The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

So do the Apex, apparently, since that's why she had all that stuff happen to her. I have got to write this story out at some point, lest it eat my brain...

2. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

My family has an African Senegal, and I can confirm the pin feathers thing--though he seems to find them itchy or something, 'cause he likes it when you roll the pin feathers between your fingers until the film that gives them the pin-like appearance flakes off and they can poof out.

3. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

I've been thinking. If the Avali started out on a barren planet with hardly any trees or places to reach a higher elevation, (other than the possible mountain and plateau.) what purpose would the wings serve that would give them a better survival rate than that of a human in a similar environment? (In other words, why would they need wings at all?)

I know that I'm taking a Darwinian standpoint here, but the question popped into my head on a rainy work day.

4. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Now I imagine Apex torturing an Avali by breaking all the pin feathers.
    That certainly would be an effective way of doing things.

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

*cringes*
    as if the nightmares I have aren't screwed up enough...

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They do have tree-analogues. They also have quite significant glacial uplift along floes and fractures in the cie sheets, prime hunting territory due to blind passages and elevations

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Quick prediction from you, do you think you'll have the update pushed sometime today before the Server party at around 7pm EST? FTP is very slow for it and I need to know if I'll have enough time to preform the operation.

Thanks.

8. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, goddamnit. Don't give me these ideas, you wonderful horrible person...

Anyway, I'd show off the sketch as it stands, but I seem to have annoyed a few people last time around so I'll try and limit it this time ;P

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Yeah, I feel ya. Guy's a pain 75% of the time but the 25% somewhat redeems him, I think...

10. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

How does that EVEN WORK?!?!??! :yuno:

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes

12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Thanks. =3
    Waitwaitwaitwait. There is a server party?

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Effective way of making them pass out, but a useless means of torture. breaking a pin feather wouldn't hurt, they have no nerves in them. Kind've like torturing someone by cutting their hair

14. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

I suggest starting a thread dedicated to questions/ FAQ... not only do questions get missed a lot but they probably get repeated a lot.

15. Mc Fow1er

I'm just going to assume its on the RP server

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Actually the main mod/lore thread is for that, people keep asking them here anyway :p

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Well it doesn't have to be physical torture. Seeing so much blood on their arms and feathers would make them really upset.
    I thought this was the lore AND fucking around thread?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  18. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

I asked a question there that never got answered, that's why I asked my last question here :p
    Also, I thought the whole point of that thread was to put mod updates, yet you put all of them here? (Other than the color options thing)

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Awesome!

20. Mc Fow1er

:seriously: Click that link dude and note that you are wrong about this being the lore thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.