The Bylon

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Darthkitten, Apr 28, 2012.

1. FireDrake204

FireDrake204 Pangalactic Porcupine

Really interesting, I love how it can have those variations in types!

2. Added pictures of the fallen bylon, and the bylon in captivity.

3. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

This is an AMAZING idea and, although it's slightly silly to ask, why is it shaped like a pill, I still love the monster it's just a funky shape :p!
    Keep up the good work!

4. Because I felt like it.:p
    Actualy, it's because it needs to be symetrical on both the bottom and the top. And originaly it was going to be made of stone, so I just drew it smooth.

5. Force2Reckon

You could have it symmetrical without it being a pill, heck it could be a sphere but I digress (well not really).

It's still an awesome monster concept.

6. I'm not gonna go anymore into the shape, don't need to start a war or anything, but thank you very much for your support.

(To be totaly honest, it reminds me of the background hills from mario games. :))

7. Force2Reckon

LAWL it does! I didn't even notice that!

8. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

i like it at first i thought it was a wee bit silly but after seeing all of the thought and detail you put in to it then it would suck if it wasnt put in game but also maybe different variations of armor depending on which shell you get like if it it the lightning one then you get armor or a sword that either protects or deals shock damage

9. Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.
    Overall though, it's up to the game developers whether they add this creature into the game, and just how much detail they want to put into it. Personaly, even if just the basic bylon was added to the game, The music from the lighting demo would be playing in my head for 3 weeks straight.

I also have a great idea for a playable race not related to the bylon, but I think I'll wait until I release it.

10. WhatTheHax98

WhatTheHax98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome, i love the different variants! I really hope to see it in game! If there is another monster monster contest, you should post this, hopefully it makes it in game! :D

11. Uploaded the first of the color pictures!
    Enjoy.

12. Force2Reckon

Niiiiice name.
    LOL at the stuffed doll toss to Terraria

13. Uploaded the rest of the color pictures.
    If there is anything you want to see, just let me know.
    Any sugestions, just let me know.

14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Just some questions:
    Can you find a Phoenix Blaster somewhere beetween those ´´Old Guns``? And a Excalibur beetween those ``Magic Swords´´? And there was a sponge inside the pineapple?
    And can we throw the doll to lava to summon an special kind of Bylon named Bylon of Flesh?

(Speaking about Bylrogs)

15. Yep. That's exacly what I was going for. (Except for the pineapple, that was just a random object I happened to think of at the time.")
    They're basicly like really, really old sharks. They eats stuff, they live a long time, you kill them, you get said stuff.

As for summoning the bylrog, it staes in the post that they love fish blood, so i'm thinking the blood of some large seamonster enimies could be combined to make
    Bylrog bait.

16. Force2Reckon

*Catches Loch Ness* This big enough?

Darthkitten likes this.
  17. Omegatron

Omegatron Aquatic Astronaut

Hoping to encounter these in-game! Very well done.

Also, since there will be mechs in Starbound, perhaps crafting a Bylon mech/combat suit would be possible. I suppose that's covered with the Replicaguard, but just a thought.

18. In honor of reaching over 500 veiws, I have added another bylon picture.

19. neB

neB Star Wrangler

Even though this was late for the monster monster contest, I really hope this gets implemented! :D I love it!

20. Force2Reckon

YES A BAD ASS BYLROG MECHA!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT, I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOWZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!