Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Well, good to know it was well worth stalking this thread and liking every post. Some really good pictures in here! Just thought I'd say that if there was a way to show that I liked those pictures I would do so. Alas, there is no like button, just the unlike button for me.

2. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Ayy, now that's your icon! I'll miss that Gear image.

Shoulder purple hair? Playful? Pseudo Bifauxnen and or Tomboy? Iris Sister best girl. (Though the entire cast has a few less girly types.)

Gear pullin' out her hidden Nadeshiko charm, I see.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

*quietly sneaks in and munches on the pudding*

4. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Here you go.
    [​IMG]

Megumin, MilkCalf, Inf_Wolf14 and 5 others like this.
  5. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I meant more as your avatar, but I'll definitely be keeping a copy of that art.

6. Kaede Grimwater

Heh, sorry. I couldn't resist giving CC2 some love.

Megumin, MilkCalf, Inf_Wolf14 and 3 others like this.
  7. Kaede Grimwater

Nepgear does not use beam swords, or laser swords, or plasma swords. Nepgear uses hard-light swords. This is the only logical explanation for how Nepgear's swords work. Not to mention that fact that she still has hands.

Her blocking animation would make no dam sense if she actually used beam swords.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blocking like this would do little more than burn her hand off.

=Common Arguments=
    It is just a game! How would you know how beam swords work?! Technology in Gamindustri is far more advanced than ours! Your theories are shit, and you always overthink things!
    =End of Common Arguments=

Edit: Removed the "But Kaede" joke, ProtoMario might get mad. Replaced with "Common Arguments" tab.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Megumin, MilkCalf, Inf_Wolf14 and 3 others like this.
  8. Silverduke1

i've never heard of hard light swords before

Inf_Wolf14 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Kaede Grimwater

It shows up a lot in Science Fiction works, or Science Fantasy, depending on the work.

10. Kaede Grimwater

Would you like to see Chibi Nepgear and Chibi Uni play with cute animals?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Silverduke1

really intresting, does it describe the process behind creating a blade of hard light?

Kaede Grimwater and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, I've never seen hard light swords, I have seen hard light bridges though.
    Also, always irks me with light swords. Here's how it should happen.
    [​IMG]

13. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

xkcd is a wonderful comic for nerds like me.

That said however, it's been widely speculated by super nerds with actual degrees in nerdy things that weapons like lightsabers arent made of light, but instead of superheated plasma contained withing a powerful localized electromagnetic field. The problem with that is the heat being generated would instantly vaporize anyone holding the weapon.

Back to bug fixes it seems.

14. Kaede Grimwater

That is one of the reasons Nepgear's sword is not a laser sword. Hard-Light is different. Imagine those bridges, but in the shape of a blade. It cuts just like a regular blade would.

Depends. I know the Halo franchise makes a large use of Hard-Light. Dunno if they explain it though.

Megumin and Jimlad 42 like this.
  15. Silverduke1

not to mention the issue of two blades clashing destabalizing the magnetic field causing the plasma to not be contained properly.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Silverduke1

i would be curious to hear how hard light is supposedly created

Jimlad 42 and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  17. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Well @Silverduke1 one theory for that is that the fields are properly polarized so that the external side of the blade is entirely a single charge, positive or negative, and the internal of the blade holding the plasma is the opposite, so when the fields collide the repel each other. Another theory for that problem that a rather famous theoretical physicist Michio Kaku developed is that the plasma isn't contained in a magnetic field, but rather is vented through an extendable ceramic tube, which through space-age technology is extremely durable to impact, though at the temperatures he suggests for a lightsaber the ceramic never actually contacts anything.

As for hard light, the only thing i can think that would make any kind of sense would be some kind of space-time folding that condenses photons so heavily that they become a solid. The problem with that is before you even got close to that kind of density you'd be making a singularity, or a black hole.

18. Kaede Grimwater

So would I. Hard-Light is a cool concept, and it is used in some of my favorite Science Fiction works.

Megumin and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. Silverduke1

intresting, if that issue can be resolved through either method suggested, with the proper protection it wouldn't be impossible to use such blades

too bad

Sabram, Kaede Grimwater and Jimlad 42 like this.
  20. Kaede Grimwater

I would enjoy seeing Neptune get legitimately sad or angry. Neptune is so weirdly happy all the time, literally all the time. The only time I remember her getting notably pissed off, was in a non canon ending. It also makes it really hard to write the stories I want to write, as I want to stay as close to canon as possible.(Excluding Re;Birth3. That game doesn't exist in my mind.)

Megumin, MilkCalf, Sabram and 2 others like this.