Digital The Benifits of a Racially Diverse Team, June 24th Update

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Musetrigger, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Three days late, you say? This was one out of a million other things I'm drawing so, you know...

I already have a description attached to this image, but it's in another site somewhere so I'll just stay right here and make a new one.

You know knowledge is a good thing right? But you don't always know everything. You can't expect yourself to be a walking text on the way things are and how things work, and with that you can be in serious trouble out there in space. That's too much of a load on your back. Here's an easier alternative to that: Bring buddies with you. That's right. Don't know much about tombs? Bring your Avian drinking pal along and have him guide you. Need a professional opinion on chum? How's your Hylotl buddy? Is he busy this afternoon?

In this case, you're in a jungle and you'd like to have the second opinion of your old academy squeeze. She'll know what to say!

[​IMG]

Yeah. It's good to have connections. :V

2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Good point, I'll have to remember this...

Musetrigger likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Oh, that's a good one. :rofl:

Musetrigger likes this.
  4. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

I need a floran slave :p

Kish and Musetrigger like this.
  5. Musetrigger

I just want to let you know. That made me lol.

Kish likes this.
  6. Kish

Kish Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome display of diversity.

Musetrigger likes this.
  7. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Sometimes knowledge may vary dramatically from one race to another :p
    [​IMG]

like for these guys !

Awesome work, dude ;)

Musetrigger and Kish like this.
  8. Musetrigger

Darn tootin' brother. That is a nice vector! I love vectors!

9. Zephiron

All hail the mighty vector !
    Couldn't find its original author on the web, unfortunately x).

Musetrigger likes this.
  10. Musetrigger

I made damn sure to get Illustrator as well as Photoshop. I love using both programs. Vectors look so much hotter when it comes to styles that fit them.

11. Zephiron

Not the same applications though. From what I've gathered, Photoshop is more about photo editing / scribbling art, Illustrator is more oriented towards professional ads / smooth conceptual illustrations which may require progressive adjustments. I tend to get more into Ps rather than Ai because of the more 'user-friendly' interface and tools that Ps brings as compared to the other one. Plus I know nothing about vectorial imagery :oops:

12. Musetrigger

Well I've dabbled with Illustrator much longer than Photoshop, and though I love Illustrator, it's easier for me to make a comic with Photoshop. It's usually quicker in Photoshop while you have to spend a little more time with Illustrator.

The trick is to make a higher resolution for the bitmap image. You still have the chance to make it bigger if you want.

13. Zephiron

Higher res + higher dots per inch are the key for Ps bitmaps, however, higher resolution tend to make my rig on its knees when I need to zoom out/make large modifications (not a Mac after all).

14. Musetrigger

Yeah. You need to know your computer before you put it through the motions. In my case I have the power to do my art in 300 resolution, and I'm certain I can go higher than that. I'm just very comfortable with 300 and lower.

But if you plan on that, then you'd better use quick straight lines. When I started out, my linearts would end up rough and messy. Nowadays I use quick strokes and clean up the ends. You can see it in Lily's leaves. Some of the curves I have in there had to be sketched in and polished though, like the hands and the eyes.

15. Zephiron

Ooor when you're too clumsy to make lots of fluid lines despite training yourself at it (like me :p)...pen paths ftw ! ^^ I don't have that much trouble with 300 dpi, only when filling / erasing large areas in the canvas , my computer stumbles a little. Not as much as an old rig, but still a pain in the ass when you need and try to be precise.

16. volchonokilli

volchonokilli Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, i love your style!
    Moar works, please!