RP The Amber Roma

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

"Why, you're the very best type of fool! Think of the story!" Monte's eyes gaze out at some unseen fantasy. "All the world's a story, you know. Good things, bad things, danger, triumph, it's all what makes the plot interesting- what's important is that something must happen! I'd say this is quite to opportunity for a little scientist such as yourself, Signorina Luie." He shakes himself out of his reverie and notices extra script on the back of Mister E's note. Plucking it from Luie, he quickly skims the contents.
    "Hm, yes. Mutation-gas, flesh-devouring animals, er.. noxious fumes... this Mister E is a lunatic." He grins with an eagerness contrary to the contents of the letter.

"Automa, my metal friend, you seem to be right! The teleporter's functioning! How convenient." He thinks for a moment. "If, of course, we choose to believe Mister E."

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Well sorry Miss whatsit... I did in fact misunderstand you... I only have one functioning ear right now... My hearing aid probably got damaged during transport... Any idea what being constantly corrosive battery acids will do to your eardrum?"she skrews shut the arm paneling and gives it a few squirts of lubricant... She gets up, pulls out her left hearing aid, fiddles with it, and places it back in her ear.."There... Should be working at least a bit better than before, though well probably have to get you to someone who can properly fix you up..."
    "When we escape, I'm going to give this Mystery Mr. E a premature lobotomy..."

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  3. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

"At least it moves... that alone is a significant improvement. Thank you."

4. Jareix Cryvix

She gives him a soft smile... "heh... Thanks... Anyway, let's see what we can scavenge from this ship before we use the only functional teleporter to whatever planet this madman chose..." she says looking about for some sort of sign indicating a teleporter room or storage room...

5. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many things worth noting in this room. There is a compressed storage container, but it requires power to operate, as does the single door out of this room and the various computer terminals throughout the room.

However, it's easy to tell with any knowledge of ship mechanics (or even just basic supposition) that the large contraption behind the gate should be where the power comes from; however, it seems to be missing the actual powering part. Phooey.

<<I guess you'll have to enter the gate then. *Eyebrow waggling intensifies.* But really, spend as long as you like in this room; there just isn't much of interest in it.>>

6. ZAYABUCKET

He confidently says "Well then... to the teleporter." then proceeds to walk over & trip onto the teleporter pad. "aw!... I um... I didn't... I mean, uh... *sigh* yeah..." He tries to get up off the teleporter, supporting himself on his bad arm & falls again. "that was terrible"

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

She protests, "M'sieur Monte, the world is not a story - that is not the point of it. The point is progress, and you can't make progress if you're only focused on what makes a good story."

She eyes the teleporter with trepidation; she does not trust it. Anything could be on the other side - anything at all.

8. Jareix Cryvix

Gale rolls her eyes, picks up her bag, and steps over onto the teleporter... "Life's about staying alive and taking risks... If you can't take a risk an step forward, then you can't get anywhere without assistance... She pushes the button to activate the teleporter... "You know, the first guy to create a portable wormhole said something really moving once... 'When life gives you lemons... You make life take them back...'" she is teleported to the unknown...

9. ZAYABUCKET

Still lying on his back on the large teleporter, he is teleported with Gale. "Yeah! Take the lem-" *lasery teleport noises*

Tatterdemalion and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  10. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Monte grabs Luie's hand and spins her onto the teleporter with him. Before she can protest, he smiles wickedly and utters, "Progress is only ever made to counter the unknown. Signorina! To move forward the plot!" He slams his spidery hand onto the teleport controls and the two disappear in a flash of light, leaving only an echo of Monte's manic laugh in the empty room.

Jareix Cryvix and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Vurrunna

With a flash, our explorers find themselves standing in the middle of a forest, surrounded on all sides by vibrant trees and plants. Beautiful rays of sunshine pass between the leaves, basking the surrounding area in almost unbelievable beauty, only hieghtened by the plethora of flowers in all shapes and sizes. Birds can be heard chirping all throughout the trees, and small woodland creatures can be heard scurrying about as well. It is a scene of near impossible natural beauty, hardly ever to be found in the dreary concrete jungles of civilized worlds.

It's almost entrancing enough not to notice a nearby sign overgrown in plantation:

Note: This planet is subject to
    Experimentation from
    ANDER ROMANOFF.
    Please do not disturb the locals!
    Attached to this sign is another paper note:

"Please disregard this sign. Disturb the locals. Disturb them vigorously. So long as it furthers the mission, of course.

--Mr. E"

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. ZAYABUCKET

*Teleport noises* "-ons!... ow"

13. Jareix Cryvix

"well... This is pleasant! I wonder what locals he's talking about?"

14. Vurrunna

Melissa watched the trespassers patiently, her antennae twitching impatiently. Outsiders? Really?! This--this is impossible! Unthinkable! Inconceivable! I should go and tell the Queen of this right now.

A slight rustle can be heard from nearby before a large, yellow and black insectoid steps out with a friendly wave of the hand. "Hi there! My name's Melissa; nice to meet you all!"
    Abeline.png
    Here's a sketch of her.

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Luie's just been cautiously admiring the scenery, but she is (rather predictably) startled when the insectoid makes her appearance. "What- what are you?" she asks the newcomer, though the answer is pretty obvious.

16. ZAYABUCKET

"Greetings!" He says as he gets up off the ground. "Nice to meet you too."

17. Jareix Cryvix

Gina suddenly pulls out a small one handed bolt rifle... "OHMIGODKILLITKILLITKILLIT!" and then calms down after she realizes that it's actually sapient rather than just a giant wasp... "Jacob's ladder you have me a fucking heart attack! No offense, but I've had really bad experiences with yellow jackets..."she then whispers to the others... "I'm still not sure if we should trust her though... It's a giant bee! How do we know she's not a drone for some freakishly massive bee hive mind!?"

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. ZAYABUCKET

"Wow... that was intense. I think that is slightly racist... I'm gonna trust her." "Why am I craving mango?" "Shut up, who cares!"

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  19. Vurrunna

Melissa. Melissa! What do you think you're doing?! Get out of there this instant.

The bumble bee lady looks directly at Gina with an unreadable stare. Meanwhile, her antennae are twitching so hard that one might expect them to take control of this individual and force her to murder the Floran.

"WELL, Miss Plant-Lady, I happen to not be a mindless drone enslaved to the will of the Queen."The very queen you should be running to, Mel! Jump to it!! "Rather, I have transcended the oppressive system of pseudo-capitalism that--that--that BZARK has set up!!"

The bee quivers for a moment more before retracting her antennae and rubbing her temples... Well, it's where her temples would be, anyway.

"My apologies for that... Outburst. It was unprofessional. It's just that... Well, it's so hard to act professional! Especially when I think about the QUEEN. Ergh... Well. Moving on; I assure you I am a highly trustworthy individual, and am nothing like the Yellow Jackets. I've had to run from them a lot, myself! Though I think I've lost them by now..."

"Oh, I'm rambling. Sorry, I haven't had any social interaction for... What, a month now? I'm just used to talking to plants and animals. I mean, I kinda am, but normally I don't expect them to really respond..."

Something seems to occur to her. "Wait a moment. How did you get here? From what I've heard, no one should be living out here, since these flowers are 'poisonous' and make you go 'mad.' It's all nectar, really, but people generally stay away. Also, what the flying tulips are you people wearing?"

Melissa begins to reconsider whether or not those crazy-flower stories were true.

<<Sorry if I said too much; she's rambling, and I like to ramble a lot, so... I rambled! I'm so sorry!!>>

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, now Luie is pretty well terrified. All she hears is: this bee lady is crazy, and these flowers are poisonous. So she backs away and - yes - hides behind Monte. Completely unable to think of anything useful to contribute - again. "Monte... I do not trust this thing..." she whispers.

((This taarging character though. So wimpy