Story The Heavens Grounds (Renewed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Victor's Triumph, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Victor's Triumph

Victor's Triumph Void-Bound Voyager

Chapter 1 - God's Wants.

As a Human Protector, I'm a distinguishing kind. Most Protectors are aliens that distance a range from Hylotl, Apex, and Novakids. Other species are uncommon, especially Humans. On Earth at least.

Human Protectors are all migrated in establishing peaceful negotiations either with new galactic civilizations or recent uncovered species. I was ordered to stay behind due to my title on one of the Units on Earth.

I lived in unit 100. There are hundreds of bases stationed on Earth, we just call them units. I was asleep inside my room, and was woken up from a few knocks on my dorm's door. The sky was still representing the night and the moon was the only shine apart from the stars.

Walking and opening the entrance, I saw Captain Hariko. He was the head of this Unit, whatever he commands here are ordered as so and diligent intimidation is what held his rank.

"Captain? It's 2 in the morning. Surely you could have picked a better time."

"By Dusk and Dawn you're always the same Archie. Blank but adolescence. Two sections of our power supply stations are under impossible and unknown blockades of motion. Only two more sections left that's working. Your the head of the administrations under our Power Supply. So i need you now.”

And I did, though not by order but by shock. Under my callings, no power station has ever not work.

I went out and locked my door, and followed Hariko.

We went to Power Station #1. The interior design was a elliptical tube, surrounding a particle collider, just as all the other stations.

There was an Apex researcher in there. His name was Henry, currently having invasive searches of the station's information, sliding past all documents and files on a computer that contain crucial knowledge of the station. He turned around, seemingly happy to see me.

"Sir Archie! I'm glad you're here, truly am. The station's having some problem. The particles in the collider are stationary, unmoved. I tried everything, raising the temperature, exciting it with our own radiation, I even checked the vacuum inside it, nothing but just two severely dangerous particles stationary."

Before I could say anything, Captain Hariko obtruded my speech with his.

"Isn't that good? Those dangerous particles are under no acceleration. Causing no detonation upon each other?"

"No. To put it simple Captain Hariko, we need them to be touched. Otherwise we won't get any energy. We receive energy by the bewildered emissions of radiation when those two particles collide at intensive speed and temperature. There's something wrong here."

The Apex nodded and continue

"Particles are usually easy to excite. We just don't know what exalted it's fundamental characteristics as that. What do you think?"

I went on towards a control panel, seeing the status of the whole situation. Temperature set on the needed scale, vacuum calculation per cm3 are all stable numbers of random particles. And as Henry said, he fired a few of the lab's own radiation, as stated on the control panel's monitor. These particles should be travelling faster than light by now. However, reality defined them as stationary.

"Henry. Isn't it weird that the monitor said it's moving, but it's not? Shouldn't our sensitive sensors be of high calibers and expensive?"

"Yes, that's why I'm confused too."

The room later on was quiet, disquiet actually. Henry and I was brainstorming while Hariko appears to be talking to someone on his phone.

"Archie.” Hariko swiftly called out.

"Yes?"

"It's not just our Unit facing power difficulty, every Unit on Earth is."

"What? That can't be, each power station is independent, not entwined together with a system."

"According to all other Unit commanders. They are all having the same problem."

"That's odd. What could the problem be now, Sir Archie?"

"Not sure Henry. Perhaps I should do more research on the problem first. Hariko you head back to your room, me and Henry will settle this."

The station began to rumble after my remarks. Like a light and soft earthquake, but with more circumspect.

"Something is coming." Hariko startled.

Later on, a tentacle puncture the middle section of the lab, the part where the collider is. The concrete debris misted the tentacle, but it was conspicuously big, and seems to be struggling, it trails the glassy cage that held the collider in before, and left slimy fluid around it's path. Trying to find an exit.

"WHAT IS THAT."

Hariko shouted, pointing at that monstrosity.

"SIR ARCHIE, WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW."

Henry exclaimed, while directing his finger outside of the station's window. There were tentacles everywhere outside, the streetlamps, the pavements and trees are all enveloped in the havoc of its grasp.

Hariko, Henry and I paced outside of the door, Henry almost fell but I caught him and kept on moving. We were running in a straight hallway, as we pass by doors that are built onto the side of the walls, just right after we pass beside each doors, a tentacle would burst through it, challenging us our lives.

The trio I was in made a mad dash, we we're full of fear. None of us even care questioning the logic of the situation, we just kept running. The door ahead of us was a security door. It needed a special key card to access through it. I browsed my pockets and pants, desperately trying to find them. As I shake my hands around my pockets, I mistakenly wavered my pockets content out by the excessive shaking, the key card fell on to the floor, I stomped my feet, stopping myself from running and tried receiving the card back. But Henry pulled me back, as another tentacle burst through the walls, and sticking the key card onto it sticky tentacles.

Then i swung my head around, seeing the security door was already opened, through Hariko's own access card. Hariko gestured us to the door quickly. I could see his movements alive, his afterimages of his motioning arm and eyes. Because before I know it, Hariko was pulled away by a tentacle pulled him out of the station. His scream was silent, because even he was too incertitude to react. He just stared blankly at both me and Henry, and was pulled away.

"NOOO!" Henry yelled off, extending his arm as if he could catch Harito.

"We must keep going Henry." I said lowly, knowing that there's nothing we could do.

"BUT SIR ARCHIE, HARITO WAS JUST TAKEN."

"I KNOW HENRY, BUT RIGHT NOW WE NEED TO JUST RUN."

Henry rephrased himself. And began running while pulling me. We then finally reached outside through the entrance of the station. As we tried to recite ourselves. We began hearing microphones yelling.

"ALL PROTECTORS NOT IN BATTLE PREPARATIONS EVACUATE."

"ALL PROTECTORS NOT IN BATTLE PREPARATIONS EVACUATE ."

Me and Henry looked around, the tentacles were everywhere. The living quarters were tore down, there's bodies lying around. Fire arose on trees, and gun fires everywhere. Triggers were pulled and shouts were shouted. I stood there not admiring, but horrified. How? What? Why? Who and what is all this?

Henry shook my body, quivering my unfocused self. He then start calling my name, or had been, it might just been my ears ignoring his voice.

"Let's head to a ship now, Sir Archie."

I was just oblivious. I'm lost in my own thoughts. At this point the only way my body can move is not because I tell it to, but because I was commanded to. I couldn't think for I was burdening too much thoughts.

I headed into a broken, small old Glitch ship nearby, Henry closed me in. Inside it began cryogenically frozen. Henry was talking, but my ears were already frozen in ice. And soon my eyes saw darkness. Is this perhaps what God wanted? Perhaps I said.

Chapter 2 - An Oceanic Meeting.

Alien palm trees and quaint sea shells littered the sandy shores while the calming waves of the ocean rushing to the surface of the island over and over again. I looked up, seeing a cover of serene, blue skies. With no clouds to cover it's brilliance. I walked out of my ship and began searching the area with my eyes. My muscles couldn't react well, the blood frozen has only began to regain momentum by the heat of the sun. I walk staggeringly, almost falling down a couple of times, and falling down most of the time.

Henry must had set a random coordinate for the ship to leave to. I wonder if he’s alright, and abit angry about how that bastard could have went in with me.

I blocked myself from all thoughts about Henry and began trying to adapt a clear knowledge on the environment i'm in.

My ears then caught sounds, voices. Squeaking voices. And the noise of meat tearing off forcefully. It came behind the ship. I shifted to the source, retrieving most of my walking abilities. I crouched at the side of the ship, and peeked.

It was a dead, bird-like monster being devoured by multiple squids, the size of a head. They were like maggots on a bird’s corpse, leaving anyone disgusted. The action of ribs being tore out crackled, reeking blood and coerce, and flying a strengthened odor of death that played my nose. Retreating back silently and slowly, I headed back into the ship. Searching it for any supplies inside the two emergency cabinets it had. There were 2 Medkits, 2 Ropes, 12 cans of food and water and a rusted pistol, with 40 ammunition locked in, oxidized and aged due to its long years stationed inside the ship. Continuing by scrambling the floor for any other useful aid that may have dropped during the ship’s forceful entry to the planet’s atmosphere.

There was a small capsule with nameless pills in it, a piece of paper with a pen, and a military grade rucksack.

I place everything inside it and began thinking my next move. However, despite my wary efforts, the doorway to the ship was left open carelessly, and the squids must have heard me walking back. Under seconds, tentacles grasped and dented the frame of the entrance, the problem arises small, then larger and soon, overwhelming the only exit. I took out the rusty pistol, and began shooting in quizzing fear of either scaring from death or a painful death. The shots trivialized uninjured pierce, ricocheting off the tentacles entrancing protective shells. Making the tentacles emphatically maintain unharmed and moving.

Oblivious of that matter, I continued shooting. One tentacle, slithered and grasp my left leg without me noticing, and began sucking my skin, muscles and blood out from my calf. I kneeled in pain, and took out the pen and began stabbing furiously at the tentacle while screaming, until it was asundered. The tentacle fell and flop around like a fish, with purple fluid bleeding out.

I crawled far away to the captain’s seat, leaving a trace of blood. Observing the captain seat’s computer panel, seeing if i can somehow close the door.

Suddenly, gunshots were fired outside. Sounds of the squids dying came outside and the entrance was free from the squid. Riddled, I quickly bandaged myself and head outside with my pistol. The sand outside the entrance was soaked in the purple blood, and flesh of freshly lifeless squid. I began to kneeled down slowly, inspecting the squid further. It had a shell perfect for drilling sand, and 8 eyes in total at its face. Each squid shared the same wound, a shot through the head.

Standing up, guarding myself for a much greater danger. Catching any sights that showed interest. My finger were circumspect about everything, trembling at the trigger.

“Who’s out there?”
    No reply. Just the sound of ocean waves rushing back to land.

With certainty, or at least knowing there’s a chance i’m alone, I walk, carrying my left leg to my rucksack and left the ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night has already come. I settled close outside the tropical forest, the fire was keeping me warm from the cold vapour of nightfall. Sitting on the sand near the fire, I took out a can of food and by using a leaf as a spoon, began eating it. The content might had been meat or just some slime, it tasted peculiar but still was tasty and edible. After finishing i toss the empty can back into my rucksack, thinking i could use its tin later on.

I opened up my bandage and checked my wound. It ruled most of my leg, tearing the bandage that stuck onto my broken tissue off was painful. And after a grueling moment, I was horrified, seeing a mustard colour product coated my whole wound. Dried blood helped coated the yellow substance, like a board being hammered onto a wall with dried blood as nails.

Bubbles then began to form out of the yellow substance. One rose up excessively higher than others. And inflated itself more, causing it to burst.

The sudden pain of the pop was unbearable. A few string like, red in blood structures came out of the bubble, with some yellow fluid that splashed my face. I gripped the sand for support and shriek in distress. Then after looking back, more bubbles began to form. I was prepared, about 2 more was about to detonate. I closed my eyes and braced. Immediately, a thick cushion, made by folding a big leaf into half multiple times was thrown onto my wound from the left, causing a loud splat sound, making me scream more as the leaf mounted pain on my wound.

Once i regain my focus from the torment, I looked around. With only me around. The leaves over the near forest were calm and was only rustled by the ocean breeze and not by movements. I looked to my leg, seeing the bubbles has stopped rising, i quickly realized all I needed was to bandage the wound to prevent it from foaming and inflating more bubbles.

I then stood up, hidden my pistol and asked.

“Who’s….who’s there?”

Instantly, I heard sand digging behind me, I quickly swung around, hands near my hidden pistol that’s concealed by my clothing and pants. And seeing it was just another creature digging into the sand.

I relieved a breath from all those unneeded stress. Lying down and closing my eyes while trying to control my shaking hands. A causation from pain and panic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the cold touch of water woke me up, the waves of the ocean reached my fingers. I groaned awake, stretching my arms while yawning. The fire has stopped burning for some time, and the sand around me were shaped in patterns through the effect of my body turning around frequently when sleeping.

The morning was bright, and the sea breezes were heated winds. There was no contest between cold and hot.

I stood up and checked my rucksack, seeing that I have 11 cans of food left with everything else the same. I then unloaded the clip from my pistol, observing the ammunition, with only 20 left. Once done, I sat back down onto the terrain and thought of a plan.

How do I get back to Earth?

I whispered silently.

Chapter 3

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017