The Order of Matter Manipulators

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by The | Suit, Oct 6, 2015.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

old-hammer-9343507.png

Purpose:
    The Order of Matter Manipulators at its heart is a Purely Modding Group. The primary focus of the order is to teach and help others learn modding, but also to help create a simple gathering place for modders to help find each other as well as help create a standard to prevent incompatibility with one another.

Tenets of the Order:
    • Assist new users in the way of modding, promote modding to users who are scared to do so or lack the confidence to do so.
    • Create a unified standard of assets to prevent incompatibility with other mods.
    • Sharing of assets to allow more richer mods.
    • To promote the necromancy of mods when the author finally leaves.
    • To help maintain older mods given to the order by authors who leave.
    • Create a gathering area to find other people to help in the assistance of the creation of a mod.
    Guidelines for Joining:
    • You are some one who wishes to learn and or contribute to others. Which means no "Idea guys \ girls".
    • What ever mod you make you agree to put it under a Creative Commons with a Necromancy provision - which would allow another user to take over the mod if you ever are absent from the community for "x" months. This will allow what ever creations you have made to live on.
    • You agree to give back a mod you are maintaining if the original owner comes back.
    • You maintain a friendly and cordial attitude with all members of the forum.

Members:
    • xxswatelitexx ( Founder ) - skill set - JSON \ Horrific at Pixel Art ( well all art in general ) \ self taught lua.
    • Mackinz - skill set - JSON \ Decent Pixel Art
    • lazarus78 - skill set - JSON \ Basic Pixel Art
    • C0bra5 - skill set - JSON \ Terrible at Pixel Art \ Decent at Lua

Feel free to chat casually, ask doubts, or find other people here who may wish to start on a project with you or even assist in one.

Mods currently being Overseen:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Mackinz and Dunto like this.
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Can I be your first, Swat?

Or am I disqualified because of my attitude in times past?

3. The | Suit

Anyone is welcome to join.
    I don't hold grudges against people .

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I guess it is basically expected of me to join :rofl:

Skills:
    - JSON
    - Basic Pixel Art
    - Making an ass of myself
    - Figuring out how things work.

5. Mackinz

Oh, right. Skills.

-JSON
    -Decent Pixel Art
    -Very creative, attentive, and not afraid of asking @Wellbott for help :D
    - Lua? What's that? A party?

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

hello! i would like to join this group, i love the game, and i love the modding side of it.

here is my skill set :
    • JSON
    • Terrible at pixel art
    • Documenting the lua API.
    • Decent in lua.
    • Finding workarounds for oddly specific stuff.

7. The | Suit

8. The | Suit

Just an update - Will be placing Halo Ultra under our Guidance.
    Panterine asked for me to take over a while ago - seems like a good first mod to place under care.

I am going to be putting it up on Github to make it easier to update assets.

For sake of Documentation;

Capture.PNG

9. Mackinz

He asked me too, but never responded when I asked for more information. This was in August. I have been working on an update. Got the races working. Just been looking for time and interest to fix up everything else.

10. The | Suit

Ya I told him to ask you when I said I was busy at that time

11. Mackinz

Oh. That was why he randomly asked me. :rofl:

Um. Anyway, it seems that biomes can only have their main block affected by hueShifting in the biome file. Been trying for the past few hours to make colored cobblestone change colors on newly generated garden worlds to no avail. Got grass and dirt to change, though.

The | Suit likes this.
  12. lazarus78

I believe those are the only ones that can be effected. I remember Toy asking about it a few months ago. He wanted to know what we thought of the randomized color and if we wanted more or less of it.

13. Mackinz

No, a lot of blocks can be affected. So far, according to my testing of my mod and my memory from exploring, only main blocks of a world can be affected even only by moddong. And it's sad. :(

14. Mackinz

I decided to reuse something I typed up originally for More Farming as something for all of my mods.

Here it is:

Installation, Bug Reports and Suggestions

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things. That is why this section is necessary,

Installing Lopunny Improvements:

0. Make sure you install the prerequisite mod first: Link Here
    1. Navigate to your \Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\ folder, usually found within \Steam\steamapps\common\
    2. Download the ZIP file associated with this mod.
    3. Open the ZIP file with a program like 7Zip.
    4. Drag the folder "Mod Name - #.# - Version" (or similar) into your mods folder.
    5. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in the Discussion thread.

Regarding game crashing: Error pop-ups tell modders nothing about how to solve any issue you may come across. A basic guide to reporting errors is here. I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

Other issues: If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from doing this", I may need to see your log file as well - but it's more important that you post in the Discussion thread on the matter.

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the related Discussion thread. I will respond to them with my thoughts there - however, suggestions are also valid if included within a mod review.

Other Miscellaneous Things

• Thanks to *necessary mention*
    • Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound.
    • Thanks to You for playing Starbound!
    If, in the event that this mod is rendered incompatible with the latest version of Starbound and I have made no mention of updating it, please attempt to contact me - if I do not respond in a day, then you have my permission to update and take over this mod until I return.

DO NOT REPORT ERRORS OR BUGS IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS MOD. THERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.

15. Mackinz

Currently working on Halo Ultra. Progress so far:

- Organized files better (i.e. Armors in items)
    - Removed ancient biome files (same file extension as EK assets and barely any difference)
    - Removed unneeded codex files for Brutes and Elites and replaced with "generic" versions since they were already generic
    - Removed 1 unnecessary png files for hair from each race
    - Currently working on character creation color selections

16. Apex-prey

Apex-prey Astral Cartographer

um hi i would like to learn i have an idea but i dont know how to implement it all my skills are at 0 thou irl im very good at dawing so pixel art might be something i could do if i knew how any way just looking for a bit of help and advice

17. The | Suit

Ya sure ask away.

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooooh I like this thread, the idea is really nice! im sure a lot of people would love it as well! if they find the thread that is... I would love to learn and ask your ears off with questions, but Alas! busy times these are!

Mind if I keep a watchful eye for any informative gimmicks and what not? who knows! maybe ill pour more time into it sooner than expected!

19. Apex-prey

Apex-prey Astral Cartographer

thank you im sure i will have lots of questions

20. lazarus78

I'm terrible with tutorials, but I do have some simple mod setups for various aspects of modding, like dungeons, instanced environments like the missions, and star/planet/biome creation.

I should clean them up a bit and let people tinker with them. :rofl: anyone interested in them?