1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The mothership (ALL RACES) - [working prototype soon] - Hidalgo MODs

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Punisherbr, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Punisherbr

Punisherbr Orbital Explorer

Hello everyone.
    I've been working for a few days on this project, and it mainly comes from an idea to do a complete remake on the old space station to a fully working mothership that works for all races.
    It should be ready some days ago, but as long as I keep working on it, new ideas start coming by and I start to implement them on the fly. So this is delaying the release, but whatever, I'm posting this WIP so you guys can help me modelling it better.
    So, please leave some feedback. :)

KEEP IN MIND :
    I'm no artist. I just played a bit of Lego here, and I tried some pixel art here and there.
    Yes, IT'S MEANT TO BE HUGE, it's a mothership after all :D I'll try my best to suit everyone's need
    (pratical rooms with everything you need in a small space, farm room, and etc.)
    Many of the textures are placeholders, also I may change room positions and ship design a
    s I see fit. (that's mostly why I need feedback from you)
    It's not that far for a release (I can already play on it, and it feels awesome, I just need to change some stuff first)

[​IMG]
    To do features before a working prototype release:
    - Enhance blocks collision (it's a painful job for a ship this big)
    - Enhance lightning across the ship (Trying my best not to overfill with Invisible Lights because of lag)
    - Try to enhance ship design a bit and move some rooms if needed

Planned features for future release:

-Work on ways to make it easy to share and install files
    -NPCs across the whole mothership!!
    -Place all the decorative stuff around the ship, with themed rooms and stuff
    -Create custom itens on the dropship.structure file so I can place, you know, custom designed itens with some function for the ship
    -Research ways to make the background images animated (we can do it!)
    -Secret (psssssh, some features come better with a surprise feeling)
    -Many, many more.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Fullapple1991 likes this.
  2. Tacomancer

Tacomancer Void-Bound Voyager

i is a player ship or some where u go and fight stuff?

3. Punisherbr

It is a player ship with lots of to-be-implemented features to make it unique.

4. TheAltgunner

TheAltgunner Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the ship, being a mix of the vanilla space station and all six racial ships. I think that NPCs should be the player's task (considering that you CAN craft NPC spawners), however, as the right kind of NPC might give the player too much of an advantage if it's an issue. Also, spawned NPCs duplicate for reasons yet to be explained (mitosis?), so your initially well-manned space station will quickly turn into an overcrowded nightmare you have to clean up with your choicest weapons.

5. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This looks promising.
    I look forward to seeing what your final draft looks like.

6. Punisherbr

I'll take a look on to the NPC bug, also I plan to also release a clean version of the ship decorations/NPCs, so people can also build the whole ship from the start

Thank you for your feedback.

As I said, I just played lego with the old space station files, but I plan to use them as placeholders till I can manage to draw some decent rooms.