The Penguin Syndicate IX - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, May 27, 2016.

1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

2. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

If you're gonna play that way, at least spell my name right. I am not from zeskor

HunterC1998, MilkCalf and 611 like this.
  3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Welp.

611 likes this.
  4. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You were more productive last time.

VOTE: Arra

5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hey, I'm doing family stuff, can't get on here much.

6. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Uh guys? Can we not do this "lynch the person who coughs the loudest" thing. Why don't we actually look for evidence so that we don't end up killing a bunch of civs again?

Jareix Cryvix and zeskorion like this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

hasn't been long but here's a count

// ♢♢ \\
    7 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Arra, MilkCalf, Rgbunpro, Miracle Panda-sama, Firepaw Da Cat, quitaren12, Dragonclaw, Jareix Cryvix, Jirky-Kake, Zetlin97, Danger100ish, The Squid, Dras, zeskorion, Gilgamesh025
    Arra - 611
    zeskorion - HunterC1998
    \\ //

Edit: fixed an error.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix and Alkanthe like this.
  8. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So you are saying we shouldn't apply pressure to a variety of people to see what comes up?

Because that's a rather scummy thing to say, as really only scum has anything to gain from not having a RVS.

Vote: MilkCalf

Danger100ish likes this.
  9. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Danger, stop lurking and post.

I know you better than that.

Danger100ish likes this.
  10. Danger100ish

Danger100ish Tentacle Wrangler

Vote: Mitochon- oh wait, he's not in this game?
    Alright, 611 will have to do
    Vote: 611
    That's what we're doing :)

Also a note for the mods, despite the tag limit, in my forum, and on all XenForo-based forums, I'd assume, you can give an unlimited number of people an alert by putting their quotes in your post. If it gets too spammy, you can edit out the quotes later and they'll still receive an alert.

Zebe and 611 like this.
  11. Danger100ish

Gimme a chance, nerd, I was trying to start a bandwagon on you ;P

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

That was honestly the worst possible timing ever. And since there is no proof of anyone being part of the Penguin Syndicate, I'm gonna do this. I have to say it's not a good idea to kill everyone in the room without reason.
    VOTE: NO VOTE

MilkCalf likes this.
  13. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh please do.

(And a word of warning, you're probably gonna get fussed at for that double post.)

14. Danger100ish

We're allowed and expected to edit posts here? I read the rules, but I just assume that you weren't allowed to edit.
    @611 I'm lazy and on a phone, but can you run some calcs on whether no-lynch would help us in a 17-player game?

15. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

I was never too much a fan of random lynching. That being said, "I'm going to vote Dragonclaw..."

Just kidding. ;3

Vote: No Vote

Dragonclaw likes this.
  16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

The most extreme option is that we all die, but that's a last resort thing. No one will win because no one will be alive to win.

17. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Although I wasn't asked, it's a 10/17 chance we lynch a civilian, or 58.8% chance. Almost a 50/50 on both sides, less favorable for the civilians.

Excuse me, I'm counting 18 on the second vote board. I'm consistently editing this until I find out if it's just that I can't count or if there's someone who was added.

Okay. It was that 611 was counted for twice. Nevermind!

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Danger100ish, Zebe and Dragonclaw like this.
  18. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Assuming @Zebe and @Miss Alkane are running a standard 3:1 setup, (That is, 3 town/benign neutrals for every 1 anti town) There should be about 6 anti town, and 11 town.

As such, the chances of lynching an anti town in a purely random fashion are: 30%, which means that lynching a town is a 70% chance.

However, RVS is an information stage, where you evaluate peoples reactions, interactions, and who they themselves push lynches on.

As such, the most important part of this stage is remembering that you are being productively useless, by gathering intelligence and forming opinions at the earliest stages of the game.

This is especially important in games with very few to no investigative roles, as knowing who is town and who is not town is dictated purely on how helpful people appear to be and actually are.

Once you pass through the RVS, you typically have 1-3 good lynch candidates, based purely on the fact that they: tunnel, defend stupidly and blindly, give no defense (My personal favorite kind of defense), or overall give an anti-town vibe picked up on by other players.

From this, even though you still have a raw chance of 70% of lynching town, you can learn a lot about who is scum based on bandwagon votes, true pushes.

If you hit a scum first go, you can also learn more based on what feel like buses, or attempted misdirections pulling the lynch off of the subject.

So while the RVS might not appear to be of any use initially, it serves as a baseplate for the entire game, as players establish alliances, understandings, and suspicions.

Sure it sucks to be lynched D1, but in a way, it's a noble sacrifice for any side to take, as it unlocks the potential for lively, forward thinking discussion later on based on what people did during this period of discussion.

EDIT: Fixed my math.

Danger100ish likes this.
  19. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Hm. I'd say danger, hunter, dragonclaw strike out the most for me. And the pressure strat wont work if people know what you're doing

Dragonclaw likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Zebe, Jirky pointed out that you counted 611 twice.

Zebe likes this.