1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Overall, the design is very fitting. I don't like it having four flames on the bottom (the one under the command deck should be removed IMO), and the top could use a design that better emulates the fins on the back of the Orcanas heads, and custom tiles would be good too, but overall very good!

2. Mackinz

By the way, you didn't upload Febilian's fanart to the mod page... and the updates you are posting do not nake posts in this thread, even though every other mod gets a new post in its thread when the mod is updated. Might want to look into that.

3. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Just posted it. Thanks for the reminder.

Am I missing something when posting updates or is that supposed to be automatic?

4. Mackinz

It should be automatic. It's weird... I think you should talk to a forum moderator on the matter.

5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I sent a message. Just have to wait and see now.

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

7. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

8. domcing

domcing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently working on an AI you could use as a base when you make one. Don't expect too much though, I'm a pretty bad spriter.

9. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

That would be great. I appreciate the help.

10. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

It'd be cool if the Orcana mount (if you ever make one) would be one of dem fishy bikes in Atlantis: Lost Empire :up:

Nemasys likes this.
  11. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, folks I know it's been a little while since I last had anything to show, and I apologize for that. But I'm still alive (albeit fairly busy) and I have a couple of things to show you in the way of a preview. It's not much, but here ya go:

I finagled a way to use fullbright on the ship door so that the bioluminescent lines would stay lit all the time:

With lighting:
    shipdoor1.jpg

....And without lighting:
    shipdoor2.jpg
    I have decided that Orcana technology is derived from biochemical principles and they can harness the potential power from those kinds of reactions. These kinds of luminescent lines will be prevalent in their architecture as well and serve to illustrate the nature of their technology.

And the other thing I have to show is the Tier 1 armor preview. It is currently not done as I need to complete the animation frames, but here is what it looks like so far:
    tier1 armor preview.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Oberic and Mackinz like this.
  12. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I like the tier 1 armor, looks good.

13. VanishMode

VanishMode Subatomic Cosmonaut

All the architecture is going to be like that?

Sweet!

14. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, and I'm toying with the idea of using different colors for different structure types like housing, science, government, education and whatnot. I'm not sure though. I may just use one or two main colors throughout. The jury's still out.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  15. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I must say that is an epic looking door! I would love to see a full set of building materials in that style and color.

16. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Looks great, as good as the Hylotl ship! Actually, I like it a bit more because black is a slick as heck color

17. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

Loading the mod changed the appearance of the monsters in the game. Removing it did not change them back.

18. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

o_O
    I have no idea why that would have happened. I have not included anything that I know of that would effect any of the creatures in the game. I'll have to look into that.

If anyone else notices this please let me know. Especially if you know why it might be happening. Thanks.

GreenBanana likes this.
  19. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

It's okay. With some help, I've looked further into the issue, and eliminated any mods from being the issue. In fact, I've eliminated anything within the giraffe_storage folder. Unfortunately, nothing appears to be a viable culprit whatsoever now. Sorry to be such a menace.

20. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

UPDATE 1.0.6 - Let there be tails!

OVER 500 DOWNLOADS WITHIN 4 WEEKS!!!
    I never thought this would take off as well as it has. Especially considering how much I still need to do with it. But you guys are awesome! Thank you for the support.

That being said, things have been pretty crazy busy for me lately and it doesn't look like it'll be letting up all that much much going forward, but I'm still here and still working on this. Here's what you can expect with this update:

• TAILS! - Currently they are static, but I do plan on having them animate during movement
    • Tier 1 armor is complete and should be working properly
    • Ship door details now glow in the dark
    • various other minor tweaks including a slight thruster alteration on the ship (no need to delete your shipworld file unless you really want to.)

TAILS.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Wulf_Oman likes this.