The best thing about the multiplayer beta is...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tinyhats, May 6, 2018.

1. Tinyhats

Tinyhats Poptop Tamer

...the fact that your farmhands can help you position new buildings (coop, barn, shed etc) by being present on the farm while you're placing the building with Robin - if there's grass or a tree or anything in the way of where I'm planning to put a building, I can be like "friend, can you come remove this tree? No the one to the left of that... yes, and a bit of that grass... ok great, thanks!", no more running back to your farm in case you're bad at planning ahead! :D

What's your favorite game improvement or general thing about playing with friends?

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Or your cat is being a dick and you have to run back and kick it out of the way

Tinyhats likes this.
      • SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

That's nice, for sure. But this game is just such a friggin' delight to play in a group! I'm so pumped that it's in beta, and I hope they're able to iron out the kinks swiftly. Stardew Valley was already an amazingly good game. Now, on my list, it's one of the best games of all time.

• NomiChi

NomiChi Seal Broken

I haven't gotten to this point yet but since there are multiple people with their own tools you no longer have to plan around the weather to upgrade your watering can!

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

Really helps to have another person in the mines, especially when ganging up on monsters. Taking turns hitting rocks or cutting trees means getting the most out of your energy. There is someone to work on the museum when you aren't or if you just haven't found anything yet it's being taken care of. Then of course you have another hand to water your crops. Though I still like just playing by myself it is just nice to have someone else working with you though I let my guy pick the farm we probably should have went with the original farm to overload it with crops, next time.

• Dewin

Dewin Space Hobo

Not only that, but if another player takes your tools you'll find that you get some replacements mailed to you the next morning. I've typically been the one actually upgrading the tools in our game and bringing them back to whoever they're for -- and getting the 'spare' is handy. The gotcha is there's no way to get rid of the extras.

It makes me think that singleplayer could benefit from an option to just outright buy extra starter tools.

Nuralea82 likes this.
              • NomiChi

NomiChi Seal Broken

Yeah! We have so many watering cans that I don't have to go refill. When I run out I just switch to the next one. And it only gives you the basic version of the tool. We tried to see if it worked with upgraded version but it didn't.

• Myrkana

Myrkana Void-Bound Voyager

yes lol I was out foraging while my bf was building a coop, I ran back and killed some weeds so he could put it where he wanted it :) I love the spliting of the work. While I hand watered the plants early on he would go forage or mine. Now with sprinklers we both can go do stuff but we still split things like one of us will hit the beach and town, the other the south area and the animals. I love the ability to get multiple things done a day :)

• Myrkana

Myrkana Void-Bound Voyager

it doesnt get rid of them but we have a chest in an out of the way spot that we throw extra tools in :) its the forget me box :p