

Just something to note.

13. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Mr. Nate had been through far more stressful situations before. He was hardly phased when the lady with the pink hair (recently dyed differently, he noted with a disapproving tsk) leveled her steely finger his way.

"Of all the nerve. Invite me to a relaxing vacation and insight me of murder? Quite classless.

"I place my faith in Mr. Jim--as I understand, he's shown quite the flamboyant display of appreciation to a particular fox I know, which foretells a steady character."

Then again, he was hasty to lay off blame... Nate shakes off the thought. You've got to stick by your friends. No matter how dangerous or inconvenient they are.

Vote: Ryast

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  14. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

You don't always wanna stick to your friends in this situation. Mainly cause you have none and they will turn around and murder you the first chance they get. I've been there.

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

It's moments like these I wish I had some way to show that I approve of a post, some way to proclaim to the world "I think this post is pretty cool" Alas, I have yet to find such a button. Only an unlike button.
    Disapprove or not, what's said is said. Although I will say, I've never liked those stages of random votes. It just feels so... random. What if this random act changes the game in your favor, meaning you win, not by your wits, but by random chance? And what if it means you lose?
    Wait, that's why people randomly vote?
    Oh.
    I've really only noticed it in Town of Salem leading to totally random lynches.
    I... I guess it might actually help if you actually try to analyze the situation, and try to figure things out based on how people are acting... Huh, that's clever...

HunterC1998, 611 and Alkanthe like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*coughs* Pardonnez-moi, I'm not a lady.

And I wouldn't count on any outside relationships being a factor... Penguins, I'm afraid, cannot always be told by their outer layers.
    Basically this.

HunterC1998, CjBeats and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

So what basis do you guys use to choose who to vote for during this random voting phase? If it's unrelated to who's who, who you know in/out of game, OR anything that's happened IN game...?

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Haven't you been watching...?

mmmmmm I get the whole "new player" schtick but all these questions...

HunterC1998, 611 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

There was actually a massive debate over if it really was clever to do that on my home forum when mafia first started...it lasted...well I think it lasted almost ten games.

There was something else I was going to say

But I forgot it.

Oh well.

20. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

"I suppose you're right. Even the kindest of people might be murderous penguins in reality."

Vote: CjBeats

Mr. Nate spends the rest of the day giving the apparently male Mr. Cuda strange looks trying to discern how a clearly female individual was somehow replaced by this dashing individual, and, more specifically, how he'd missed he transformation.