1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Moogles of Ivalice α-1.2

The adorable little furballs from Final Fantasy are here!

1. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

May I bring it to every fan of this mod's attention that Frackin' Races just updated with everyone's favorite Moogles' physics/stats.

2. Khioni

[​IMG] upload_2018-2-16_18-21-40.png
    [​IMG] upload_2018-2-16_18-45-5.png (Based off ingame sprites.)
    upload_2018-2-16_18-24-52.png upload_2018-2-16_18-26-58.png

How's that for me tryharding to get their hairstyles in?
    Worth noting that the sprite colors change ingame, and I didn't bother pallete swapping for those concept sprites.

Nono's hairstyle, if he even has one is unclear; always obstructed by his hat, and Horne is shown without any hair, just fur in the Tactics A2 artwork used in the "sidestories", making that the only reference I have for them as their original designs in FF12 were drastically different to the redesigns I'm basing things off of; Montblanc and Nono were the two brothers out of 6 siblings that stayed pretty much the same across every version, and Hurdy's character was pretty much overhauled in Tactics A2, while we're on the topic of redesigning.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Khioni

Release candidates will be released here on the discussion thread.
    • Infdev 1.7 RC1
      • Some minor shading adjustments to the wings, and some slight animation tweaks to them.
      • Fluffed their ears yet again.
      • Removed placeholder hume hairstyles.
      • Added Montblanc, Hurdy and Horne's hairstyles for boys, and Gurdy's hairstyle and headband for girls.
        • May break existing characters, or just cause them to complain about missing assets from placeholder hairstyles.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  4. Khioni

Even if someone wants to help but isn't too good at spriting or coding, simply debugging the mod itself is a help in itself. I'm gonna start doing RC versions before they actually release, so this is possible.
    Rename your crashlogs to end in .txt to upload 'em without or the auto-smiley conversion botching it, much less spamming this. (Even when spoiler'd as to not spam the screen with the logs, it STILL auto-converts text to smilies.)

5. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

[​IMG]

There is the upgraded Coral Sword

[​IMG]

Working on the gun

6. Khioni

Nice.
    If you'd gotten into the Release Candidate, have you noticed anything weird other than breaking existing characters due to the new hairstyles?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tadaaaaaaa (i guess)

Khioni likes this.
  8. Khioni

... should I update stable to 1.7 or jump it in favor of working on 1.8 / The Clothing Update?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Clothing

10. Khioni

Here's my plan list so far.

• Add the rest of the Moogle class outfits over the 1.8 versions, at least a few per update.
    • Make special dyes to change the sleeve color of the Freelancer Tunic and similar cases where I need a second color pallet that can be tweaked.
    Edit- It may take a while to get all that done, as armor sprites aren't my strongest spot and there's the "second color pallet" thing that I plan on doing so that there's no need for hardcoded colors where they don't make sense to be such.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  11. Khioni

Well, this is gonna take forever on my own...
    It took me quite a long time to get the first 5 classes done, and I have SO many more classes to make, including the special outfits...
    • Classes Done
      • Freelancer
      • Thief
      • Black Mage
      • White Mage
      • Mog Knight
    • Classes Remaining
      • Time Mage
      • Gunner (Fusilier in Tactics A2)
      • Animist
      • Flintlock
      • Juggler
      • Tinker (or "Machinist"/"Engineer" if you prefer, also Nono's outfit)
      • Chocobo Knight
    • Special Outfits
      • Montblanc
      • Sorbet
      • Horne
      • Gurdy
      • Hurdy (Bard, but I'm counting his outfit as "special" 'cause he's the only one in FF Tactics A2 that is a bard.)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  12. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Can you add Scholar from FF3?

13. Khioni

Yes and no.
    My priorities right now are getting the other FF Tactics Moogle class outfits done (including the 6 siblings as I already did their hairstyles), and making dyes that change the second color line so the green sleeves won't be hardcoded anymore.

Edit - And I'm in no rush, either. Better slow & steady than rushed and terrible.

Edit II: Did I mention armor's not my strong spot? I had enough of a pain getting the first 5 to look right at this resolution. Doesn't help when a class has such fine details that you gotta figure out how to sidestep for the Starbound implementation.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Khioni

... Trying so hard to make the clothing sprites, but I'm having such a hard time with making 'em look good at this resolution...

I'd do the accent-color/sleeve dyes, but I don't get how I'm supposed to make special dyes that would effect a second color palette line.
    I just see color indexes and the according entries seem to be in the armor files, but I don't want to lock you to specific color palette combos.
    tl;dr I want to be able to have sleeves/secondary color dyed separately from the main color line. Is it even possible without save editing?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  15. Khioni

No version jumping.
    Infdev 1.7 Snapshot
    • Adjusted player sprites again (Nothing too noticeable from what was RC1 before I decided to fuse it with what will be the clothing update, but I can be quite the perfectionist)
    • Unimplemented assets for Time Mage are there; still trying to figure out how I'm gonna make it in Starbound pixel art. They can be spawned in with admin commands but only the hat is remotely complete so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  16. Khioni

Guess I'll be splitting the updates again...
    • 1.7 will have the player sprite overhaul (and update the screenshots on the homepage where applicable) and add the Time Mage set.
    • 1.8 will have way more sets and if it's possible to figure it out, add special dyes to change a second color line, allowing clothing like the Freelancer Tunic to have sleeve/collar colors other than just green.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. Khioni

MogTheMoogle updated The Moogles of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Player Sprite Overhaul & Patches

Read the rest of this update entry...

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  18. Khioni

Existing characters may break, complain about missing assets or otherwise glitch up.
    I'd advise making a new character unless you can figure out how to save edit without corrupting your file.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  19. Khioni

Forgot to mention, but I updated some sprites like Gungnir.

Future plans...
    1.8 would be the Clothing Update.
    1.9 would be the weapon update, including Flametounge and Icebrand, and more weapons.
    The guns (when implemented) would also be able to be modified to shoot elemental projectiles, and I plan on adding custom guns of each type.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Starfan87 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  20. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

You can do it! Keep going! Remember me? Here is a list of future goals! Kupopo!

-pls add vaan in arc!

- add bangaas!

-add marche and luso!

-make class weapons with ferozium, violium etc!

-staves can fail if the class armor is not equiped (like sage.)

-you can make the sword an ultima at the end!

-Bosses! You can use tennant quests to make hunts like in ffXII! And manipulate the ancient totem sprite to make andrammelech!!!!

- Chocobo! You can use it to make another mount!

-Penelo in arc!

-Ritz in arc!

-You can find armors in the wild like wygar and very rarely legendary ffta swords!

-merchant is shop lady! (Depending where you are what planet)

Pls do this!! Thanks! Keep going!