The creature feature

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by lance armada, Mar 26, 2012.

1. lance armada

lance armada Phantasmal Quasar

IDEA START (this sucks without knowing everything there is to know about the games monsters and what they do)

[​IMG](accidentally made background same as face color)
    mist breather
    a creature that lives in misty/foggy areas. it is made of bones and wears a blue rag. variations of this could be made from different materials other than bone, and the cape would be a different color. breathes mist and paralyzes other monsters. tends to camouflage with the fog around it.

[​IMG](sorry for the tiny size, its not a very complicated sprite)

BALLOON CAT

a creature of the utmost rarity that lives in the sky. it stays afloat by breathing in air and then holding it in. This air transforms in its body to helium and allows it to fly. When attacked it releases the held up air towards the player and blows him or her away. when it does not find itself in danger it will float around .

2. lance armada

making suggestions will be difficult if the game is not out yet and little is known about the kinds of creatures as well as what style of sprites are used.
    [​IMG]
    challenge accepted

3. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

Hang on... A kite, as in the things that you float around on a string? (not balloons :p)

4. lance armada

yes. a kite. it would be the most majestic, destructive, and amazing thing ever. but its mostly just a joke.

5. GalacticRooster

Search that on Google images: lobsterkite :D

6. lance armada

amazing:speechless:

7. GalacticRooster

yeah, that was... pretty much my reaction.

8. GalacticRooster

Alright, with the Mist Breather, it looks like you know some more about Starbound now...
    Anyway, I think it should be able to breathe mist (obviously) that temporarily paralyzes weaker monsters, or slows down stronger ones (and the player).
    By the way, if you think you're bad a spriting, you should see my attempts :/

9. lance armada

i didnt know there were buffs and debuffs.