The Exchange - Stem of an idea

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by Cosmopolitan, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan Seal Broken

What's up guys! I've been browsing this sub-forum since initial beta release and love the idea of Corporations entirely.
    I've never been huge on roleplay but the idea of an in-game working economy sounds amazing.

(This is entirely speculation as it's early beta, this obviously goes with the notion that there will be rarer items/vanity/products people are willing to trade/buy after full release of the game)

So after having a long and hard think about just what I can contribute and brainstorming a million different corporation names, I had a thought - Where exactly are we going to exchange goods? Are we going to communicate via forum and meet up on locally hosted servers? Are these economies only going to succeed on specific, high population servers, or is it going to globally affect everyone that plays Starbound online?

The idea is a server specifically hosted for exchange with a forum/sub forums attached to it where people can post proposals / contracts / buy & sell queries and then have a specific place to meet up when someone follows up on their post.
    This would be very heavily community run and would require the community's full effort in making it public/well known to boost users, trades and a potential well flowing economy.

If this post can get some follow up -- critiquing, ideas/suggestions or anything you can add to it, I'll seriously consider launching a server on a dedicated host on the asap.
    Thanks for taking your time to read!

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

A central host for the corporate forums would be a welcomed investment, I would think.

I would think a homeworld for each corporation with trading between them would be nice

danks_ likes this.