The Official Axiom Verge Thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ruddthree, Nov 2, 2017.

?

Have you played it before. If so, do you like it?

1. Yeah!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Haven't played it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never heard of it.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

Feel free to discuss whatever you like, as long as it's related to Axiom Verge. If not, Athetos will infect you! [citation needed]

COMMENCE DISCUSSION!! bangs gong

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So... that bee fight I mentioned in that other thread.

I always used that green laser weapon that covers most of the screen. The only problem with that laser, is that which way the thing splits is random, and sometimes the bee will just flop over dead with no effort and other times no matter how many times you shoot, he'll get closer and then proceed to murder you because you didn't hit it enough times fast enough to push him left where he's supposed to be.

But, I've had far more success with that weapon than anything else, so I tend to just use that.

EDIT: For that one person who checked the "Never heard of it" box, this is the game/boss/strategy I'm talking about:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. ruddthree

I think you're refereeing to Voranj. I had tons of problems with it due to it's low damage, making the fight longer and allowing for you to get hit more often. As I mentioned before, the axiom disruptor can make the fight easier if you can aim it into Ukhu's mouth.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I usually favored the Voranj because of how easy it was to hit some enemies. Yeah, it does low damage, but on some enemies, being able to hit the thing while spamming the button, and not even caring about aiming is sometimes beneficial.

But then again, I came across a video that I wanna try... some dude one-shots him with ... crap what's that weapon called? Kilver? It looked pretty easy! < 30 second fight.

5. ruddthree

I saw a video where you glitch the smaller minions and get them into Ukhu's mouth, which I've read deals massive damage. That might've been how he one-shot him. Also, what looks easy might not be as such in practice!