Pixel The Mysterious Shrine Solved ?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by RichieJS, Jul 6, 2016.

1. RichieJS

RichieJS Poptop Tamer

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG] I think I have solved the mysterious shrine ?

I wonder if any HM SNES fans could confirm that within the original HM SNES game world these shrines appear either somewhere in nature or even in the town ?

If they do then i think that I have solved this as when i first saw them I laughed and smiled with wonder. I think CA is honouring the JRPG tradition and these are Japanese Kami shrines.

Just uploading some shots I took of Kami in Tokyo ? They are Shinto Buddhist Shrines on the streets and in nature which are cared for by the community even up to the present day. I placed flowers on one in suburban of Tokyo.

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
      Gabaw likes this.
    • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

These are the teleport shrines. When you use a totem tp teleport to a specific region (e.g. Mountains), then you will appear in front of the mountain shrine.

EDIT: I had a look on Screenshots of HM SNES (my own is gone) and haven't found any of these statues.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
      • RichieJS

RichieJS Poptop Tamer

Thanks Rauschschwalbe. They certainly reminded me of Kami and fitted the "ethos" . Might dig deeper sometime as they may appear in some early Nintendo Japanese RPG styles ?

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

Yes,there is a similarity. But I don't have enough old school RPGs to see if there is something like this in other games.

• RichieJS

RichieJS Poptop Tamer

Glad you agree who knows someone might be able to find one in the early Nintendos.