The future of Starbound

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Moegitto

Moegitto Aquatic Astronaut

Man, glad I went Beta. Can't wait for the full release and the future, also glad about the patch since this means they are getting closer to closing all the large holes and making the game more stable is always a good thing.

2. KnightKick

KnightKick Space Hobo

The teleportation through Stargates to other servers sounds amazing!

3. biadesman

biadesman Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait to see which of these listed updates will be implemented in the upcoming update!

4. Captainduck

Captainduck Intergalactic Tourist

yay! more changes! the game rocks already! I cant even imagine the final game! :rainbow:

5. Oposum

Oposum Aquatic Astronaut

Stargates are one of the most important features i see here. I just dreaming starting a server, where every player has 1. his own planet and 2. go and meet people at some capitol city (server build city). This could turn into an interesting MMO :)

6. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Can't wait for the engine optimization.

7. mimylja

mimylja Void-Bound Voyager

NPC's getting angry when you steal from them? awwww :( now i could just raid their fridge and they wouldnt mind

8. ItalKid

ItalKid Space Spelunker

I'd love the game to end with a final boss. I had an idea that this final boss would be different for every race but the only one I thought of would be Human. You would go back in time and be back on Earth, just as the tentacle monster was about to attack. So you would have to kill it and save Earth.

9. Sakata-MC

Sakata-MC Void-Bound Voyager

Here is the kicker though. I don't like having 80 different things in my inventory. Also, The upgrades to the matter manipulator might just be to turn it into a high powered laser. Who knows. For these races to achieve intergalactical space flight, I'd say they know a bit more about physics and such. As for the high power bit -- the current-day experiments attempting to manipulate gravity take many many orders of magnitude more power than the typical laser that has enough output to melt rock.

10. kinzuko

kinzuko Zero Gravity Genie

i second this

11. ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

heh. heh. "bad English". You're doing fine. much better than lots of native speakers.

12. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea of fighting the tentacle monster, but don't make it time travel. Maybe you can just summon the monster to your base with an endgame item, and then you will have to kill it at your home base. That way, the player determines the engagement conditions, but if they lose, their planet is destroyed. Structures will decay and the biome will change to Tentacle.

Kergami likes this.
  13. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and my hype grows maaan i cant wait for nova kids and spawn teleport relocation :D

14. Caesar01

Caesar01 Big Damn Hero

For the story of the humans, I suggest to have that as one of the last humans, you have to retake earth and then rebuild it

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

earth hasn't been 'taken over' though, according to lore.
    it was literally,
    completely obliterated - if i remember correctly.

although i could be
    wrong. and, if i'm right, there's always time to change the lore xD
    suggestions, though, should be placed here instead:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?forums/suggestions/

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

4b.png 5.png
    I'd say.

(I eat your color codes! I eat them up!)

17. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

my colors! nooo! D:
    @.@
    where'd you get those images from?
    also, they came from
    BELOW? xD i always thought it was like a giant tentacle monster that came from space and gobbled everything up lol

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The game assets, duh.

19. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Ever played Chrono Trigger? It's a similar story.

It came from space. But lurked in the planet's core, growing, until it reared it's huge tentacles to wreck our collective scheiße.

Plus, we... definitely aren't the last of humankind.

Edit: "we" as in whoever chooses to play as one.

Edit3: Hell, here's the video

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014