1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Lethal Shard Battlecruiser, Presented by Alsehr Industries!

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Alsehr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Alsehr

Alsehr Pangalactic Porcupine

For it to work in multiplayer, the other players just need the image files in the same folder, but don't replace the other files.

2. Arkydos

Arkydos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So just renaming them into anything like ShipShip2.png? Else I would have to replace them^^ Or do you mean keeping the original files just in case?

3. witheringsanity

witheringsanity Starship Captain

an important thing to note: for the mod to work, a character with this ship must be the FIRST character you load. if you load another character of the same race during the same play session, you'll get the vanilla ship with no background, even if you choose to make a new character. you must exit out, reopen the game, and then make a new character.

EDIT: i take that back, i have absolutely no idea how to make this mod work properly. i only ever got it to work with one new character, i suppose that'll have to do. it seems no matter what i do the ship is always vanilla with every new character, save for that one that actually stuck

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Arkydos

Arkydos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps this mod isn't updated to the new version of Starbound yet? I can't get it to work anymore, too...

5. Alsehr

I will take a look at this issue when I have some time later. I have a full time job, but I'll try to fix it ASAP.

6. Alsehr

The issue is likely that steam downloaded a fresh copy of the original files when the update happened. I tried installing a fresh copy of starbound, modding it, and made multiple characters. It works just fine. Just copy over your floran/avian/glitch/whatever ship and try again.

Arkydos likes this.
  7. Trexus

Trexus Void-Bound Voyager

...something went wrong...

please helpD:

Attached Files:

8. Alsehr

Lol. Will take a look immediately.

Trexus likes this.
  9. Trexus

Trexus Void-Bound Voyager

thank you
    :)

10. Alsehr

Alright. For some reason, the update link was not changed when I updated the mod. You downloaded the original 1.00 file from before Angry Koala. The new download link works, DL it and try again, my apologies.

11. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

Such an Amazing Ship here and from FTL. Look here is a great opportunity for you and you will be credited as a major Contributor be we need to get your permission to modify your Masterpiece here.

Me + Madtulip in company would like to use your ship and break it down into parts for a "Shipparts" mod for people who have the Customize your own ship Mod. Get back with us if your interested. We will Credit all those who Participate. Madtulip has made a wonderful mod with the basic/default ships for all races/species in the game. I would like to expand this by featuring all the communities best looking ships broken down into parts for this Major and massive cosmetic overhaul mod.

12. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

The thing we need most is permission for things like Modifying the pieces like wings slightly to get them to be compatible when placing on new ship room. The End result would look very similar to this and you would be able to even make your own improves of FTL's famous design here, maybe a larger Freighter/Mining Ship with the same Style here. Can we put you down on the list of Participants Alsehr?

13. KieveKRS

KieveKRS Space Hobo

Well... this is flattering. :) Alsehr, I'm very glad you liked the Retribution's design. As I don't actually play/own Starbound, I likely wouldn't have found this at all if it weren't for a friend of mine. And I am very grateful that you were thoughtful enough to include proper credit. I really can't stress that enough. I do wish you'd have contacted me, either before publishing this (to ask permission) or afterwards to at least let me know where and how my work is being used (general courtesy), but since you did credit me properly and aren't trying to pass the ship image itself off as your own, I'm certainly not going to hold it against you.

@28Mark: The ship image is not actually Alsehr's, as you may have noticed, and thus permission isn't his to give. That being said, he does have my permission to allow the ship to be included, as long as I continue to be properly credited for the ship graphic. I'm not really sure what else modding here entails, it's kind of a new situation to see my work showing up in completely unrelated areas...

For the curious, the original FTL mod this comes from is here. Y'know, if you happen to be an FTL fan as well as a Starbound player.

14. Hellcelot

Hellcelot Void-Bound Voyager

For reference, I know there was a solution to this on your Starbound Nexus page, but I can't for the life of me find this mod on the Nexus, and I need some help with a problem I know was experienced before!

When I loaded up a new character, the shipship.png file didn't load on the outside, with the inside and the blocks all usable. I was curious, as i forgot, how do you fix that issue? I remember it was something simple.

(Edit)
    [​IMG]
    This, specifically.

15. Alsehr

I would think this issue is that your dropship file was edited or not in the proper folder. Since you seem to be playing a custom race, then the former is likely true. Make sure that the dropship,structure file refers to the .png image properly. THen make sure that the png coordinates are 0,0.

16. Amarenthae

Amarenthae Space Hobo

I absolutely love this ship, but is there any way I would be allowed to further customize it myself? For example, put a different chair or change where I want the fuel/tech stations to go, etc?

17. Alsehr

Sure, you just need to learn how to modify the files, or change the dropshipblocks image and the structure file. There's a lot of tutorials around, and I encourage you to play with it.

18. Augustoigor2008

Augustoigor2008 Big Damn Hero

Im having problems here : I installed the mod (Im using the Novakid+ custom race) and it doesn't loaded up for my character, what should i do?
    (He is new, didn't even loaded him, the mod is working fine for other races.)

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

20. Gallade785

Gallade785 Yeah, You!

I can't repair fuel station. Help!
    P.S. How about remove the fuel station and make it a reward for completing the quest?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015