1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm. Do i need to know something or should i just dump sprites there?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Not sure what you mean, but if you have some sprites, feel free to start a Conversaion with me!

3. Mackinz

Because Mediafire is acting like complete crap, lately, I moved the download to Google Drive. Let me know if there are any issues.

4. Mackinz

While laz is off being awesome, I'm sitting here contemplating how I want to proceed with this mod. I gotta ask: does anyone have any feedback? At all? I don't mean to sound whiny, but there hasn't been much activity in this thread since I released those updates last week. I have received no feedback on the new starter weapons and the crop... just nothing. I like to hear feedback, even if it's something you might not consider important!

5. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Aquatic Astronaut

first of all, i love your starting mog o/ (well, at first i was "meh" due to the integration of something already existing, but well, the sprites are great, and i'dd love to see a more peacefull vegetal race)

so yeah, for habitation i think a "beautifull pure nature thingy" would be great (unlike savage/toxical/maneating nature thingy of the florans) with maybe something who link with their psyonic habilities, like some crystal stuff?

about weapon, for the arms blades, i find them too high, blades on the forearm would be more practical i think

Mackinz likes this.
  6. Mackinz

As per your suggestion, I decided to open up Starbound today and do some quick tests of a change in position for the arm blade, but found out that Starbound had updated how materials are handled, so I decided to make another small update for compatibility.

Please let me know if the blades are more to your liking, @Engezerstorung !

Download.

7. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Aquatic Astronaut

yeah it look better i think, but during attack animation it look attached to upper arm again, the gallame blade is more supposed to line up with the forearm
    oh yeah, and maybe the arms need more frames for the "slash" animation (instead of being the same arm moving like a barbie one), after looking at my others characters, the arms seams slightly animated during slash

8. Mackinz

I'll look into the possibility of adding unique armblade arm animations, but no guarantees just yet.

9. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Laz is amazing.

Also, I've not stopped working on the mod. I've just had some stuff to do IRL. I've got plans to add a lot of furniture soon, as well as the first set of starter clothing and some more sprite changes.

I did find some time to do some more architecture style, though. Feedback is appreciated!

Upon entering this particular village, you'll walk through a nice park-like area complete with central fountain area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After walking through the park, you'll end up on the western section of the village. In-game, this will be randomized, but I'm thinking that this area would be home to merchant booths who would sell wooden blocks and wicker furniture. Parts of the villages will be above healing water, as pictured, but others will be above land. Generally, the buildings will be small, three stories at max, because the construction materials are not super sturdy and load-bearing. In some buildings, you will find recessed areas supported by fencing and logs that serve as storage for the Gallavoir.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After passing through the merchant area, you will end up in the crop fields. Rice paddies, Oran orchards, and Wheat fields are currently shown, but other crops may be added later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that is all I have for now, because I've been too lazy to continue terraforming. I've tried to spice up the generation by not making everything flat, and trying for interesting spacing, but I'm sure it still needs work. I'm looking forward to any feedback that anyone might have!

11. t.ferabend

t.ferabend Void-Bound Voyager

this looks neat. i like the style. keep this nature loving theme
    could they any sort of technology integrated even slightly to differ then from the florans a bit more. just an idea

Mackinz likes this.
  12. Mackinz

Technology is in the works, but I am currently focusing on spriting custom furniture sets for these proof-of-concept houses. There will be unique things, like floating crystalline objects, but furniture first!

t.ferabend likes this.
  13. SixtySomething

SixtySomething Void-Bound Voyager

I do like the amount of original concepts you're putting into this mod. It's more interesting than just putting regular Gardevoir/Gallades into starbound with some designs from the Pokemon games as inspiration for ships, blocks, weapons, etc.

Now, I may have mentioned this before, but I have been having an idea for my own Gardevoir mod (no Gallade included). It wouldn't be like your's, it would have a lot of things inspired by the Pokemon games. And I haven't really made much in the way of sprites so far. (Pics of those from an editing program below)
    But I'm not sure if I should try to go my own way and make my mod or put that aside and try to help you with your's. I mean, we have different ideas, but you've certainly got a lot more planned out and created than I do. Plus, I have no experience with modding this game, so there's that.
    I'm asking your advice here since you've got more experience with modding than I do. :)

Pics:

14. Mackinz

The sprites look good, but I just don't like the idea of making a race mod if the sole purpose of the race is to say "I can play as X in Starbound!". It's why I'm trying to encourage Ochiru of the Lopunny/Lucario mods to spend a bit more time with his mods, to develop them and creature a culture and backstory that isn't simply "You are here, and you are awesome."

If you want to, you could join me and Laz in working on the mod. I need hairstyle ideas, and clothing sprites, and I am actually not opposed to items derived from the games, just ones that aren't implemented correctly, if you get my drift.

Though, I will never give my permission to a breasted version of a Gallavoir. Not even when I'm dead.

15. SixtySomething

Haha, yeah. I wasn't real sure if I should have Gardevoir with breasts or not. I guess breastless is closer to the original design.

But I guess I'd like helping you out on this. That is, if you'd have me. I've had minor experience in making sprites based on ones from Pokemon games, so I've got some experience.
    And I do have some interesting ideas, like having armors based on other Pokemon. Like Aron/Lairon/Aggron sets. I've also played with the idea of Mega Evolutions being represented in an end game armor set.
    Heck, the most I have right now is ideas.

16. Mackinz

Welcome to the club. We have... um... well, the T-shirts are in the planning phase too. Hmm...

Ah, we do have a conversation going on. Let me check with Laz.

17. SixtySomething

Well, I just tried to make 999 hydroponics blocks and it crashed my game.
    I guess I shouldn't have done that. :confused:

There wasn't an error handler that popped up, even.

t.ferabend likes this.
  18. Mackinz

There should be an error in the log, though.

19. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my god please tell me this is still being worked on! I would be so stoked for this!

Mackinz likes this.
  20. Mackinz

Honestly, I feel like a third wheel since laz and Sixty have been contributing so much while I've been on school schedule, but the answer to your question should be a resounding "Yes". :V