1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

"The Frontier" - Newcomer friendly casual RP server. [24/7]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by TheWalrusNet, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Then you will probably find me working on the bar :D i'm Mrs Bartender but i will not teach you the ropes to RP

2. TheRedEnigma

TheRedEnigma Void-Bound Voyager

This server would be on a Stable branch. Do expect to see many players roaming around with modded weapons, outfits, hairstyles, and actions. This server seems to openly accept any and all mods that help character development and role-play as a whole.

3. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

Awesome, thank you everyone! Unfortunately, I just tried to join and got a 'max user connections' error. Hopefully I'll be able to join soon.

TheRedEnigma likes this.
  4. TheRedEnigma

TheRedEnigma Void-Bound Voyager

From what I had learned upon playing today, the server does have plans to increase the population count so more players are able to log on. So do keep your hopes up!

5. Mrs Bartender

Goldy is working on getting more slots

TheRedEnigma likes this.
  6. Loki743Ace

Loki743Ace Void-Bound Voyager

hey I wanna build add a new building to hub world. i'm thinking about adding a large inn or a medium sized castle.

7. TheWalrusNet

TheWalrusNet Phantasmal Quasar

As some people have very kindly passed on, I'm looking to add more slots to the server once i've sorted out an issue with my bank. When that is done hopefully it'll be easier to join. If you get that error though, give it a little while and a slot should open up, just keep trying! :)
    If you or anyone else for that matter want help learning the ropes of RP in general, add me on steam or PM me on these or our official forums, and I'll be happy to run you through things or help in any way i can.

Unfortunately due to restrictions with the current build of starbound, I can't allow building in multiplayer as any changes made to the world will get frequently reset. Hopefully this is something we can have at a later date, however.

This is definitely true, though we do ask that people only use mods that are confirmed to work with multiplayer. Anyone who tries to join using a singleplayer-only mod (such as those that add new items or blocks) will crash the server. While obviously that is not the intent of the person joining, anyone who does do this may find themselves getting banned at least temporarily, so that the incident won't keep occurring.

8. Cojette

Cojette Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having trouble connecting to the server after the recent update, can anyone tell me what the port is?

9. Mrs Bartender

Port?

10. Shinafaye

Shinafaye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The port should be 22626

11. Cojette

Cojette Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! I'll try.[DOUBLEPOST=1440590957][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm still getting an error saying that no such host is know.

12. Smiffy222

Smiffy222 Aquatic Astronaut

Question Is there where I make a powers application or what ever it is?

13. Smiffy222

Smiffy222 Aquatic Astronaut

Character app: Ok some what I had in mind was a telepath that could read minds but see everything thats ever happened to the person in a flash of images sort of thing but some time it hurts the him and that he could also freeze they person of his choice but it drains energy and hurt after a while and he would have to rest after doing it and it doesn't work on robots and some other humanoids. I hope its ok to have as a power. Also he ages a slower than most humans for some reason I'm thinking off currently and will get emotionaly attachted to others easily it kinda his weakness...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. Mrs Bartender

Sounds a bit overpowered but might also be outclassed by other powers

15. Deathninja5551

Deathninja5551 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The server isn't working, the error message is: (NetworkException) Failed to determine address for '85.236.100.202:22625' (no such host is known)
    I don't know what is wrong. :(

16. Deathninja5551

Deathninja5551 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

isn't working for me.

17. Xkiwi

Xkiwi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did this server die? I can't seem to find any servers to RP in.

18. Mrs Bartender

Server isn't dead, just we had to add a password and username which is found on the rules in the fourms

19. Dark43

Dark43 Space Hobo

HI im new to starbound multiplayer and wondering if i could start here.

20. TheWalrusNet

TheWalrusNet Phantasmal Quasar

You certainly can! Though make sure you have read over our rules and such on our forums, and you're prepared to follow them, as we are RP focused, and probably very different to other servers.

We're not dead! However we have changed host, along with a myriad of other things. As the main post says, the information in this is outdated, and the link provided to our dedicated forums contains much better, updated information to help you get into the server :)

Nope, not here! You'll need to use the link in the main post and head over to our main forums, make an account there, and post it in the "Abilities and augments/Race applications" section.