Story The BAR Files

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Galax Agondor, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Galax Agondor

Galax Agondor Void-Bound Voyager

(This is my first story, so I understand if the work is stereotypical or badly written. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism.)
    These are assorted files collected from the BAR experiment.

Email from Outpost 0290 Head Scientist
    BAR (Beaming Advancement Research) Experiment

To: Miniknog Council
    We have a proposal for a new experiment. We've taken into consideration the science of beaming, and it's incredible usefulness. We would like to be granted the permission to study ways that we could advance this science in ways that could greatly benefit us. We're hoping to be able to transport entire armies at once. Also if we can prevent areas from beaming, to shield entire planets from rebels. Once we've received a green light, you can expect us to immediately begin research.

-These files were recovered from a database within Outpost 0290-
    Testing Information
    Test Subject: Straten Jolisk, Apex Worker
    Purpose: To test the extents of beaming.
    Jolisk has been fit with an EPP, long-range, a customized transceiver, and a Shade Co. Fusion Pistol. We will be seeing how far he can beamed, and be sending him out to the extents of space. (It's worth noting that we've received an anonymous tip that Jolisk was giving information to rebels.)

Research Log #1:
    We're setting up the teleporter, and readying Jolisk for beaming. We'll be sending him to the extents of the galaxy, and he'll be reporting anything peculiar he sees. He has now been sent off. We have detected no difference in his vital systems or the teleporter used to send him.
    * 1 Hour after sending Jolisk:
    Jolisk's heart rate is lowering rapidly, going down about 1.3 beats a minute. We've tried to contact him, but he's not responding.
    * 3 Hours after sending Jolisk:
    Jolisk has responded. He's said that he's reintegrated in the far reaches of space, he can't see anything.

Audio Log:
    Dr. Primus: "What do you see, Straten?"
    Jolisk: "Nothing. I-I'm scared. It's complete darkness. Can you get me out of here?"
    Dr. Primus: "Yes, we'll get you out in a second. But we need to continue with our research for just a lit-"
    Jolisk: "Wait! Wait! I-I see something!"
    Dr. Primus: "Tell us! What is it?"
    Jolisk: "It's, uh, it's a light. It's saying something. . ., can you hear it to?"
    Dr. Primus: "No. We can't. Tell us what it's saying, Straten."
    Jolisk: "It's telling me you were wrong. It's saying that-that this was a mistake. I've seen to much!"
    *Jolisk begins to cry and scream.*
    Jolisk: "Take me back! Take me back!"
    Dr. Primus: "Tell us exactly what's happening."
    unknown: "He is mine, now. You should have never found the Eclipse."
    *end of log*

Straten's heart rate abruptly dropped to 0.

Research Log #2:
    Several scientist did research on "the Eclipse", but we couldn't find any information after several hours of investigation. We're trying to understand exactly what happened to Jolisk, but there's no records of anything like this happening ever.

Video Log:
    13:04 - Dr. Alrixx was seen entering a bathroom, the sounds of vomiting could be heard.
    13:09 - Dr. Alrixx emerged, with his eyes a toxic shade of green.
    13:11 - Dr. Alrixx approached a scientist. Stating "You cannot hide." Dr. Alrixx attacked the scientist, but was immediately shot.
    13:13 - Soldiers took away Dr. Alrixx, and the attacked scientist was taken to be checked for possible disease.

Research Log #3
    There was no pathogens found on Dr. Alrixx's corpse or the victim. Some of the scientist working on the BAR project have become scared, believing that this might be related to the events happening with Jolisk entering the Eclipse. We've done our best to assure them that Dr. Alrixx was always stressed and just went over the edge.

Note found on Outpost 0290:

My name is Dr. Alaana Dryyax. I was one of the scientist working on the BAR experiments. The project was short-lived, shortly after beginning we lost our test subject and a scientist went aggressive. A few hours after he was killed, the Apex he attacked began showing symptoms of sickness and also became hostile. He mauled several workers, before he could be put down. There was no signs of disease. The surviving victims of the attack began to turn on us. I noticed that their eyes were an unnatural shade of green. They said strange things. Talking about how their was no escape, that we brought this upon ourselves. I'm starting to believe that there's some things nobody should ever know. The few survivors have barricaded ourselves in an office with 8 inch thick glass walls. We thought it would be enough to protect ourselves from them, until help arrived, but it's already started to crack. This may be the last report from Outpost 0290. Tell everybody to never go out of the galaxy. We must never awaken the Eclipse.

After 72 hours of receiving no reports from Outpost 0290, several soldiers were sent into to scout out the situation. When they reported hostile Apex workers and were wiped out, we sent in an elite group. The elite group was also killed, but we managed to recover most of the information from the project. We've issued a complete quarantine on the entire Dryalos System. The Eclipse must never be awaken.