The Magical Thread of Slimy Awesomeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

x.x i only read the 3 and 4 x.x but i think he will get to the point

• queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

this is hilarious and i cannot believe it oh my god

I feel like Marlon would be sooooo pissed. I'm gonna try and breed some in the sewers,just to avoid Marlon's wrath. Krobus can have some little pets and the rest of the town stays safe! Everyone's happy and I finally have a reason to play with my main save file again.

Did someone say you can put them in peoples' houses, though? I think I've got a gift for Elliott....

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

As far as I know you can hatch them inside anyone's house without bothering people *except* your own (if you're married). They can open doors and respond if the villagers talk to them, but they won't try to hurt anyone except you. Krobus would probably enjoy the company. :3

CyanBlueFarmer likes this.
        • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I have to start breeding them in George's house too. Just so I can pretend that he's going between lecturing them on manners and suggesting they wear sweaters.

• LuthienNightwolf

And getting mad at them when they don't move out of the way and his wheels get stuck in their slime? lol

• queertactics

So, I put some incubators in the sewer and hatched two slime eggs... except, when I showed up, the incubators were empty (as if the slimes had hatched) but there were no slimes anywhere. :( does this mean I can't have slimes in the sewers? or could I have done something else wrong? :(

• LuthienNightwolf

There are some areas of the map that won't work for slime breeding, I guess the sewer is one of them. I had the same thing happen at the quarry and at the bus tunnel area above the farm - the slimes would hatch but as soon as I exited that screen they would disappear. I'm not really sure why some areas work and some don't, we're kind of learning by trial and error now.

Poor Krobus though. Forever alone. :(

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

What about breeding them in the mine entrance, especially near the dwarf. Without spoiling, I'm still mad at him for going you know where and picking a fight with sweet little you know who.

hippichicki and CyanBlueFarmer like this.
                  • LuthienNightwolf

Never know til you try it. ;3

• queertactics

ok slimers i tested the mines!!! totally works. @Cramped Sultana great idea tbh!!

i see the dwarf as a lava slime kinda dude, but i've only got blue slime eggs. oh well.

[​IMG]

also!! besides my slime castle on my farm, here's my main slime breeding ground!!! i love how it looks!

[​IMG]

the townsfolk shouldn't be going near the abandoned joja mart anyway! i'm looking at you, shane. (a bunch of my townsfolk keep going in there? how?? there's no door?? pam why are you phasing through the door what are you even doing in there. i wanna go too! show me the forbidden joja.) so maybe these little dudes'll convince people to stay away.

i've set up a hardwood fence along the perimeter, so hopefully i'll be able to keep them from invading the rest of the town.

i'm really pleased with the look it gives the place. the joja mart TOTALLY deserves to be infested with slimes.
                      it's all the joja cola they left in the back. yuck.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                      • Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

I did some slimes on the mine today, they jumped into the void, then the next 5 seconds they jumped back.

• LuthienNightwolf

I love it! Great use for those unsightly Joja ruins. lol Hopefully a villager won't crash your fences down trying to get in! :eek:

hippichicki likes this.
                          • CyanBlueFarmer

CyanBlueFarmer Poptop Tamer

Um... Does anyone know what happens to slimes that try to exit the map? I hatched a few in Cindersap and saw them try to take the path up toward my farm. But when I followed them over, I didn't see them anymore. Q.Q Are they dead?

• LuthienNightwolf

I think they just disappear, that's happened a few times with mine too.

On the other hand, slimes will also start to appear in inaccessible places on the edges of the map too. I'm not really sure what's going on in the coding to make that happen but they can still breed, so you can end up with a huge cluster of them just stuck in one place. Right now, my Cindersap river slimes are appearing around the forest and I have to patrol the area daily to kill off any loose ones. They got into the pond somehow and took over that as well, but I haven't seen any on my farm yet.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Alright, but is it also possible to put slimes in the sewer? It sounds like a great spot for a green colony, and Krobus might be able to use some company too. ; )

• queertactics

@Dwarfus I mean, I tried to hatch slime eggs down there and then my slimes never showed up after the incubator was empty. So it might be, but I wasn't able to. I totally agree, that'd be my #1 place to put slimes, but for some reason it didn't work for me. Feel free to try, though!! let us know if it works for you.

• queertactics

okay i thought you were kidding and clint TOTALLY BROKE MY FENCE, I WATCHED HIM. i ALMOST wish the slimes could do damage to the villagers. i had to readjust to make sure nothing was in anyone's path (penny kept tearing down a scarecrow i put up for looks? what've you got against dwarves, penny??), but i killed the slimes that escaped and put the fence back up. hopefully it'll work now!!

and i would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling blacksmith...

• LuthienNightwolf

Okay, here's the thing with Clint. lol He is probably the one villager that actually gets on my nerves. I've learned by now, but I used to *always* manage to be trying to break geodes on Fridays - and of course, that's his day where he just stands and stares at the forge in the CC (the one I spent all that time getting fixed for him) not doing anything actually useful. Not smelting, not breaking geodes, not making nice shiny new weapons. Just standing, and staring.

"Hey Clint, I've got a whole backpack full of rocks here, you think you could help me see what's in them?"

"I spend all my time in my shop." (I don't remember the exact line, but that's about the gist of it.)

"Okay awesome." X3

I've filled his entire shop and bedroom with grass before, just to spite him. Alex too, for his comment about Sebastian being "that weird kid that dresses all in black".

So slime em' up. Grass seems far too light a punishment for their offenses but a room full of bouncing, slimy friends...that'll work. (And yeah, villagers will plow through anything that gets in their way, I've seen it happen - George rolled right over a sweet pea one time. lol)

• CyanBlueFarmer

CyanBlueFarmer Poptop Tamer

Oh man... I'm so glad I put the slime incubator out of the way, then. Imagine if I took a nice stroll through the town plaza for once instead of warping/riding mine carts everywhere and just saw everyone taking pickaxes to the Great Provider of Slimy JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't check the forum for a few weeks and you go all B-Movie on Pelican town. Luthien, this is how evil overlords get started. You're gonna have adventuring parties gunning for you. >:c