The hate behind items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AureusWolf, May 17, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But anything that gives back energy removes exhaustion.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

No, they restore energy. If you get to zero energy and do one more swing with a tool, you enter the exhausted state. You can then only crawl instead of walking. That is the situation in which the remedy helps.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I think the original point is, why does an Energy Tonic restore 500 energy (and over 200 health) at a price of 1000g, but Muscle Remedy only restores 50 energy (and 22 health)... also for 1000g? Why does the clinic charge the same price for something that's about 10% as useful? Shouldn't the E-Tonic cost 1000g but the Muscle Remedy only 100g?

Charity322 likes this.
        • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

That is true, but once you get your energy out of the negatives you can walk again, so shouldn't that feature be removed?

• Jerev

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Energy
            From the article:
            "Sleeping at the end of the day will fully restore the player's energy bar. If the player passes out or is exhausted when they go to bed, they'll wake up in the morning with less than 100% energy (roughly 50% - 75% energy)."

Even if you restore energy you still don't get the full restoration through sleep when you are exhausted. The remedy has a purpose.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
              Magistrella likes this.
            • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I always get that recipe super early on, before my farmers have even heard of void mayonnaise, so I headcanon that they ask him some serious questions next time they see him. (Starting with "WTF is void mayonnaise?")

I definitely don't understand the universal dislike/hatred of minerals and artifacts, though. Petrified slime... yeah, that I get. The others? Not so much.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
              • Charity322

I don't get it. When you use any food to gain energy you remove exhaustion, so you wouldn't be exhausted when you go to bed.

Lilliput likes this.
                • Jerev

As far as I remember you can eat something while exhausted and regain your movement speed. But even if you do that the little exhausted symbol near the energy bar stays. Still I haven't played since 1.2 so maybe it is different now or I'm just wrong.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
                  • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

It's the same

And for the people not getting it:

Exhaustion does NOT mean having 0 energy.

It means getting a buff WHEN reaching 0 energy that will not vanish even if you refill your energy. That buff will prevent you from having 100% of your energy after sleeping but instead return you only 50 or 75%. Drinking a muscle remedy removes that. This way you can start the next day fully energized and not loose too much energy when you should need it.

Hope that cleared it up ^.~

• PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ironically, it would probably be more cost effective to eat the lowered energy and then buy the 500 energy tonic, and just save it for when you run out of energy the next day.

• Charity322

Ah, ok. I had no idea there was an exhaustion buff. I've never noticed it. I would probably still do exactly what the poster above me said though.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Technically, it's a debuff (or negative status effect, whichever term you prefer) but I also have never noticed it.