1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Great Collection of Starbound Songs and how to put 'em in.

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Midnight_Blitz, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

First off, above requests can't be completed at the moment, but will be considered.

Second, Kirby should be back tomorrow. I'm going to start nagging at him to help me plow through these. But I'm in the middle of battling my computer with a nasty virus, so I refuse to upload any further content from my end until that gets fixed. (I actually did get a few songs done, and fixed one, but now I can't do anything with them.)

Third of all, I agree it's a great one. It's one of my test instruments along with bones, koto, sax, etc.

Finally, as today is that day, hope everyone's having a merryhappyhannukwanzistmaday.

2. SeedyAztec

SeedyAztec Void-Bound Voyager

Dark souls music? Gwyns theme??? or Fallout 3 menu theme

3. Whoaness

Whoaness Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do you use that LOTR thing? I tried converting this song myself, but it didn't work out. The intro guitar sounds totally off even if I take off every other instrument.

4. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

lotro converter limits itself to a range of 3 octaves and wraps all notes around that.

5. Midnight_Blitz

This is why I switched my converter and every program I will be using entirely. I am still getting used to it, but it's better.

Updates as to why I haven't updated this:
    My computer screen mysteriously broke one night. I'm using my previous computer right now. Because I really can't see a thing when I look around on my last one, I can't upload what I have right now. It should be fixed within the week.

6. KazutoKirigaya

KazutoKirigaya Void-Bound Voyager

What's the best instrument to play the doctor who theme on?

7. Whoaness

Which converter is better?

8. AngryMonkies

AngryMonkies Space Hobo

Some Nights by Fun.

9. Midnight_Blitz

At the moment? I can't even say. This version's so bad it's near the top of the list of songs being remade.
    Requests are closed, however, come the big release of the 'final' character wipe, I'll be updating again. As Starbound has also updated the .abc compatibility and tempos, I will be updating to suit. Until then, pretty much all of these are unconfirmed to work properly due to the update.

10. Azie

Azie Orbital Explorer

How the heck do you even install ABC files now? All the files are packed up and putting the songs in my songs folder no longer adds them to my game like it used to... I've unpacked, added a songs folder with my songs, and repacked the packed.pak, but no matter what I try to edit, I'm always met with a crash on start-up. If someone figures out how to add songs, could they share?

11. Whoaness

Are you putting it in the new folder under 'users'? They moved to /assets/users/songs/.

12. Azie

Azie Orbital Explorer

Thanks so much! I was using the old songs location. :)

13. Nooneofinterest

Nooneofinterest Aquatic Astronaut

i'd LOVE to hear the kirby song of Checker Knights.... it's just SO GOOD.

14. fraggingfox

fraggingfox Void-Bound Voyager

I Can think of something it would be nice to see on this, Eric Johnson, cliffs of dover : such as this

15. Spike Rose

Spike Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Metal Gear Rising's got some pretty catchy stand-out tunes to it. If I knew the first thing about making these song mods I'd try to pitch in.

16. dalolman

dalolman Void-Bound Voyager

There is no songs folder in the assets folder
    EDIT: Found it in the player folder

17. Midnight_Blitz

Whoops, forgot to edit first post to show that. I really don't get why the change...

Now, to the music, due to the ABC update, my top priority has been shifted to modifying the current list to sound better on the new standard. Until then, new songs won't come in, only past ones will be updated.

18. SolskaTCR

SolskaTCR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doctor Who theme. DO IT PLEASE!

19. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

Update: I have now gotten a much better CPU set-up and, with a new program that has been created for the sole purpose of the creation of Starbound ABCs, I will be getting back into making them. However, as I'm sure you've all no doubt heard, there was a change to how .abc files are played in Starbound in the most recent update. As such, we are going through the process of remaking (and as a result, fixing) every song we had made prior to now, with a request or two possibly thrown in here or there if we're in the mood. We ask that requests still be kept to a minimum for now, but as soon as we have everything re-sorted and cleaned up, we will most likely re-open requests, so stay tuned!

Speaking of re-sorting, I have modified the Google Drive page today. While we will be remaking and improving all songs previously made regardless, we have not removed them from our line-ups at all. We will be removing them one-by-one as they are remade and added to the main listing, but any of our previous works are still available in the "Old Songs" folder. As for how things will be grouped now, all video game and TV show music will have a tag in the front indicating the parent series, while any based on actual songs will instead have the artist's name in front. This will allow us to easily group multiple songs together without having to use folders for each genera. (this will be changed if/when Starbound can detect abcs within folders in the songs assets folder) However, multi-part songs, such as duets and the like, will have all parts placed in a folder to keep them together, while at the same time keeping them all from showing up to save space. Should you want to perform a multi-part song with friends on a server, it is recommended you each decide ahead of time which part you are going to play before pulling it out of the folder and into your songs folder.

Anyways, today for me was all about learning the ins ad outs of StarboundComposer, the program we are now using to compose our abc files. I have learned quite a lot, and through doing such, have put forward the first couple remakes, as well as a request that caught my eye and a song that I had spotted and immediately felt like making. The additions are as follows:
    • MLP - Children of the Night (duet)
    • MLP - Children of the Night (solo)*
    • Kirby - Gourmet Race
    • Kirby - Checker Knights**
    • LoZ - Windfall Island
    * this was probably the most progress I made today in learning this program, as it allowed me to edit and merge the individual tracks in real-time. This success gives me high hopes for the future.
    ** the second best thing about StarboundComposer, even when notes are on completely different octaves from one-another, so long as the entire thing is the same tempo, (which so far everything has been) it will allow you to merge and export with no dropped notes or errors.

The original Doctor Who theme was made in the original song listing. It will most likely be redone, but for now the old version can be found in the "Old Songs" folder.

20. Meyrime

Meyrime Aquatic Astronaut

Isn't there any good website for finding abc music? I didn't find any that was good looking or well organized. i'm saying that because I wouldn't like to ask for a huge number of musics that could have been done already.