1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Base? Well, you can base them off of the sprites, but I don't mean you can just take the original sprite and put it in the game. I have a few examples. Let me go grab one.

Edit: Passho Berry Tree by SixtySomething:

[​IMG]

Seven phases: Initial planting, growth 1, growth 2, final growth, budding, flowering, and berries.

Based off the DPPt sprites, but original in its own right. Hope that explains it a bit better~

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

So this is probably a dumb question but because I am pokephilia trash, will there be an EBS/EEBS compatible version in the next update?

3. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

Main goal: Make them all Mudkips. >~<

4. Mackinz

Not in a million years. You can make one, but the Gallavoir specifically have no sexual dimorphism like humans do and I refuse to give into "Pokephilia".

In fact, if you make one, I request that you do not distribute it. I will be setting the Permissions of the Gallavoir mod specifically such that anyone making a derivative mod which defiles their body shape cannot release it.

NO, BAD. STAY AWAY FROM MY LOVELY GALLAVOIR. D:<

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Never likes this.
  5. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

But...but.. The Mudkips need love.:cry:

6. Mackinz

Unless you give me a pet sprite for Mudkips, the temporary Gallavoir pet will be a Torchic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  7. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

daww, it's a mini-Mackinz!

t.ferabend, laz2727 and Mackinz like this.
  8. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

But if you'll make it, give me a link.

9. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of large-sized spriting projects for now, life is getting really busy now that my family is getting more active for summer. I can still do icons and smaller sprites, But you'll have to find someone else to do the big trees.

Sorry, I hope you'll understand.

In other news, I think a Rawst berry plant would be cool--They are based off of strawberries after all. Mind if I work on that instead? Strawberries are much easier for me to sprite on my own time than trees.

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Aw...Darn. Okay. Well, thanks for trying Never. I hope you will try again later~

11. lucario515

Another question, this time more appropriate--

I've been curious as to what kind of outfit designs you've had for this race. Can we get a sneak peek at that, or hinted at what kind of stuff you've had in mind?

12. Mackinz

Spriting outfits is hard, but here's a shirt.

[​IMG]

Colors aren't customized yet.

t.ferabend, lucario515 and Never like this.
  13. lucario515

You know, given that I do have the time and enough focus for it I bet I can help with sprite colouring if anyone else is too busy. Just email me the files and I can give it a whirl. I just can't do coding, unfortunately. I don't have the programs for it.

14. carriontrooper

color customization in SB is not as easy as you think - you need to actually write them up in the item file. It's like palette swapping in text version. You need to get the hex codes for the colors you want to change, then put them in pairs - do this for all the pixel colors you want to change. And that's just one color option.
    But then again you can edit the file using notepad or wordpad, so it's good.

15. Mackinz

I just need color schemes, really. Changing the color choices isn't difficult with Paint.NET for hex codes and Notepad++, but deciding on he color schemes in the first place is a tad annoying. Not as annoying as spriting though.

16. carriontrooper

Ahhh, gotcha. Okay, there's already the default blue, so you can try making the red and green variants. Then, if you want to color the white area, you can have it be default white, black, cream, pink. The combination of the two already makes for 12 schemes.

A little bit off-hand: I wonder if one can make clothing that changes logos, using color palette shenanigans. So for example in the .png you have a grid of 5x5 pixels for the logo, color them slightly different from each other, then use the color swatch thingy to make certain pixels certain colors.
    Sheeit, I might just try making one of them.

17. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

Selecting Hydroponic Tech after i craft it crashes the game, giving me a "no such material ID" error (current Unstable), and furthermore continues to crash every time I try to load (as the material is still selected)

a what compatible version?

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  18. Mackinz

Yeah, that's an error on my part. Sorry. :/

I fixed it in the update I'm working on, but you'll have to ignore that Hydroponics block for now - apologies.

19. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

tumbleweed.gif

20. Mackinz

Dat Anime Expo, doh.