1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Lethal Shard Battlecruiser, Presented by Alsehr Industries!

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Alsehr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Alsehr

Alsehr Pangalactic Porcupine

Alsehr Industries thanks you for your purchase, and welcome to your brand new,
    Shard Class Battlecruiser!
    (All thanks goes to Kieve for his FTL mod, Dark Obsidian Cruiser.)

[​IMG]

The Shard Battlecruiser is a fast, well equipped battlecruiser, outfitted to withstand and win any interstellar battle. Equipped with an array of varying missile and laser based weapons, this ship will follow you to your enemies graves, but not your own.
    • Fully custom layout The Shard comes equipped with multiple spacious rooms!
    • Beautiful Exterior! Built from the interior of a spacefaring obsidian asteroid, the armor is reinforced with the most advanced deflective armor available. No expense is spared!
    • Maneuverability! The Shard's relatively small frame makes it a capable adversary, while it may be smaller than most Battleship-Class ships, it well outperforms it's peers.
    • Rubyfin Class FTL Engine! with 2000 fuel capacity! All Shards come standard with a medium capacity fuel storage, allowing for less frequent maintenance.
    [​IMG]

Please leave feedback if you enjoy this fix! I will continue updating!

Alternate DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1v197zyoo9152cy/Shard+Battlecruiser+mod+by+Alsehr+v1.zip

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. DreiStar

DreiStar Tentacle Wrangler

The outside of the ship looks very awsome, but the inside seems like some jumpparty. ^^

3. Akrae

Akrae Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it's an unfortunate side-effect of taking a top-down view of a ship and translating it into a sidescroller, but platforms/stairs will make it look and feel a lot more fluid.

4. doomtrigger

doomtrigger Void-Bound Voyager

How do i get this to look right everytime i try to use a ship mod all i get is the background and then the old ships interior and i cant move past the vanilla ships area

5. Alsehr

You need to overwrite the dropship.structure file as well, and then you have to make a new character. Making a new character after modding is the important part.

6. doomtrigger

Thats first thing i did this happens everytime and i dont know why here is what keeps happening

Edit: Can someone upload the ship world data from this mod please

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. Alsehr

Here are the steps: Download the mod, unzip the file, and overwrite -all- of the files in your assets/ships/glitch folder with the files from the zip. Then make a new character. Do that exactly in that order, and it should work fine.

8. xtomass

xtomass Orbital Explorer

Really Love the way this ship looks and It's Layout. Would Like It more if it was slightly easier to maneuver :)

Also I covered this mod on today's Mod List Video :)

Alsehr and Akrae like this.
  9. Alsehr

Awesome, glad to hear that you really enjoyed it. I liked the video, you're a funny guy.

10. doomtrigger

I did that

11. xtomass

xtomass Orbital Explorer

Thanks. Keep up the good mod work :D

12. Digital_Fear

Digital_Fear Poptop Tamer

13. NomadTenra

NomadTenra Void-Bound Voyager

Sweet mod Alsehr.

Alsehr likes this.
  14. Laelys

Laelys Space Penguin Leader

How do you install it?

15. Alsehr

To install the mod, you simply unzip the files and copy them into your starbound/assets/ships/<The race you want> folder, replacing the files that are there. (Helps to make a backup of those first, incase you want to remove it.) Then you make a new character, and it should work.

16. TheDerpyMudkip

TheDerpyMudkip Orbital Explorer

It seems the download isn't available?

17. Laelys

Laelys Space Penguin Leader

Yes, figured it out, but would be helpful to update your information and include an installation guide as a default.

18. TheDerpyMudkip

TheDerpyMudkip Orbital Explorer

Nevermind I rightclicked the download now and opened it in a new tab and it worked

19. Arkydos

Arkydos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Freakin' awsome! definetly going to download and install this^^ One Question though: Would this work in Multiplayer? I guess the other person would atleast have to have this mod installed too and then in Lan? ^^

20. Ebon_Wolf

Ebon_Wolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love the look of the ship man reminds me of something stealthy and deadly

Alsehr likes this.