1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Ar'Tronians 1.3.5

A race of music-obsessed, reptilian humanoids!

1. Drayken

Drayken Void-Bound Voyager

Drayken submitted a new mod:

The Ar'Tronians - A race of music-obsessed, reptilian humanoids!

Read more about this mod...

2. BlueDragonic

BlueDragonic Void-Bound Voyager

Love to see more race mods however at the moment it is impossible to make a character since the race doesnt show up on the race creation screen. I use the character creationscreen extender but was unable to find your race. That is something you might want to look in to.

3. E253MechaShadow

E253MechaShadow Phantasmal Quasar

Well, it seems you're off for a good start with all this lore. Now you might need to make it work properly, make more options for their look (new skin colors, horns, etc.) and then adding other stuff such as weapons and armor (probably art- and aesthetic-themed), furniture and tiered ships... maybe NPCs, dungeons, villages...

4. Drayken

5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

No photos? :(

How else will I know what they look like before i spend my starbound fun bucks on them?

6. Drayken

7. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

The overview lacks screenshots. It is extremely important if you want your race to be downloaded. Just a piece of advice. :chucklefish:

8. Drayken

9. Yako

Yako Phantasmal Quasar

You seem really passionate about this mod, so I'm going to be a little harsh because I think you can take it. This mod has some extreme organization issues in its file system which in some places simply bloat the filesize and in others could cause issues for people that install it! I'm just going to go through by folders and point out some of the things I noticed...
    • AI: ai.config is just a repeated file from base game and should be deleted. Same goes for ai.png. staticfelin.frames is from an unrelated mod and should also be deleted. avianai.png has a duplicate file name of a vanilla asset, meaning that it will overwrite that image in the base game. What this means: players might find that their avian's crystal AI is suddenly blue! Name should be changed (preferably to something like "artronianai.png") and avianai.frames should have its name changed to match.
    • cinematics: terrestrial_worlds.config.patch, testhuman.modinfo, The Ar'Tronians Beta.modinfo, and universe_server.config.patch can be found in cinematics/respawn/artronian. They should not be.
    • humanoid: the artronian folder here has a lot of screenshots that just shouldn't be there, duplicates of the male and female character creation icons, and an extra copy of the horns. It's ok to keep these around, but they shouldn't be in your mod releases!
    • interface: ok, the only file duplicates you have here are the default male-symbol female-symbol icons. But more importantly, I want to address the fact that you could make it much easier on your end users if you created a windowconfig folder in interface, and then in windowconfig, insert a file called "charcreation.config.patch" with the following contents:
    Code:
    [
        { "op" : "add"
        ,"path" : "/speciesOrdering/-"
        ,"value" : "artronian" }
    ]
    • This would make it so that users don't have to manually add your race to the character creation menu, which is better for everyone!
    • sfx: Since you're using human sounds right now, you can just delete this folder entirely.
    • treasure: same as above.
    All in all, I want to say this: you've got some really cool ideas! But it's going to take a lot of work to realize them fully, and you're getting off to a pretty bad start with your mod's organization. If you can fix these things, you'll be in better shape later down the road. Good luck, and I'm interested to see where this goes!

Drayken, Relten and MrChow like this.
  10. Drayken

Thank you for pointing all that out, Yako. I'll clean it up and re-upload it as soon as I can.

11. Drayken

12. winger

winger Phantasmal Quasar

well you made a race that is well me love reptiles flight cold and i am hardly ever not playing my music (with headphones) nice job just add weapons armor and the rest of the stuff a race need and i will lay this mod oh and they should look like lizards not people look very human[DOUBLEPOST=1436221569][/DOUBLEPOST]and for the size just have the player be young not fully grown

Drayken likes this.
  13. Drayken

Well, I'm very glad you like it :DD. I'm working on all the essential stuff right now, and I'll upload a version with a few weapons when I fix all their bugs. Now, if you want a version that includes the metamorphosed males (they look a lot like lizards or dragons), I could work on that if demand is high enough. I'm gonna keep the non-metamorphosed males in, though.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  14. winger

winger Phantasmal Quasar

cool yeah a dragon or reptilon look would be cool oh idea a item you can make allows you to change between

15. Drayken

Huh, that's a pretty good idea. I wonder how it would work though? It would have to be something that temporarily changes the male body sprite, because you'd probably want to wear armor (if the item was an armor set, it would replace the armor you are wearing, unless you want to run around in your underwear).

Relten likes this.
  16. winger

winger Phantasmal Quasar

tech a race mod tthat adds 4 races one of the techs is a shape-sifting tech allows the cat race to change to different dinosaurs

17. Drayken

Wait, what?

18. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Ah, found what's wrong with the race not appearing! Apparently your windowconfig folder is in the title folder. The correct place would be right outside it.

Drayken likes this.
  19. Drayken

Oh, really? I'm sorry about that, I'll get that fixed.

20. Drayken

Relten likes this.