Race The Ethereals (Mod now available!)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Horus-the-Chorus, Dec 14, 2013.

1. FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really love this idea, but I really only play Vanilla, unfortunately. I wish this race were in the game.:cry:

The only problem I have with mods is that they are always behind. Not that it's the modder's fault, they can't help needing to wait until after an update is already released before working on their next compatibility update.

PS: I do not dislike furry fantasy-like creatures. It's when someone makes, like, a humanoid horse(or cow) or makes very poorly drawn furries that I don't like it. These a neither of those things and, frankly, they're pretty darn adorable (Eyes, ears, horns. They're all so kawaii!:love:)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Jahhirr

Jahhirr Void-Bound Voyager

It's cool race, but i don't like it race in starbound. sorry.

3. Apple Jack'd

Apple Jack'd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome design, amazing idea, I support 100%.

4. JessesanMan

JessesanMan Master Chief

I really do like the idea of this race and almost all of it as described. My only problem : the name.

Yes, it's a minor problem, and it can be overlooked, but when I think 'ethereal' I don't think of a horned lizard-mammal-humanoid race of nomads. Of course, that could just be me.

I want to reiterate that I do like this race, and I am thinking of now checking out the mod page.

5. Apple Jack'd

Apple Jack'd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe it should be "Aethereals?"

EDIT: I now notice that this is very close to the name of their home planet, Aetheria, although in my opinion, from the description of the race anyway, they should live within the gaseous remnants of supernova'd stars, but that would also put them too close to the novakid. Although it would be awesome if we got a new nanosuit and type of star (e.g. supernova) to explore.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. Ursa

Ursa Void-Bound Voyager

Would you mind if I did some re sprites to try and get the species looking as close to your art as possible? I think they look amazing and would love to be able to give them the same feel IG.

EDIT: Tidied up the sprite a little bit, mostly the stomach, feet and horns. Still trying to iron out body tattoos that don't get in the way of the definition lines :s

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  7. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Just a small suggestion to increase contrast on the body so that highlights and shadows show up more. All the body details are kinda falling out and hard to see.