The Magical Thread of Slimy Awesomeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mmm, I can only imagine the ecological effects of sliming up the river.
    Do slingshots work on the river?

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I can't wait to get to this point. I have two starter colonies right now: one in the town square and one up in the railroad. I also have a slime hutch. I feel terrible: I needed some extra slime balls so I killed off a few slimes in my hutch. I still feel really guilty about it. I don't mind killing off the wild ones, but killing the ones I'm raising at home just feels wrong.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Speaking of which... What happens when the character player stands on the railroad and a train charges through...? I've never really dared finding out because I've not fainted with any of my characters so far. :proper:

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You get knocked back and damaged a bit. And keep getting damaged until you jump off the tracks :)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Your character is not quite stronger than a locomotive.

Fancy giving leaping a tall building in a single bound a try?

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I have tried both bombs and slingshots with explosive ammo - they will work on the slimes that are in range, unfortunately because the edge of the water essentially acts as a wall, you will take damage from the ammo as well. You can run away from the bomb but it takes several explosions to kill purples, and they keep moving around so you'd have to stand there and bomb for a long time to make a dent.

• CyanBlueFarmer

CyanBlueFarmer Poptop Tamer

These are amazing! And this is in an unmodded version of Stardew Valley?

• LuthienNightwolf

My version is modded, but nothing that would affect the Slimes. You can do this in Vanilla as well. :)

My farmer was doing the Salmonberry run today. The Slimes helped.
                  Berry Picking With Slimes.png

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
                  • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

That one slime looking at you from the cliff being all like "It's okay, not like I want to be part of the group anyway, I'll just... stay here, y'know..."... I wanna hug it.

hippichicki and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                    • LuthienNightwolf

OMG you guys. I just had something hilarious happen on my game this morning.

So, I hatched a slime in the house, thinking hey, maybe I can have a pet slime running around, that'd be cool. Right?

Welllll Shane didn't think so. lol I went to give him his morning smooch and the newly hatched slime came around the corner and Shane took off after it and killed it. He said "Hey, get out!" and smashed it, and then when I talked to him right after he said "Um, honey? Why are there monsters in the house?"

Lesson learned - if you try to have pet slimes, your spouse will not appreciate it! lol (I don't have screenshots, sorry - this caught me so offguard I just kinda sat there and blinked for a second.)

Try it!

IMG_8157.JPG

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Sweet Yoba, that's what I call a well-hidden easteregg :D

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Dang, that's awesome xD
                          Did not expect the spouses would target monsters.

I'm married to Emily on my slime save, I wonder if she'll do it too :p

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                          • LuthienNightwolf

You guys should try it - its really funny to watch. lol I wonder if different spouses have different things they say after.

hippichicki likes this.
                            • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I might just try it out on all my different saves. Just to see if they have something different to say or if it's all the same.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

So I tried to hatch a slime in my house:
                                IndoorSlimeFail.png
                                And failed ;.;

It tries so hard to jump inside, but it can't quite make it.

I think I'll try and hatch a male down there and see if I can start a population of void slimes. Could potentially cause some lag issues in the long run though if I can't get rid of 'em again... Do they cause lag or something if you have too many in the same area?
                                I don't even know if they despawn in the void though, I just woke up to this fail, took a screenshot and closed the game. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Also, unrelated question. What color do you get if you breed a blue and a red slime? You'd think purple, but surely not?

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I slimed so hard
                                  and got so far
                                  but in the void
                                  it doesn't even matter

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Okay, hatched a slime indoor on my Abby save. It took a while before she noticed it, I had it bouncing around her for several seconds before she reacted to it. And she reacted almost in the same way as Shane; She had a "What the..?" speech bubble, then promptly killed it and then wondered why there are monsters in the house. I'm guessing it's default for them all.

And I tried to reload the day, to see if she would react faster. Still took a while before she reacted but the speech bubble was different! She yelled "Argh!" the second time. Looks like there's a few different things they can say in the speech bubble :D

• LuthienNightwolf

Ahh that's funny. >u< What a great way to mess with your spouse without actually pissing them off. lol

Red and blue slimes I'm not actually sure, I haven't crossed those yet. I've bred them with purple though and managed to get pink slimes, but I kept my blue slimes with the green ones and blue pretty much took over. I had to kill most of them off just so the green slimes could have a chance.

I don't think they cause any lag, at least I haven't experienced any yet. The river south of the farm is absolutely packed with the purple and pink ones now, and everything runs smooth when I'm down there. So you should be okay to have a bunch in the void, if they stay.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Fill the house with dangerous monsters? No problem.
                                        Stop giving them free stuff for a few days? They hate you.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Okay I had a slightly different reaction from Haley. It's probably because it was a blue slime, but it took her three hits to kill it. She yelled different kinds of "Ahh" every time she hit it too xD

Edit: Yes, it was defintiely because it was a blue slime. Tried a green slime on her and she one-shotted it just fine.
                                          And yelled this:
                                          SlimeBubble.png
                                          Finally managed to screentshot the speech bubbleX3

Edit:
                                          And tried a red slime on her, she hits so fast but I'm pretty sure I counted 6 hits. And there's not just a few things they can say in the speech bubble, there's quite a lot actually.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017