1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Moogles of Ivalice α-1.2

The adorable little furballs from Final Fantasy are here!

1. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

There's not too many hairstyles known anyways- the Ivalice moogles didn't typically have hairstyles, outside of a few specific cases here and there like Montblanc, Hurdy, Gurdy, and some others.

As for the armor sets: The stat-armor is separate from clothes a la Avali Mod, allowing me to reasonably do class armor without worrying about having to invent sprites for classes that didn't wear hats or helmets (i.e Mog Knights didn't show helmets on the sprites, portraits or artwork, so if I made armor sprites for stat-armor I'd have to either invent helmet sprites for the Mog Knight armor or deal with an invisible helmet while the rest of the armor is visible).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. Khioni

Infdev 1.9-snap7-29-18a
    • Fixed weapon tags
      • Ultima Weapon now has "energy" tag for Frackin' Races perks
      • Flametongue, Icebrand and Coral Sword now have the "upgradeableWeapon" tag
    • Tweaked stats
      • All moogle guns (Goug MK29, Lost Gun, Peacemaker) now have crit values
      • Goug MK29 is now a T2 weapon and had its recipe adjusted.
    • Mechs tweaked
      • Moogle mech armor is lighter (lower FrackinUniverse-mass and defense, but higher energy, instead of being perfectly balanced)
      • Ultima Mech is no longer a pallet swap
        • Sprites not final.
    Infdev 1.9-snap7-29-18b
    No further differences, other than an updated Ultima Mech sprite variant that I liked better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. BlitzOmega

BlitzOmega Void-Bound Voyager

I just noticed the Avali-Style Armor workaround, and I'm totally fine with that!

as for hair, I would at least make the male hairs available to female moogles so they have more than a single option other than 'bald'. whether a few are lifted from humans (some were at least passable from what I've checked of the early build Moogles) or custom made, I've always been the sort to approve of a wider variety of haircuts so variety can occur.

as for outfits, while I am excited and eager to see all of the Moogles' canon classes become outfits, I do somewhat hope you do a few other outfits for the heck of it. primarily Red Mage and Onion Knight because Art I've seen of them recently is nothing short of precious.

looking forward to more Moogle content! Also this mod is way too fun in Frackin Universe

Khioni likes this.
  4. Khioni

MogTheMoogle updated The Moogles of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Weapon Update 1

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you could make sets. Like a pub one. If this mod goes to ayear of development, could you add other races and call it an ffta instead of just calling it moogle? If you feel that there are many possibilities, you should contact other mod makers to help. I have great faith in you man,

6. BlitzOmega

Since someone else already did Viera damned well, I think we should let him focus exclusively on Moogles.

though a supplementary mod-pack with Final Fantasy Job 3/5 outfits would be nice once he finishes polishing this to a mirror shine~

Khioni likes this.
  7. Khioni

Plans for Infdev 1.10 - Clothing & Customization Update
    • Update existing clothing sprites
    • Add the remaining FFTA & FFTA2 outfits, and include the concept artwork outfits of the 6 siblings using the FFTA2 artwork design
    • Get some more hairstyles (Furstyles...?) in there for both genders.
      • Suggestions are welcome, if you feel they'd fit Moogles well.
    • Figure out how to make dyes that would change the Freelancer Tunic's collar/sleeves async from the main color without linked color schemes
    • More "accent colors" (Pom-pom and wings use this color line)

upload_2018-8-14_10-26-25.png upload_2018-8-14_10-26-46.png
    upload_2018-8-14_10-27-17.png upload_2018-8-14_10-27-29.png
    • Shading tweaks
    • Inventory sprites being redone
    [​IMG]
    upload_2018-8-15_1-0-28.png
    • Working on new hairstyles (or furstyles, if you prefer)
    • Tweaked ears once again

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  8. BlitzOmega

!!!!
    My Moogle is in a mod?! I'm super flattered you liked my Lyn so much! thank you!!!

Khioni likes this.
  9. Khioni

Clothing, Customization & Tweaks

10. Irismono

Irismono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you need more moogle names, FFIX has a bunch, including a fair few females. Stiltzkin's hat and backpack would make nice additions as well.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  11. Mujina

Mujina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Larger ships were broken because a booster object was named poorly. I was able to fix this by hand, but the game is looking for a "bigboostermoogle" object that's not there!

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  12. Khioni

Ah. I used the SKTest base when making the Ivalician Moogles, so there must've been a few oversights here and there.

Since I've been working on adding new things on top of the bugpatches, here's a new snapshot that also has a peek of the start of what to expect when it finally goes into Alpha.
    Changelog
    • Redid the Ultima Weapons
      • Added the "Ultima Buster", the gun equivalent of the Ultima Weapon.
      • The original FF6-style sword model has been moved to a new item and rebalanced.
        • The new model keeps the insane combo speed, with a higher general speed, but lowered per-hit damage (DPS is technically the same).
        • The classic FF6 model has the original power, but no more quick-combo, for those that prefer strength over finesse.
    • Crafting Ultima Weapons has been tweaked so you no longer permanently lose the chance to make the Ultima Weapon if you lost your Broken/Protectorate Broadsword, and overall rebalanced.
      • You still need ancient essence, and they are still L-8 weapons.
    • Re-animated and retouched the player sprites.
      • The tail is neither stiff nor a "cotton ball" anymore, and their wings had their animations redrawn.
    • (Hopefully) fixed the big boosters corrupting the bigger vanilla ships.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  13. Irismono

Irismono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've noticed that in modding (regardless of game) the development process is something in the line of: 1, IDEA THAT IS SO AWESOME. 2, Hey I'm gonna try and do that. 3, Woohoo this is great, I'll name this in-dev build 1 and post in on the forums. 4, wow people love this, let's make it even better. 5.a, wait several months to several years. 5.b IT"S IN ALPHA YAY. 6.a, And now it's Beta. 6.b, It's full release 1 already, I'll still develop it a bit though.

14. Khioni

Initial Alpha

15. Khioni

16. Khioni

17. Alexander Kupel

Alexander Kupel Space Hobo

Does this mod gain buffs from Frackin' Races?

There's an entry here that lists stats for Moogles based on FU. Does this mod use that?

18. Alexander Kupel

Alexander Kupel Space Hobo

It do, ignore me.

19. Khioni

20. Khioni

Weapons+