The New Hylotl Rebellion

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Desolator, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

New-Hylotl-Rebellion-Poster.png
    ==Begin Transmission==
    To those of you who have somehow found this one of many holo-disks, I only wish to send a message. Our race, the Hylotl, are a peaceful race, but because of this, we have always been at the receiving end of many race's weapons. For too long our people have been forced to be used as sacrifices for the Avian's and their God's. For too long our people have been slaughtered by the Floran's for the sake of their 'Hunt'. But no more. No longer shall we be forced on our knees by others. Because of their actions, many of us have begun to rebel. We have taken over and destroyed many villages. We have destroyed, no, annihilated many of your kind. If you wish to support us and our cause, find us and give us this holo-disk. If you do not wish to support us, or even try to rebel or fight us, you will die at our feet. You have been warned.​
    ==End Transmission==

RP Thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/new-hylotl-rebellion-rp-thread.75167/
    Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NewHylotlRebellionStarbound

Well, there you have it, a bit of an introduction of the New Hylotl Rebellion. I've been searching through the threads for a while now and many times I have seen Hylotl being insulted.
    See? this is exactly what I'm talking about. The Hylotl have been insulted and mocked for too long. Join us, and end this foolish mockery once and for all!

(This is just a thread, so please, don't take it too seriously)

To join, you'll have to fill out this application form (subject to change):

In game:
    Starbound Name:
    Holo-disk Number: (Optional, can be any 5-10 numbers and letters)
    Race: (Can be any race, just be willing to join our cause)
    Why do you want to join?: (No short answers)
    What can you do to improve the clan?: (No short answers)
    What are you good at?: (This is purely for RP [Roleplaying] purposes)

Outside of game:
    Name: (Optional)
    Are you mature: (Important that you answer honestly)
    Custom Rank: (FILL THIS IN!! BE AWESOME!!! BE CREATIVE!!!!!!)

Forum/Thread Rules:
    1) Be respectful to others, treat others like you would want them to treat you. Pretty much don't
    There is a human being just like you with feelings that you are talking to.
    2) Don't be a troll towards others.
    3) If there is anything going on between you and another clan member, please inform me or another superior
    4) Listen and obey your superiors. If a superior tells you to do something questionable, please inform me, not any other superiors.
    5) Be an active member! I don't want to have an entire clan with people that don't do anything!
    1 Month = Listed as inactive member, issued a warning
    1-2 Months = Will receive several warnings, possibly temporary ban
    2+ Months = You will be kicked of the clan.
    If you have a good reason for not responding, such as being on month long holidays or something, you will be listed as AWAY. PLEASE tell me in advance.
    If you return and inform me, I will allow you to return.
    6) You can talk about anything on this thread, whether it be about the clan or what you're doing, as long as its appropriate!
    7) HAVE FUN! In all seriousness, we also just want members to enjoy themselves and meet other people

Relations with other clans

• Benny's Brigade
    • ShadowHound
    • TERĂ„S
    • Star Veterans

As of now no one...

Members - I will update whenever I can

• Members go in order which they joined
      • Desolator - Grand Commander, The Founder and The True Leader, Head Thread Admin
      • Warlight - Recon Team Alpha Pilot, The First of Many
      • Muggins738 - Recon Team Alpha Leader, CheeseBurger of the Republic
      • Bluewing - 'The Vengeance' Flag/Command Ship Commanding Pilot, Lieutenant of the Llama Lute Legions
      • Xeravik - Head Militia Commander, Neophyte
      • slasherofevil - Commanding Strategist, Loyal Servant/Right Hand Man of the Grand Commander
      • Galewind - Special Ops Team Leader Alpha, Hyxolonite, Thread Admin
      • Slice - Head Scientist of Technology Department, Chief Cookie-Flavored Cyborg Cat Researcher
      • Vielon - Engineer Team Alpha Leader, Lead Shotguneer, Thread Admin
      • Bob - Recon Team Alpha Assasin, Evil Sword Welding Frog
      • Koi Bakura - Head Builder/Architect, Creative Engineer of Quality Architecture, Thread Admin
      • Liquid - Recon Team Alpha Marksman, Alpha Dark Wolf

Plans:
    *UPDATE - 12th of October 2014*

==Begin Transmission==
    It has come to my attention that not a whole lot of people are currently playing Starbound, posting on the forums, or having much to do with Starbound in general. I know that the developers are working very hard to improve the game, but I know a lot of people that are going to hold off from playing Starbound until Stage 2, or until there is a massive development in the game before then. But besides that, I would like to address all members of the New Hylotl Rebellion and any forum users who happen to be looking at this thread. I know that even though we have quite a few members in this clan, we aren't really being social with each other. I understand that people are too busy to post here, but I would like to let you know that it has been amazing to see people join this clan. Until hopefully everyone starts going on to the forums again, any members who are reading this message, if you wish to get more social with this clan, and your fellow members, please, join the steam group that I have organised for the clan, hopefully we can all get together and maybe talk, or play a few games together. Hopefully, I will be seeing you all soon.​
    ==End Transmission==

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. Desolator

Join us!

3. Ctc9592

Ctc9592 Big Damn Hero

Rebellion is how you spell it.

Alucard I likes this.
  4. Desolator

k

5. Desolator

Bump! Just changed the title, and as of today, we are now allies with Benny's Brigade. Treat them like you would treat your fellow clan-members. That is all.

6. Desolator

Relationships with other clans has been updated. We have 2 allies and 1 enemy.

7. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*A signal appears in the New Hylotl Rebellion HQ, and when accessed, it plays a pre-recorded message*
    "Why hello! You've gone to war with us! Well, considering you don't have any members, this is gonna be an interesting fight.
    Anyways, might as well introduce myself before the battles begin. I'm Lake... and uh... I'm a cannibal... and I'm known to be insane.. what else is there to say?"

8. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

*Signal flickers*

Greetings,
    New Hylotl Rebellion. It appears that you've declared war on my clan, the New Floran Kingdom* whilst simultaneously declaring yourself a one-man army.
    Your reasoning for this war is unannounced, but I can assume that it is a result of your bloodlust. My people have done nothing to anger you, and will only anger you
    if hostilities continue. Breaking through our defenses with your current army will be tantamount to suicide, and I have
    authorized the cannibal to utilize lethal force.

Continued conflict on our peaceful civilization may very well end in your destruction, so choose wisely.

*Your name sounds familiar. I wonder why? :facepalm:

Signed,

Cloudhopper

Postscript: It has occurred to me that your hostility may be caused by racial stereotypes of common Florans. If you had picked your enemies more carefully, you'd know
    that our specific civilization accepts all races (including hylotl, might I add) and refrains from hunting sapient species unless they happen upon our planet and show
    hostility toward us.

-Analysis: This signal has been reflected across mobile relays which render it untraceable.-

(( Double PS: Benny's Brigade is a corporation, not a clan. ))

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    Pixelstomp likes this.
  9. Pixelstomp

I like the sound of that...

10. Desolator

==Begin Transmission==
    If you have received this message, it means that we have received yours. Our reason for going to war with you was not because of OUR bloodlust or anything like that. We have been watching you, ever since your little 'group' was formed. We have considered you actions as hostile as we see you have destroyed many of our holo-disk probes, taking them apart and using them for you own devices. This is one reason why we have chosen to go to war with you. Your mockery towards our race shall not go unpunished. We will break you, you won't know when, or where. But once it's all over, you'll know. I will only use force against your people if necessary. You will make the first move in this war.

Whatever you do to us. Just remember that you will never have the satisfaction of defeating us. Ever.

You have been warned
    ==End Transmission==

-Analysis of Transmission: The mobile relay that sent the transmission scrambled its current coordinates while sending out the message. After the message was sent, it disappears from all sensors for a second then appears somewhere in an unknown sector, then self-destructs, removing all chance of finding where the message came from-

Postscript: It really isn't your concern whether our hostilities towards you were because of racial stereotypes. We picked our allies and enemies carefully. We will only attack if you do. Until one of us attacks, we shall remain in a stalemate

Double PS: Our name wasn't based off your's. It was purely coincidental that we have similar names and are at war with each other:facepalm:

11. GhostHammer

GhostHammer Poptop Tamer

In game:
    Starbound Name: Warlight
    Holo-disk Number: (I'll just go along with it) #167370
    Race: Hylotl
    Why do you want to join?: I really like role-playing, and I just want to be part of a welcoming clan. Also HYLOTLS
    What can you do to improve the clan?: I really don't know for now. I can do anything that you need

Outside of game:
    Name: I prefer not to disclose this type of information
    Are you mature: I assure you I am very mature
    Well, hope I get in...

12. Desolator

Welcome to our first member! Warlight! Thanks for joining. I assure you, you won't be disappointed!

13. Desolator

We are now at war with the New Floran Kingdom. I will soon star an RP thread soon

14. GhostHammer

GhostHammer Poptop Tamer

Thanks! I see that I have been promoted to Recon Team Alpha Pilot. Sweet!

15. Desolator

Yep, for the RP

16. Desolator

Bump. Head on over too the New Floran Kingdom for RP

17. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Please don't.

Pixelstomp likes this.
  18. ShroomiesMuggins

ShroomiesMuggins Tentacle Wrangler

In game:
    Starbound Name: Muggins738
    Holo-disk Number: Screw this
    Race: Glitch
    Why do you want to join?: Because I want to be part of an awesome clan
    What can you do to improve the clan?: I can build stuff for a server

Outside of game:
    Name: I'm not telling :p
    Are you mature: Yub Nub. Ewokese for yes :p
    Custom Rank: CheeseBurger of the Republc

19. Desolator

Accepted! Welcome to the clan soldier!

20. Pixelstomp

As Cloud pointed out...
    it's suspicious how your only 2 members joined the clan on the exact same day they joined the forums, and they haven't made a single post on any other thread.
    If I was crazy, I might say you're making some double accounts...