Race The Arachneidi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by DeadlyLuvdisc, May 2, 2013.

1. Aidan

Aidan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my jesus! I love this race, it is so..just well put together and it looks great.. I would love to place as these guys ! Hopefully once the game is released someone makes a mod with these as playable.

2. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

It would be interesting if we could put the Zaahir, Arachneidi and Skarapions on the same home planet. Make a nice cultural/racial lore boiling pot.

3. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Love the idea, I also have made a thread (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/lacertis.31422/ if your interested) on an arabian lizard race, but your idea is definitely more... elaborate, detailed and perfected. Personally I would like there to be many different playable races in-game (I know this would be slightly difficult for the devs) and this race would definitely be one to be added :D I give my full support.

Also I tried liking on the suggestions page and I don't know if it worked... :unsure: If it did not work... I give my support here: :up:

4. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

upvoted <3

5. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

First thing that came to mind was THEY NEED A SPIDERMECH.

6. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

This is an amazing suggestion to the point where I don't feel bad about raising it back to the world of the living.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  7. GameKarim

GameKarim Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good Sprites :D

Heartstrings likes this.
  8. Charnaelius

Charnaelius Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. VERY AWESOME. Oh gods, I love that pretty bugs. I hope they will be in game *~*

9. Dimitriye98

Dimitriye98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please don't let this die. This race is better and more unique than any so far!!! I love middle-eastern culture and the look of the walking spider people is really aesthetically pleasing.

10. NinjaKec

NinjaKec Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not much for spiders, but these are amazing!
    Also I see you, metabots.

11. Dimitriye98

Dimitriye98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Metabots?

12. NinjaKec

NinjaKec Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The list of sprites, third row up from the bottom :3

13. Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

How about some vertical pincers?

14. Oukimuni

Oukimuni Orbital Explorer

This is really nice! I'd love a more buggy race~

15. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've actually got a drawing that I did some years ago based on an arachnid-humanoid. I'll be digging out my old drawings (Practically and coincidentally all character/race designs, some weapon designs.) and making a race of my own, however, I'll probably edit some of the drawings and send them to folks making races like this one to see if they approve of my interpretation. It's not the best stuff in the world and the designs are black and white profile type sketches, (Usually nothing fancy. No backgrounds or poses.)
    Anyway, I like this race design among a handful of others. I wish you the best of luck.

16. Wall of Steel

Wall of Steel Big Damn Hero

If their mouths are on top of their hears, then how do they eat or drink with a hat on, or do other mouth-related magicks?

17. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

I'm deeply impressed with your work. This is going to be something special.

18. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

I completely approve of this idea

19. silentstalker

silentstalker Orbital Explorer

i am going to apologize ahead of time. for i am a critic of sorts. i love how much work people put into these ideas but i am always bothered by the little things. lets start with
    1. the shear amount of time it would have taken (if possible) for a relatively large spider (size of a dinner plate) to evolve into an upright standing creature with two arms and legs. also they are of spider decent there is no need of mammary organs (boobs)
    unless they evolved into mammals.
    2. the cave drawing thing. there would be no way for them to figure out what they looked like that far in the past. we have only gotten as far as we did because of similarities and fossil, bones, carbon dating etc, spiders would of left very, very little traces once dead. but those traces would have been lost after a couple hundred of millions of years. (witch is not enough time to evolve into a humanoid creature).
    3. i don't think that a spider like creature would of evolved this way for it would have to loose many key survival adaptations that themselves took millions of years to develop. (unless you think the still have the abilities to climb walls spin webs feel the slightest vibrations etc)

but there are things i do like in this idea and i think is accurate. for example
    1. the amount of color and differentiation of certain parts. for they could be used in attracting a mate.

20. Mega Paco

Mega Paco Void-Bound Voyager

I would love it if they added these :DD