The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

See, you don't need sympathy! We will make a man out of you yet! :rofl:

2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Hey, I'm always hearing about the official Avali server...
    How would I go about joining it?

3. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

The Official Unofficial Avali Server is primarily run by Shadowhunter. Shoot him a conversation.

4. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

wouldn't mind if he answered my Conversation.

5. Myifee

Myifee Guest

New ideas to draw, along with someone requesting something from me.

So potential arts from me in the future.

BountyXSnipe and J_Mourne like this.
  6. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I have a weekend of free time ahead of me, I may jump on this "Drawing shit cuz why not" bandwagon

J_Mourne likes this.
  7. Shaadaris

I was under the impression that Shadowhunter was going to be out of commission for a while. Well, if things go badly, anyhow... and I'm a pessimist, so I tend to expect the worst in any situation.
    I would love to join in, too... but...
    I have the artistic skill of a tree...
    stump...
    buried underground...
    in a frozen wasteland...
    on an imploding planet...
    inside a black hole.

8. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

big deal, I have the hand-eye coordination of a sleep deprived crack addict, and yet I subject myself to drawing at least monthly

9. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh please EVERYONE can paint nicely it's just a matter of getting used to it, I use my mouse to make art do you know how hard it is to paint with a mouse decently? Oddly enough not that hard :wut: I just use lots of payers in paint.NET to make my stuff and it comes out looking relatively decent...

...What?? (played on an Xbox for too long to not have good eye hand coordination :rofl:)
    ...Imagine trying to paint, using a joystick or xbox controler. Now that would be so cool to see...

10. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

well if you watch me play a game, it's the exact opposite of me drawing, my mouse movements are quick and precise, as opposed to slow and unsteady

11. Mc Fow1er

Thats the same with me, which is why I go really slowly and zoom in to at least 4 times the images size.
    And use a lot of layers so that I can look at stuff while I'm going stuff to the image

12. Shaadaris

Trust me, not everyone can. I'm a pessimist, as I've said. This, coupled with my short attention span, procrastination, and rampant perfectionism makes drawing a nearly impossible task for me.
    Even if I do get something drawn, chances are I'll hate it and start again or give up. :(
    Yes, I know how hard it is to paint with a mouse. I've tried. (I would try digital art with a tablet, but... Well, I don't exactly have one, or the money to buy one for that matter.)

13. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Shadow declared @Billy Mays the acting leader for the server, if I remember correctly.

Maybe you should shoot him a message?

14. Shaadaris

I'll probably do that later. It's getting a bit late.

Random question:
    What's an average Avali lifespan?

15. Mc Fow1er

probably a number under 100 years ;)

16. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

I remember seeing around 150 years, due to their slower metabolism, or sometimes up to 450 in full-body prosthetics.

Ehksidian and J_Mourne like this.
  17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Huh.
    You have a point.
    I will still call them Solarians, though!

In other news, I think I have serious adware. Almost every tab I open directs me to another site, and Adblock doesn't help.

18. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

*buzzer*

Ammonia biologies have a slower metabolism, and thus a longer lifespan than water biologies like humans.​
    *ding ding ding*

I don't think Ryuujin's actually given us a hard number other than "several centuries", but yeah. Somewhere above the hundreds range, and quite a long time with a cybernetic shell.​

19. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

I remember reading 150 for the normal lifespan, and when prosthetics are explained on the wiki, it says "May live several times their average lifespan", so I just multiplied it by three.

20. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

The thread becomes really slow during this time of day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.