The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

interesting points.

2. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

You do get some opposition if you talk like I do.

3. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

That's what I thought <3

4. Marcorri

Marcorri Void-Bound Voyager

i can attest from experience while it does not blind it hurts like a bitch

5. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

You sneaky bastard...
    Did you get stung in the eye and survived to tell the tale?
    [​IMG]

6. OmniGeoff

I'm gonna pop some tags... Only got twenty dollars in my pocket...

7. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

nice

8. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Anyone seen the music video for Fall Out Boy's Carpal Tunnel of Love? The idea of being stung in the eye has grossed me out a lot more ever since I saw that :C

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Stop derailing the thread!, This is about shadow and bees

10. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Pretty sure you have more than 20 bucks from all that kit slavery and those GMO'd Nakati deals, you sick person.

11. OmniGeoff

Okay, what about shadows and bees?

Actually, I work over at that cargo loading industry for a fellow intergalactic supermarket. Thankfully they rehired me after my recent... Avalification.

12. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Shame? Hahaha.

13. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I do think I've figured out why we ramble so much. None of us want to leave the group (perceived as failing to post for long periods of time), but at the same time, we've run out of insightful questions to ask about the Avali something like 400 pages ago.

So we just say random things to be sure that nobody forgets that we're active members.

Just something fun that occurred to me while I was typing that: just about any human interaction can be compared to the Prisoners' Dilemma with enough imagination.
    So if you ever need to sound like you have a deep insight into a problem, just explain the Prisoners' Dilemma to your audience and come up with a reason it's similar to the issue at hand.

14. Myifee

Myifee Guest

And tail dancing

I could use stronger words, but there really is no need. If you do have a problem with it, take it up with me in a private chat. Otherwise, simply drop it and everyone can go on their merry ways.

J_Mourne and OmniGeoff like this.
  15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Insightufl... but that doesn't explain @ProkhorVLG r, who is both new to the thread and also has his own race mod with their own in depth lore to think about... yet is now stuck here posting :p

16. ProkhorVLG

This is the internet. I literally can not be rustled in the slightest.
    That's why I fail to understand why so many people do.

17. OmniGeoff

What if I told you, you just changed the topic, and can no longer go back to that topic because we've covered it thoroughly, and all we are after is enjoyment through shadow's and bee's ability to gain ludicrous amounts of popularity on this thread. That's why...

18. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Obviously it's because we're such charming individuals.

Honestly, I'm still posting here because people listen to me and I've grown weirdly fond of you. ...Most of you. ;P

Also, general question because it's out of my experience: when on a mission out in the field, what do you reckon a pack's going to eat? I've never so much as gone camping before, so I've no idea.

19. ProkhorVLG

I've been watching this thread and the original for a while yo.
    I just watch carefully for any screenies you post, those are always interesting. That's the main reason I'm here :p

20. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

alright, I'm bored so creepy story time

The complex sprawled out in front of the platoon, another spoil of war their orders were to sweep the facility, kill any enemy combatants, and report back on assets contained within, standard operation procedure for the Tecarians. The front door was reinforced, a blast door to keep things in just as well as out, it wasn't locked though, and the electronic systems were poorly secured, it opened fairly easily and the team filed through the door, rifles ready for anything. The androids were immediately greeted by an overwhelming amount of nothing, no sound, no light, no people, one of the Sergeants voiced concern, wondering why the facility might be abandoned, but the Lieutenant assured the men that orders were orders, and they were more than capable of handling anything hiding in these corridors, he had confidence in them, and with that he gave the order to fan out, the three squads would split up and explore different areas of the facility, and their armored infantry would remain here in case it is needed. Flipping on taclights the Lieutenant and his team slowly explored what they presumed to be the main corridor, not long passed before they found signs of life, or rather signs that there once was life, a large dark bloodstain decorated the wall on their right, and a trail of the stuff stained the ground leading further down the corridor, the obvious course of action was to follow it, it didn't continue for long before coming to another sealed door, it and several other trails terminating under the door, the locks appeared to be broken, and the motors were non-responsive, the Lieutenant ordered one of his men to force it open, putting their rifle away they managed to force the door quite easily, it slid in it's mounting without any resistance revealing a rather grisly scene, whoever had been doing corpse collection had been busy, at least a dozen Tolari soldiers laid casually piled in the center of their barracks, the beds overturned and moved aside to make room.

The squad scanned the room thoroughly, finding nothing but meat and entrails scattered in odd places, though a strange scratching sound was beginning to come and go from the ceiling, probably just vermin and scavengers drawn by the carnage, the more pressing concern was who had killed all these men. The Lieutenant decided to turn over one of the corpses and look for clues there, he immediately noticed the chest cavity had been torn open almost as if something had eaten it, but right through the body armor? something wasn't right-a proximity alarm suddenly went off a split second before second squad went dark, the Lieutenant dropped the body and brought his squad into a defensive formation. Everything was quiet, even the scavengers had stopped, the soldiers began to chat over secure channels, asking what had just happened while some openly inquired to the Lieutenant, who remained silent for a minute before calmly giving the order to rendezvous, as the vermin started to move around above them again he added that they must meet up as quickly as possible, the Lieutenant sprinted out of the barracks and dashed down the hall towards the rendezvous, his squad caught off guard by the sudden departure causing them to fall behind. The corridor hadn't seemed this long this first time through had it? suddenly the armored infantry went dark, a few gunshots rang down the corridor bringing the Lieutenant to a sudden stop, listening intently and watching his HUD, all was silent again, and his armored infantry was still MIA. The troops began to panic, the Tecarian Army's prized professionalism melting away in an instant, the Lieutenant barked over the radio for order, attempting to assure the men that they would find and kill whoever was responsible, but he couldn't fully mask the panic seeping into his voice, not giving the men time to pick up on it he took off again,his squad again hesitating before following him.

The Lieutenant rounded the last corner, finding their Vulcan armored infantry droid lying face down in front of the doorway, the unit looked mostly intact, save for a few sparks jumping out of the now broken circuits where it's head used to be connected, as those all too familiar voices of doubt and panic again chimed over comms the Lieutenant yelled back, demanding quiet, and again his men fell silent as he stepped forward, moving his taclight over the door, which seemed intact, though the access panel next to it had been ripped open and apart, sure enough the door wouldn't budge, and without their Vulcan they wouldn't be able to force it. Third squad abruptly went dark, the Lieutenant looked down the corridor they had followed, but couldn't see anything, there it was, silence again, oppressive silence and darkness filled the intersection, all 4 soldiers left speechless, the Lieutenant abruptly ordered his men into a defensive perimeter and demanded extraction from the facility, unfortunately the troops outside hadn't the tools to force the door either, and they would have to wait for them to arrive, groaning and throwing his head back in frustration the Lieutenant noticed a hole in the ceiling, one of the panels had been moved aside, allowing his curiosity to get the better of him he ordered one of his men over and boosted him up into the hole, he became aware of the fact that everything had gone quiet again, but before he could recognize this as a problem something in the ducts grabbed the soldier from behind, the Lieutenant instantly let go and went for his rifle, but before he could ready it the soldier fell to the ground, his head partially crushed, and him certainly dead, it looks like some animal had locked it's jaws around him, before the Lieutenant could chalk it up to bad luck the ceiling panel put itself back in place, at which point he fired a few rounds through it, hoping to kill whatever was in those ducts, but he was rewarded with no evidence of death or even a wound, only the sound of more movement.

The Lieutenant placed the corpse of his squad-mate over that of the Vulcan, and ordered his man back to perimeter positions to wait for extraction, and so they sat, for several minutes before one of the soldiers glanced back over his shoulder, and while his head was turned the ceiling panel over him gave way, flooring him and depositing a rather large creature on his back, the other two soldiers abruptly turned around and took aim as the creature snarled and snapped at it's prey, wasting no time in dispatching him the same way it had the first, and as the gunshots rang out it turned and lunged at a third soldier carrying him into a wall with it's momentum, a short second later the creature was dead though, cut down before it could claim another soldier, Lieutenant rushed over and removed the corpse from his squad-mate, noticing immediately that the impact had caved in his chest, and there was no way he was going to make it, the Lieutenant placed a hand on the wounded soldier's shoulder and watched as he expired a short moment later. With his entire team dead along with the creature that had killed them, the Lieutenant stood up and walked over to the creature, examining it thoroughly, muscular frame, large and well developed claws, short and sparse hair on coarse skin, and rows of sharp teeth, a fairly rudimentary looking predator, and the blood caked on it's muzzle indicated it had been here for some time, but still the Lieutenant found the creature unsettling, why had it attacked his squad? Suddenly his train of thought was interrupted by a sound of metal groaning under stress, coming right from the door, his extraction had arrived, as the door announced the arrival of salvation, so too did several low growls announce the arrival of more of those creatures, the Lieutenant turned around and saw them crowding around a corner further down the hall, looking around he saw that they had him surrounded, and were slowly advancing on him, he held his fire, hoping they wouldn't increase their pace and he could be out before they reached him, turning around he saw that the door was partially open, the motors were audibly fighting against the Vulcan trying to force it, but he was making progress, the Lieutenant could see a friendly face and sunlight, as far as he was concerned he was saved, but then he heard a snarl behind him, and turned around just in time for one of the creatures to tackle him to the ground, the door snapped shut as the Vulcan had let go in surprise of the sudden strike, but he quickly renewed and doubled his efforts, quickly forcing a crack in the door and trying to get it open, looking through the crack he saw only the creatures swarming over where the Lieutenant used to be, one of them screeched as it was stabbed and they all backed off a little bit, revealing the Lieutenant who began to struggle to his feet, shaken by the whole experience, the creatures kept their distance and snarled and growled, but their opportunity had passed, the Lieutenant was reaching for his rifle, as the door suddenly lurched a few inches closer to being open the creatures made their move again, dragging the Lieutenant to the ground and bolting, taking him with them as the Vulcan watched him feel around for anything he could grab onto and call for help, his taclight was soon all that was visible, and as the door finally lurched open, it went out, leaving the Vulcan and several teams of reinforcements staring down the same dark corridors that had greeted those before them, their predecessors strewn out on the floor in front of them.

I'm not good at "scary," or writing in general, plus this is pretty off topic, but meh, read it if you want, don't if you don't

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.