Digital The Dawn of Two Suns (A Starbound Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Absurdisan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

Agreed.

Mikhaos likes this.
  2. Sytic

Sytic Void-Bound Voyager

Corvus, find a banjo and create a horde of mutant eating mutants to convert the junk into precious minerals.
    What, its just a thought! :p

3. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

What? :rofl: I didn't understand a word of this, but I'm laughing uncontrollably for some reason.

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Hey Absurdian, cna you make a making of,, and send some WIP regulary, just to see how you work on that stuff and which steps it takes to create a part of the story.

long OT discussion

Im christian myself, and what? So I do believe in the stuff jesus christ said about love and not hating each other. Nothign good ever came from the bad abilities of mankind. But what some of the christian stuff tells you about god is just plain dump and stupid. It is an old explanaition of the World by people who did not know better. But if god is half the being they described he would not let this happen at all.

Otherwise as a christian, how do you explain the crusades, how do you explain burning witches and the Inquisition? or any other war where a christian went into and killed someone? You can not in any way defend anything of these without actually kicking jesus' balls.
    So no, I can not be less offensive. If someone is calling himself a Christ, which would imply following the rules Jesus told us (which are not bound to any kind of religion doctrines) and still going to war implying to kill people, then this is the worst kind of heresy in the name of (Jesus) christ he can do. And except from beeing kinda heretic, this is the worst form a hypocrisy a christ can actually do. I am tolerant to opinions, but not tolerant to stupidity. And how can it be any kind of offensive to his "chistian" belief when he gets told that he did somethign wrong? It's not, its just somethign he does not like, because it does not fit with his opinion of how to be a crist while in fact he actually breaks the core rules of beeing a christ.

So what about god? god is great? god knows everything? if that is the case, he does not care anymore about us, otherwise he would either have ended up the misery we as mankind went into, or he would already intervented.

Oh wait, if you now strong enough in your belief to think the stroies about the flood and stuff is true. Then god tried to change us and failed. Now by that logic we have an interesting situation. God tried to clean mankind (the flood, giving rules etc), and god failed. For a allmighty being as we get tought that is also knowing everything, this history of him failing would already be blasphemic. wouldn't it?

So now you have it by facts and logic:

1. Either the stories we christians get told are not all true, and therefore critisizing them is correct and not an insult to christians.

2. God is not free of fail, and we are kinda his experiment he tries to guide (which conficts with our doctrines, and would lead us to No. 1 again.) Because his attemps to guide mankind failed.

3. God is allmrighty and knows anything, and simply does not care about us anymore.
    Why? well If he does know anything and is almighty (so we take the christian doctrine as right) he would know what happens and how it turns out, but then he would enver ever had to try this. Because he already knows the result. So what, except for entertaining him would be the reason to do so?
    I tend more to believe in Nmber 2. God may be a very omnipotent being but he is not free of fail. He may have a deep insight in many things, like actually physically and biologically knowledge and so on. nd maybe the Universe is simply his sandbox. And after creating mankind he tried to guide them, But he failed, because mankind failed to listen. Serveral times btw. and therefore he may not care anymore about us. because we pooped on his creation and what he tried to make this place a happy place. And as he left, he said: "See U on Apocalypse". But not because he will initiate the apocalypse. We will with the features he could already see, Hunger, War, sickness, death. So if god exists, he will be there when this happens, and watch how we go down as mankind by refusing to use our brain for good.

But any kind of christian who does blindly beliefe what the dictrine said is just blindly following a church, and not god or any kind of greater being. And then he has to fail in the eyes of god as well as in the eyes of Jesus. He then is simply no christian at all.

5. Adam05PL

Stop with theological discussions! IT'S AN ART THREAD, Damnit!

6. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yeah, just stop. We already agreed to let it go. Let it go... Can't hold it back any-umm. Sorry. Anyway, while your argument was really good, and well thought out, this isn't the place for it.

PositivAndroid likes this.
  7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Apologetics and rationalization aren't really good arguments, but I agree. Stick to the comic.

====> Ankaa, melt gun with super-heated gas body.

8. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

*Maow* :catface2:

9. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

:catface2: *maow to
    You too*

Mikhaos likes this.
  10. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh how much I yearn to continue this this argument. I thirst for the sweet nectar of contention more than ever. But OP is the OP here, and if he wants the discussion to stop, I shouldn't start.

But, if any of you want to continue the discussion with me through pm's, I would more than welcome that! Cmon! Sate my thirst if you dare!

11. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

WHERE ARE THE COMICS?!?! Huge cliffhanger on the last one.

13SithDeceiver13, Yzzey and Adam05PL like this.
  12. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Awww. IS this dead?

13. Adam05PL

I think so, sadly

14. Dolphinowl245

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I WANT COMICS! TALUMI GO JUMP OFF CLIFF NOW!

15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Does this mean we can go back to the theological debates? ;V

16. Absurdisan

Absurdisan Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry guys, have a lot of pretty serious stuff going on right now. Rest assured that my wife wants to see more of this comic, so there will be more lest I incur her wrath, I just can't give a solid date!

17. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

NO
    Its alright, take your time. Real life comes first.

Dolphinowl245, Mackinz and Adam05PL like this.
  18. Adam05PL

Real life in first place, dont worry Absurdian :p We all love ya ^^

Dolphinowl245 and Yzzey like this.
  19. Sytic

Sytic Void-Bound Voyager

absurdisan for starpresident 20 something something.

20. Dolphinowl245

This is officially a dead thread. ( that rhymes )