Gameplay [The Kingdoms]- Mebsuta Tide

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by The Squid, Oct 30, 2016.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Part of The Kingdoms storyline, which can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-builders-welcomed.122828/page-4#post-3054017

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 5.29.54 PM.jpg

Day 1:

Alrighty then. This is Vinyl Oxide here, and… uh… well, the shit’s really hit the fan this time. After Earth was knocked out, it was only a few years ‘fore somethin happened to Mars. At th’ time I was on my break, which is lucky, cus eryone down in th’ mines was killed, mos’ likely. Anyway, I managed to get out on an ol’ minin vessel, but thas pretty busted up as well. [​IMG]

Plus, all the minin equipment an such is fused to th’ ship, meanin I cain’t take none of it down to th’ planet.

I also been checkin’ around on th’ planet, an my prospects there ain’t too shabby. There seems t’ be some fertile grounds, an the water seems drinkable. Only prollem is the monsters, but I can handle myself pretty damn well, if I do say so myself.

I beamed down on top o’ this here hill, an stayed a while jus to watch the sunrise.

[​IMG]

It was right nice an all, but then I got t’ work. If I’m finna get off this ol’ planet, I’m gonna need some way of communicatin’ with others, since my ship’s communications are right busted up. Anyway, I’m sleepin on my ship tonight, an in the mornin I’m comin down and gettin’ t’ work.

Day 2:

Well, I was lookin around on the ol’ planet, and I found two things: on the right side of th’ hill, I found an abandoned shack, and on th’ left, a nice ol’ well. Only prollem is that they’re too far apart, an that hill is a damn steep climb. So I been focusin on the house for now, and I got myself a temporary place a residence to sleep in. [​IMG]

It sho’ ain’t the nicest, but it’ll do.

Day 3:

Well, I been thinkin’ and I’m finna dig a tunnel through th’ ol’ hill so that I can have easy-access to th’ well on the other side. I already built a ladder on th’ right side so that I can git up an down, however it would be right easier if I cudjus walk. [​IMG]

Day 4:

Well, I finally finished th’ tunnel, an it’s not too bad, if I do say so m’self. [​IMG]

Took me all day, but I’m proud a the work I done, and to celebrate I had myself a nice tall glass a water.

Day 5:

Since it’s been a whole week, I thought it was about damn time I built myself a nicer shack than th’ one I been livin in this whole time. So I spent the day fixin it up and buildin’ s’more supplies so that I ken survive out here. [​IMG]

Course, it took me a while to find th’ seeds I was plantin, but after a right while I found em. Also found some ol’ Martian whiskey in th’ ship’s locker, so I got m’self some o’ that to celebrate five days on this ol’ planet.

Day 6 (I):

Well, I been explorin an such, an I came across- you ain’t gonna believe this one- a mine. Jus a small planetary operation, but still a large ol’ camp.[​IMG]

I jus walked right on in, and there was not a single person there t’ stop me. Right now I’m walkin around, an I can’t find too much, jus a coupla abandoned crates an such. Hey, hol on jus a minute- there’s a teleporter! Appears to be rigged, so that I can only travel to one place, but I’m not too concerned about that. There’s a note attached to it as well- it says, “S.O.S.” Well thas jus spooky. But hey, I’ve never been one to be easily scared a shit like this! I spose I’ll have to mosey on through that there teleporter an find out.[​IMG]

Day 6 (II):

Well, that sho turned out t’ be a mistake. This mine is enormous, an it’s abandoned too. ‘Cept for some creepy ol’ monsters. They look like zombies, if y’ ask me. I had t’ turn on the power jus so I could go further down.[​IMG] I also been lootin these here crates n lockers n such, an there’s provin t’ be some mighty useful supplies.

I also found some humans a ways back. They was held up in a bunkroom, shootin at the zombies. They tol me what was happenin, and that the zombies was jus Humans affected by some kinda mutated ion of the Erchius radiation. [​IMG]

Also, I dug out summa my ol’ mining gear, which’s quite useful so far. Specially when fighting zombies like this:[​IMG]

Anyway, I found a weird ol’ door, and I’m about ta go through it. Hey now- woah! Well I’ll be damned… I seemta have found some kinda… some kinda… beast... [​IMG]

I can bet you five fluffalos that this right here is causin all the zombies an such. I only got one thing t’ do, an that’s take it out. My gun seemsta be useless against this creature- same with my knife. There’s some switches lyin around, an- hey, they seem to be activatin a minin cannon on the floor over there! I remember those from my time on Mars… they was used to blast through large chunksa rocks an minerals. I spose this creature ain’t no different from a normal crystal, right? Might be worth a shot. I’m on my way to the last switch, an- *BOOM* well I’ll be damned! That did th’ trick! This here monster’s crackin… hey, it’s still alive… aight, I’m gon try the minin cannon one more time, an if that doesn’t work, I got no other choice but to beam on outta here. Alright, two switches down… three… damn, this crystal’s shootin some mighty powerful lasers… I’ll have to be- HEY now! That was too close. I’m approachin the fourth switch… here- we- go… *BOOM*

Yeeess! That damn rock is sho’ done now! An look, there was a live human inside! Hey there, pardner! What’s that? Supplies? Why, I thank you kindly, my friend. I will gladly take some supplies. And hey, wouldja look at this? I useta drive somethin like this back on Mars! [​IMG]

Only it was bigger, an this one here appears to be fully automated. Regardless, I’m takin some Erchius crystals with me. These things sho’ seem valuable. Well, looks like there’s a teleporter here. I’m goin home. It’s been a loooong day.

Day 8:

Well, before I left that ol’ mine, I came across a miner who said he was sick a minin Erchius an that if I needed his assistance, he’d be glad to help me. I tol’ him I could fix him a lil shack er somethin to live in at th’ farm, if that was aright with him. He said that sounded good, and thanked me. His name’s Devin. I used some o the materials I got from the mines to fix him up some nicer furnitures.

[​IMG]

Another thing that happened today was that I was explorin to th’ east, an I stumbled upon an old tower with a giant cage built into the top floor. After further investigatin, I discovered an Avian pirate trapped inside! I asked her what had happened, an she tol me that them “Frogg” fellas had boarded her ship and kidnapped her and several other crew members. The other crew members had tried to escape and were shot. She also tol me that the airship wreckage was on the other side of the planet. I freed her an tol her she could stay at my farm. Her name is Tlaloc or somethin’ like that.

[​IMG]

After further investigatin, I discovered an Avian pirate trapped inside! I asked her what had happened, an she tol me that them “Frogg” fellas had boarded her ship and kidnapped her and several other crew members. The other crew members had tried to escape and were shot. She also tol me that the airship wreckage was on the other side of the planet. I freed her an tol her she could stay at my farm. Her name is Tlaloc or somethin’ like that.

I dint know where to build th’ house, so I jus put it on top o my ol' house.

[​IMG]

But anyway, I’ve got quite a large farm now. Two people helpin out, a decent amount of ore, and a small supply of Martian whiskey. I’d say life’s pretty damn good at the moment.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------
    Kingdom Stats:
    Population = 3

Food = ( Crops 11 /3 )+( Recipies 2 /2 )+( Drinks 3 / 3 )-( Pop 3 )
    >> 2.6 = 3.6 + 1 + 1 - 3
    Health = ( Food groups 4 )+( Liquid sources 1 )+( Med -0.5 x Pop 3 )
    >> 3.5 = 4 + 1 + -1.5
    Housing = ( Rooms 3 / Pop 3)x( Beds 3 - Pop 3)
    >> 1 = 1 * 1
    Bed lvl = 3 bed (1)
    Morale = (Clothing 3 - Pop 3 )+( Recreation 0 - Pop 3 /10 )+( Sanitation -1 * Pop 3)
    >> -3.3 = 0 + -0.3 + -3
    Economics = ( Jobs 3 - Pop 3 )+( Landmarks 0 - Pop 3 /10) + Other 0
    >> -0.3 = 0 + -0.3 + 0

Kingdom rating 3.5 = 2.6+3.5+1+-3.3+-0.3

Tech Level = wood/stone, copper/iron, coal
    Fleet Level = 1 damaged transport

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    moremuffin, TheFloranChef and SivCorp like this.
  2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Did you want to share the coordinates of the system too? Or remain anonymous?

The Squid likes this.
  3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Very nice touch with the talking style. :up:

SivCorp and The Squid like this.
  4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Forgot to post those, I'll add them right now

SivCorp likes this.