The new numbers on Animals: Can they actually compete?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShneekeyTheLost, Oct 20, 2016.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

When the animal bugs get a fix pigs will definitely be near the top of the food chain. *ba-dum-bump tish*

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Except in Winter, when they don't produce anything...

nevyn21 likes this.
      • Skip Sandwich

Skip Sandwich Void-Bound Voyager

@ShneekeyTheLost

There are 84 days in spring/summer/fall where pigs produce. 112 days in the year total.

Assuming each pig averages 1 truffle per day over that time period and accounting for the 20% chance of double harvests from Gatherer, each pig can be expected to generate ~126,000g per year (assuming Botanist perk). Obviously if the bugs are fixed then they will produce more truffles per day and this number will rise accordingly.

The next most profitable animal is sheep, with iridium wool selling for 816g w/Rancher, with Shepard sheep can produce wool every day for a maximum possible yearly profit of 91,392g per sheep. However, it is unlikely that all wool will be iridium, and some gold quality will be produced as well reducing profitability.

Cows w/Artisan can produce a guaranteed large milk every day which can be processed into gold-star cheese selling for 420g or 47,040g profits per year per cow. Goats have a similar profit rating of about 46k gold per year, they would be about as profitable as sheep if they produced every day.

• Trucker_Torpedo

Trucker_Torpedo Void-Bound Voyager

"Sorry" to bump old threads, but has this been tested with recent patches? I've seen other places that ConcernedApe has "Corrected" some of these "bugs", was wondering if there was anybody out there who has "no life like me, but number-crunchers" that have given this a new test?

Regards Trucker Torpedo

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I tested a few farms on both PC and Xbox and most of the bugs are fixed. The only one that is still present is the decaying happiness bug in heaters. I'm sure others have tested it too.