1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I'll be patiently waiting for the original, non-recolor version. :)

Never likes this.
  2. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Just figured you may want something to put in the mod in the meantime. I like to have my bases covered.

Mackinz likes this.
  3. Mackinz

Okay, so now I'm beginning to create an essential ore for the Gallavoir and their recipes and constructs. Problem is, I have no idea what to call it. In the past, I referred to it as "Psi-Crystals" and right now I call it "Psychium" but that sounds like a lame cop-out of a name. Basically, it's a crystalline mineral found most often under the surface of radioactive planets, full of raw "psychic" energy that has become a cornerstone of Gallavoir technology after they stole it from the Apex. If anyone has an idea for a name, please let me know... I'll be contemplating.

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Psionium!

5. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

Heh, I was gonna say go for Psiconium or Psyconium.

Kayuko likes this.
  6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Damn, I like yours better actually, lol.
    Psyconium more tho, since Psiconium looks quite strange.

7. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah Psyconium looks better than Psiconium. Or Psychonium, add the H in there for obvious reasons.

Kayuko likes this.
  8. Mackinz

So I got a few more suggestions from the modding IRC. Here are a few of the better ones:
    • Espium
    • Epsum
    • Psychalium
    • Seerium
    • Oracalium
    • Divinium
    • Empathium/Empathite
    • Neuronium
    Empathium/Empathite is pretty cool, but Divinium has a nice ring to it doncha think?

9. JellyBlade

JellyBlade Phantasmal Quasar

I feel a bit biased by saying that I like Divinium/Espium, as I suggested them, but Empathium seems like a good choice, as does Psychalium :3

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Small thing to note: "Coldprotection" is no longer a status effect, so any item that uses that as an effect won't load for use ingame.
    ALso, the Protection stat has been redone, from what I can tell, and no longer takes a Level, simply an Amount.

11. Mackinz

Um... okay? Thanks for the info Fevix, but I don't think any of the items I have added in the Gallavoir use "Coldprotection". Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Is this about clothing? Because the version of the Gallavoir that I've got has neither of those stats in the clothes...

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The version I downloaded, not sure if it's the most recent, has both of those stats in the gdress set.

13. Mackinz

The gdress is unobtainable at the moment, and pretty much forgotten. I'll update it sometime but it's not important.

14. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

I like the names!...
    Very much!... was that the response you wanted? xD

I actually dig Psychalium

15. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Like i trold him on the Steam, i prefer Espium, Epsum, Empathite and Neuronium, and add Eidium.

Mackinz likes this.
  16. Mackinz

"Like i trold him on the Steam"

I see what you did there.

laz2727 and Kayuko like this.
  17. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

What? It's a pretty good description.

Mackinz likes this.
  18. Never

OK, had a lot of things happen over the past few days, going to start working on the berry trees now.

What type of trees do you want the sprites to be based of of, by the way? Like, real life tree species, not starbound pearlpeas, coffee, etc... I need to get a feel for the branch structure before I start making it. I could always go off of the trees the berries are based off of, but I figured I'd ask you first.

Mackinz likes this.
  19. Mackinz

Well, essentially a blown up version of the tree sprites from DPPt. Just one thing, though - it has to follow the seven stages I've outlined in the Oran Tree. Shouldn't be too hard.

20. Never

So am I allowed to use the sprites as a base?