The Penguin Syndicate 8 - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

so basically the elevator scene in the shining, correct?

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Actually I haven't watched that.

3. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

i aint either, but the gif aint uncommon

611 likes this.
  4. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's on the list of things to watch. Now that I think about it, it might actually be something I'm looking forward to.

5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

{ Goes and gets a body-bag with Zebe's name on it, he also gets some flowers }

MilkCalf likes this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

why do you speculate how i will die what is wrong with you
    ...although i spend the rest of the game speculating how each of you dies so guess thats kinda fair

Regardless of your sick morbid curiosity, it's time. It's time for some new roles.

Amphibian Augur

You are sided with the Civilians. You have one vote. Every night, you can ask one question about the setup, to which the GM will answer. The question can only include one named role. Neither the question or the answer can mention or refer to any players.

Your heightened senses see the world in a way no-one else can. In your trance-like state the lies disappear and you see the truth with clarity. Obviously, no other race can do this. The nature speaks to you, and you speak to it. Perhaps, if you ask a question, the emptiness will whisper back an answer. Just be careful of how you word it...

Role idea by @611

Apex Scientist

You are sided with the Civilians. You have one vote. Every night, you can give out a one-use ability to any player, but each type only once during a game. The abilities are nightkill, protection, role investigation and roleblock.

As a knowledgeable scientist and researcher, you have developed serums, substances and devices for many purposes. And in a time of crisis, it is your duty to support your comrades with a supply of these handy inventions your have with you at all times. Whether or not they want it. Surely they'll like being injected by dubious chemicals. After all, it is for science!

Role idea by @611

Mad
    You've got all the toys you could ever need. And everyone around you is undoubtedly incompetent. Why not use them yourself and unleash the full potential or these creations? Instead of giving the abilities away, you use them yourself.

Star Sheriff (Sentinel)

As the law of your town, you keep watch. And as you're an adamant officer of the law, every town is your town. You will see everyone who does actions on your target, but not what actions they do.

Glitch Knight (Regal)

Accidentally, you put on a wrong set of armor. It sure looks fancy, but it's too light to protect you from a killing attempt. Instead, it will block all other actions you're targeted with.

Dove (Divine)

Not only are you innocent and pure, but you are the Chosen One as well. If you die, you will be granted a second life. On the next morning after your death, you will be resurrected.

Role idea by @zeskorion

Penguin Investigator (Obscurantist)

You specialize in finding out the identities of people - dead people, to be exact. Being a hardy investigator yourself, you also know how to hide all evidence from others. If your target dies on the same night, their role will not be revealed publicly, and only to you. You can use this ability once.

Disguiser

As the King, you do have skills that earned you that position. With the trusty old disguise kit of yours, you can assume the role of your target. If you are investigated or killed during the night, your role will be shown as the same as your target.

Master of Disguise

Your prowess as a Disguiser has earned you the title of a master. Therefore, you have become the king of the kings. If you are investigated or killed at any point of the game, your role will be shown as the same as your previous target. By default, you are disguised as a Boring Human.

Assassin

You serve your masters by eliminating high-profile heretics who oppose your faith. Thus, your proficiency in killing is unheard of. Nothing can stop you from killing your targets with one attempt.

Arsonist

Burn the heathens! Dip them in gasoline, oil, erchius, or some other volatile liquid and let the flames consume them in the name of your lords. Every night you can either douse one player or ignite, which will kill all doused players at once.

Role idea by @611

Alpaca (Syndicate)

The Alpaca Syndicate is something that shouldn't ever exist. Yet here it is. You better fix that quick. You have an ally, and both of you aim to be lynched. If one of you is nightkilled, the other has the following day to be lynched or both of you lose. If one is lynched, the other will be able to survive one nightkill attempt.

Role idea by @Zetlin97

One of the roles isn't actually new. The old Master of Disguise is now Disguiser, and MoD is now a role that's more powerful than the old one. Having the more powerful one called "master" just makes more sense.

Nobody seems to be joining, so I'll just close the signups now. I start planning the setups and stuff, but if someone has any last minute role suggestions, I'll consider 'em.
    If nothing big happens, I'll be sending the roles sometime tomorrow. Oh, and instead of setups, I'll be posting a list of all roles that are in the setups. Which will be probably like 90% of the existing ones but whatever.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and Arra like this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Mirrorling- Can copy one persons ability and use it a later night. Two uses.

Meh, cruddy idea I know.

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

The civilians investigative role was the apex dude right?

9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Not sure. Could be pretty hilarious if the Mirrorling wouldn't know what ability they got. But that wouldn't be of much use, unless they were told what they got... in which case it would be a investigative role as well. Kinda powerful. Not this game, but I'll add it to UFO lounge suggestion list.

For everyone who isn't aware, there's a role suggestion list in the Lounge.

Yep, Miniknog Interrogator.

It's great that finally every playable race has 2 roles (not counting variants ofc).

zeskorion and Alkanthe like this.
  10. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Make it like Silver Goo. ;)

Zebe likes this.
  11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

wait wait wait hold on

Does LITERALLY every role have a name already? Where do these even come from... but the goo roles do seem interesting, never heard of those before.

611 likes this.
  12. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I may or may not have read every role on the MS wiki at one point.

So I'll say yes, it's very hard to find roles not already in existence.

You could also make a case for Absorber.

Zebe likes this.
  13. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ALPACA GAME IT'S HAPPENING WOOHOO

Also, I have some concerns about the arsonist. I could see a game where everything goes normal until literally everyone dies one day. While it adds some urgency to the search for the Cultist (and would be hilarious) it would have the potential to be a complete game breaker after a certain point. What's to stop an arsonist from dousing someone every night until they can kill everyone else at once? That would be pretty risky considering investigative roles, but at the same time someone keeping very quiet could avoid detection for long enough to pull it off.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  14. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Typically the Arsonist's targets die off really quickly before he ignites. It's a deceptively weak role. ;)

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sounds fun, I want it.

Zebe likes this.
  16. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

xD

It's currently my favorite role to play as.

I have fond memories of my first game as it.

17. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The setups are ready. There are... quite a few of them. And some of them don't look pretty. So, er, good luck everyone.
    I really tried to keep the amount of Penguins same, but that didn't really work. So there will be 2-4 penguins in play. And 85% of the setups have at least one third alignment. And in most of those, there's more than one possible Nightkill. This is all I'm going to reveal now.

I'm not sure should I reveal how many penguins or alignments there are in the game after I know what setup this game will be played with. Do you want to know, or would you want to go in blind? I take suggestions...

The roles will be coming a bit later. Here's a list of all possible roles:

Civilians:
    Boring Human, Miniknog Interrogator, Miniknog Interrogator (Conspiracist), Noble Hylotl, Floran Hunter, Star Sheriff, Star Sheriff (Ranger), Star Sheriff (Sentinel), Glitch Knight, Glitch Knight (Regal), Stargazer, Stargazer (Priest), USCM Militant, USCM Militant (Loyalist), Apex Scientist, Apex Scientist (Mad), Amphibian Augur, Killer Plant, Novakid Bandit, Occultist-Bot, The Dove, The Dove (Divine)

Penguins:
    Penguin, Penguin (Persuader), Penguin (Protector), Penguin (Trooper), Penguin Investigator, Penguin Investigator (Obscurantist), Dreadwing, The King Penguin, The King Penguin (Disguiser), The King Penguin (Master of Disguise)

Other:
    Cultist, Cultist (Enforcer), Cultist (Hidden), Cultist (Assassin), Cultist (Arsonist), Shadow, Alpaca, Alpaca (Syndicate)

Note: none of the roles is in all setups.

Zetlin97, MilkCalf, 611 and 2 others like this.
  18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I think a blind game would be fun.

Zebe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I think I'd rather know how many Penguins we're dealing with. And alignments.

Zebe, 611 and Arra like this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The role PMs are being sent! Remember to state that you are ready when you are ready. After 8 players have stated so, the game will begin. (aaand after get the intro written that too ._.)

Two extremes. yes this helps much

If the penguins/alignment numbers are revealed, that's going to be in Day 1 start post. So the decision should be done before that. Opinions and suggestions, please...

Alkanthe and 611 like this.