Race The Orion

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Tctoocold, Jul 5, 2012.

?

The Orion?

1. Yay

70.0%
  2. Nay

30.0%
  1. Tctoocold

Tctoocold Subatomic Cosmonaut

Name

The Orion (OH-RYE-ON)

History
    The Orion are an extremely emotional human-like species found on the planet Orion V

Since long in the past the Orion have been a cheerful, welcoming race they are well known for the strange ability to manipulate a substance called Cryorion, by tapping into the most extreme of emotions it can be solidified, liquified and shaped to suit their will

The Orion have Mastered Cryorion manipulation and use it in everyday life to craft armor, weaponry and architecture. This means they have exceedingly good armor and defencive capabilities as they can channel their anger to repair armor but only for a short while (otherwise they would be invincible)

Cryorion is produced from the bulbus orbs excreted from an animal called a Cryos found commonly on Orion V (more about Cryos's soon)

Technological Advancement; Futuristic

Name: The Orion
    "Prominent close-range fighters, upholding the utmost levels of honour in battle"

Biology:
    The Orions are abnormally tall they are exclusively bipedal (they walk only on two legs)
    They have scaly hardened skin and heal wounds and scars quickly unless it obsatructs the way their scales obtrude. In this case new scales will form around or within the wound

They do not have visible ears as such but project a loud thudding noise (similar to a human heartbeat) and use echolocation to gauge their surroundings.

Males and females are fairly similar in terms of body structure, with bulky, hardened torsos, long, muscular limbs, and with hips and shoulders roughly of equal width.

Male Orion are often Bald some opt for a small pony-tail at the back
    They are among the most proficient close combat fighters in the known multiverse

Facial Markings

- Relations: The Orion do not often opt to partake in foreign relations as many races have tried to take advantage of them as weapons in wars and large battles

- Humans "Filthy Meastacks, why correlate with such a greedy, narcisisstic race"
    - Avian - "Honor above anything else"
    - Hylotl - "One cannot find perfection in Beauty"
    - Apex - "Big Ape Is Blind "
    - Floran - "Feeble Fauna, nature is a tool not a toy"
    - Glitch - "Alas their Intellect only slightly surpasses ours, their combat skills however.."
    - Novakid - "It's like fighting a living weapon, a worthy challenge"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Tctoocold

[Reserved]

matthijsieboy and MrSideliner like this.
  3. Tctoocold

Updated with sprites and changed the history a little

4. SeanEBlog

SeanEBlog Void-Bound Voyager

You might want to think up of a new name for this, Star Trek already has a race known for have green skinned scantily clad women... which are also called the Orion. The back-story you provided is also a little vague, are these humans that mutated or or inherently green skinned aliens that produce these spikes when exposed to this virus?

And to be technical, soil cannot be genetically engineered, it is a mixture of sand, clay and silt. You can genetically engineer the plant life that goes in said soil, but not the soil itself.

5. Tctoocold

Exactly what i was looking for, when I get some time later ill ad in they genetically modified the plant not in fact the soil, and yes I am well aware of the ST Orion and as the history develops ill try to move it as far away as possible,(I've already removed the scantily clothed bit) but the same is a pretty general spacey kind of name

6. SeanEBlog

Alternate name suggestion by the way: The Thrysite.

7. Tctoocold

I updated the lore a bit any suggestions toward it would be very much so appreciated, might I ask the reasoning behind such a name? Thrysite?
    I was also thinking that they could have like glass cabinet esque cases that healed their armor when not worn by blowing it with CO2

8. SeanEBlog

I threw the word spike into a latin translator. One of the words that came up was Thrysus, which was also synonymous with stem and stalk, so it felt appropriate.

9. Tctoocold

Fair enough what i might do is make the spike called Orion and find another name for the Race

10. Tctoocold

*updated*

11. LuckyLizard

LuckyLizard Void-Bound Voyager

Will you try to tie their weaponry into the technology for the armor? You could use the regen and warmth of the material part to make the pole-arm in the image give a touch of thermal damage or regenerating ammo for ranged weapon if you attached a CO2 tank to it.

12. Tctoocold

Sir that's an excellent idea

13. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

I like the race and I like the runes/text they have...FUND IT!

14. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

They look really cool!