The Penguin Syndicate IV - Forum Mafia game - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*brags to everyone about my role in the endgame, therefore advertising Penguin Syndicate for the next game*

2. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Hi guys, how's it going?

Zebe likes this.
  3. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

It's going pretty good, the current game just finished a little while ago

4. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

So there's openings for players then?

5. Firepaw Da Cat

Yep, as soon as Zebe makes an announcement, then you can just say you want to join and you'll be added to the player list for the next game

6. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Cool, sounds like a plan.

Zebe likes this.
  7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Good job everyone! That was fun. Neeext game!

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Okay then. Let's see. This game wasn't really a very eventful one, but here's your wall o' text.
    Day 1. Claims right off the bat. Not bad, but could've ended in a catastrophe. Well, the first claim of the game kind of did. Zetlin's Occultist-Bot claim might've ended badly since it's a confirmed civilian, but not bad after all, I guess. Replacements + confusion happen. The day ends with no lynch. How ironic that the only potential mislynch of the game was avoided by a No Lynch vote from a Penguin? Welp, no can do.
    Reminder: No Vote equals no opinion. It may be a good sign of showing that you have no side, but if you haven't voted in the first place, it has no effect. It's No Lynch that is for not killing anyone. It can also make ties happen (as ties in other "normal" votes would too) like the Day 1 end displayed.
    Night 1. The Hunter claim ends badly for Wilfrey. Both nightkills were spent on him, which was the only plus side for civvies in that. Up until now it has been pretty good for the Penguins...

Day 2. Inactivity. Extensions. Not much to say of this day. The lynch-wagon on ModsBrah was surprisingly quick. I guess the boredom of nothing happening and the aggressive response/accusations that provoked that to happen. Night 2. Apathy kills Kaiachi, but even without the Hylotl the Civilians stay surprisingly solid. At this point I started to have my doubts about game balance...

Day 3. Those Day 2 votes got Lonewolf caught. I guess the best thing to penguins to do would be to disagree with each other. Also, this was the first suicide in the game history. Brutal stuff. Night 3. First kill that the Penguins do by themselves happens to be the Cultist. Something for the civvies to be thankful of. Dusty dies, which was bad for penguins later on the next day.

Day 4. Okay, it was somewhat lucky for the civilians, but I partly blame the setups for it being this easy. Zetlin is confimed innocent via deadchat, Alkane and quitaren have claimed power roles without counterclaims, which also clears Firepaw and MilkCalf. That's 4 (more or less) known roles and 3 unknown. That was kind of a confirmed victory in any case, just by looking at the numbers. It's often forgotten that Occultist-Bot IS a powerful role, able to clear itself and possibly other players via the dead-chat. I have kind of ignored that in the setups (and penguins ignored it in their killings). I'll make the next game with that in mind.

I've noticed that Penguins have been losing a lot. I'm not sure why is this happening. Either Civilians are playing good, Penguins are playing bad, luck is on the Civvie side, setups are unbalanced, or some combination of those. It's a such misfortune the old games are gone so going back to see what has caused the town to be so successful isn't possible anymore. Should've made more of them notes.
    (Statistics from the lost past: Game 1 - Penguins; Games 2, 3, 4 - Civilians)

K, that's it. gg, but re ofc tho

Good idea. I remember a role like that exists in mafia generally. Wouldn't be out of place in the next game... I think we have another role coming, just gotta figure out a name.

Sounds great too. Only problem that there could be is that everyone could tell who this role is once it's using the votes. But I guess that would be its weakness too. Or there could be a penguin version of that role too to obscure the alignment.

Now, game five! I'm bringing more in more roles, and even some variants of the existing roles that make the game even more confusing. No boring roles, humans or otherwise! We're going Chaos Theory all over again! More on the new roles later.
    Now...

Player List
    • Miss Alkane
    • Firepaw Da Cat
    • zeskorion
    • Rgbunpro
    • Tatterdemalion
    • Apathy Applied
    • MilkCalf
    • DustyScabbard
    • Bonabopn
    • quitaren12
    • Zetlin97
    • The Squid
    • Dave Combine
    • YOU CANNOT RESIST THE CALL JOIN NOW

Remember to say that you join even if you have already done so. gotta hold em traditions

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'M IN!

Zebe likes this.
  10. Firepaw Da Cat

Do you even need to ask? Just write down my name already!

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  11. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Im join man

12. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Hey there, I think I'll throw my hat into the ring this time.
    One thing though, most IRL games of mafia I've played had some sort of doctor or medic, which I noticed a severe lack of here. Is there a reason for that?

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I assume the Hylotl replaces the medic or doctor.

Zebe likes this.
  14. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Sleepkiller could be called "paranoid (trapper? Gunman? Old lady? Cop? Teenager?)

And i mean ANY action on him, even good ones like hylotl

Zebe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh... Oh dear.

16. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Sign me up, Zebe!

17. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Well it needs to be balanced, as for if he can avoid cultist and penguins...

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The equivalent to a doctor is the Noble Hylotl. The traditional roles have Starbound-y names here, but the functionality is the same. Like the detective = Miniknog Interrogator, Jailor = Floran Hunter, Serial Killer = Cultist, etc.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and zeskorion like this.
  19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Gotcha, makes sense in a starbound-y way.

MilkCalf, Zebe and zeskorion like this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yep, I get it. Worse troll role than the Alpaca. But if I make it, I make it just one-shot so the tragedy (or success, depending on the viewpoint) can happen only once.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and zeskorion like this.