1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The More Food Mod [Outdated] v2.2.0 (Spirited giraffe)

Adds food missing from starbound, or variations of existing food! ❤

1. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex

2. BitVector

BitVector Phantasmal Quasar

I was wondering if you would like to have a Tabula Rasa button for your mod. I made a couple of quick images for it, and there is also a tutorial on the Tabula Rasa mod post on how to get it working.

Here are the images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to use them how ever you like. :)

3. TheBigBlueSerpent

Awesome! I'll add It in when I get the chance! :D

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It seems you've updated the mod page to include no information on what the mod adds besides "food" and "crops".

In my experience, mods that provide information on what is added to the game tend to get better feedback, etc.

Could you please elaborate on the additions? There was a list of foods added, earlier, but now there is no such list. One for the New crops would be fantastic, as well.

5. BitVector

The inventory icon for cauliflower is missing.

In the cauliflower.consumable file, it shows "inventoryIcon" : "cauliflower.png", however, the image file is named cauliflowericon.png.

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So I finally got home and I checked out the new additions. Pretty cool ones.

But I noticed that you've made a new Tomato plant and new icons for the Tomato, Tomato Seed, etc. It all overwrites the old files too... This bugs me quite a bit.

I can see from the images that you were going for a more Cherry Tomato-ish vibe, so why not move the new assets to a Cherry Tomato plant? Leave the big, juicy vanilla Tomatoes as they were in vanilla? :D

Also, I noticed that you've added a Soybean Plant. Cool. I looked at its files, though, and I see a conflict with my own mod (BetterMerchants) right away, as you also use the "Soybean" consumable item. Maybe you could do a slight rename (like, "mf_soybean") to avoid conflict?

7. TheBigBlueSerpent

All great suggestions!
    I'm going to get working on that.

8. TheBigBlueSerpent

9. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay, this probably won't help much, but in my heavily modded Starbound, I encountered a bug, the bug being your mod (I removed it and it worked fine) causing "meatchunks" to not exist. I know its not that detailed of a report, but if you want to know all the mods installed and the log file, I can give you the log and list the mods so you can fix compatibility.

10. TheBigBlueSerpent

I'm not sure what could cause that, could you give a list of mods your using?

11. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure how many are actually active, as I think most are broken, but here they are; Colorbound+, Arcane Add On, Character Creation Mod, Kemono Race Mod, More Bandages, Mournepak, Mr. Foxers Fancy Headgear Pack, ODB2CCM (No clue what that one does, its from an early version of my personal pack...and I can't find it on forums...but I found the download in my history[If that helps at all..]) , Your PBJ mod (You know where to find that :p) , Mighty Music Modpack, Shoeheads Threads, Skelly race mod, Starswords pack, Tabula Rasa, Tea Mod (Pretty sure this one is broken and doesn't work.) , the YourStarboundCrew mods (Crew and world, and I am pretty sure those mods don't work, they are .rar files for some reason, along with mournepak...), and Frackin Flora. I would give links for the others, but my internets seems to have decided to not want to load webpages....so yeah. I am also running on a Macbook Pro. I am lucky if this goes through, my internet is being dumb *sigh*

EDIT: I suppose my internet was being fine, the forum was down.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  12. BitVector

ODB2CCM is the ODB2 Character Creation Mod. The Tea Mod works by selling tea pots and cups through your ship's 3D Printer. YourStarBoundCrew Mod works by placing the files into your /universe folder, not your /mods folder.

Also, as far as I can see, The More Food Mod doesn't seem to change meat chunks anywhere, however, it seems that the recipe for Meat Burritos in The More Food Mod is using the item name of "meat chunks" rather than "meatchunks", which needs to be fixed by TheBigBlueSerpent, since that means Meat Burritos can't be created properly. :D

13. TheBigBlueSerpent

On it!

14. TheBigBlueSerpent

15. BitVector

Oops, you used "/path/to/UHLB.png" rather than "objects/wired/tabularasa/UHLB.png", so we can't see the button. :)

Also, is Meat Burritos showing up for you in the Kitchen Counter? I can't seem to find it, and I was having that strange problem before you updated...

EDIT: Oh, I see, some of your recipes have some parsing problems.

This is the way that your meatburrito.recipe should look:
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "lettuce", "count" : 1 },
        { "item" : "meatchunks", "count" : 1 },
        { "item" : "wheat", "count" : 2 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "meatburrito",
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "kitchen", "consumables", "all" ]
    }
    EDITx2:
    As I'm going through your mod, I found a few more things:
    - colbycheese, cookiedoughicecream, pepperjackcheese have the same parsing problems
    - americanbisut and britishbisut seem to not be used (typoes that you didn't delete?)

I hope you don't mind me pointing out these problems. I just like to help and see that some of my favorite mods do well. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  16. TheBigBlueSerpent

Oh man! thanks a lot to work out xD
    I'll work on that and have it out soon, thanks!

17. outlawshadow

outlawshadow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the mod! I'm just wondering if you could add a method to naming your items specific to your mod? Something along the lines of adding MFM to the item name, for example, to avoid conflicts with other mods that add produce. I know that would be a tall order, and most people can easily alter conflicting files themselves. Just an idea as the mod community grows. I still LOVE this mod regardless.

18. Sir-Leviathan of Avia

Sir-Leviathan of Avia Orbital Explorer

I don't knowhow to "review " but it looks cool....could you do some requests on food too?
    I was thinking teriyaki chicken bowl: chicken sugar and rice
    hot pocket: bread, eggshoot, bacon, milk (it should make 3 of em?)
    I don't know if you'll like these suggestions but I kick myself for not at least trying to contribute

19. TheBigBlueSerpent

I have to see if we really need it before I start, because its a lot of files to change. you know?
    If people notice a conflict I'll gladly fix it!
    Coming right up!

20. TheBigBlueSerpent