RP The Amber Roma

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Monte held his light away from Luie, casting shadows around the room. "I never reveal a trick, Signorina," he smiled devilishly. The Phobe looked around the room to make sure that all were awake. "Ah! Are we all semiconscious now? Excellent!" Completely ignoring the dire circumstances, Monte leaned cross-legged against a wall and adjusted his hat's long plume. "I don't believe we've truly spoken yet, have we, my friends? I believe that formal introductions are in order! I am known as Montague Vesania Spaventra, but you may call me Monte." He looked around the room at the ragged collection of characters. "Well, who's next? Just because we're likely to all perish on this ship is no reason to be uncivil!"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Alkanthe likes this.
  2. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

"I don't have a name."

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

("the Luie"... Also, I've realized she ought to have the title of doctor, probably. Whoopsie.)
    A strange glance at the nameless being. How can it not have a name? Someone created it, to be sure... so someone ought to have named it.
    "Dr. Luie Markov,"
    she answered the Phobe's question. "Chemistry," she added, in case there was any confusion.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  4. Tatterdemalion

("The Luie." I feel like because of this typo Monte should have the quirk of affixing an article to names.)
    Cocking his head, Monte curiously examined the quiet robot. He jovially swung his arm over the robot's steely shoulder. "My metal friend, you are a mysterious one! You wish to remain incognito? I see the allure, myself, but what good is a story if there's no name attached? We must call you something!" He hunched slightly, a quirk of deep thought. "Now, a name worthy of one as... unique as you. Hm..."

5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Gina looks over at the phobe... "Gale... *hic* Gale Paige... Field medic and mechanic..." she walks closer to the phobe and looks him up and down. Poking and prodding and inspecting him in general... "You know... I've never met a Phobe in person before... Seen 'em at the morgue on occasion though... Can't say I'm not impressed by your skill as an entertainer, 'cause I am..."

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"She's a field medic?" Luie, muttering to herself again, rummages through her bag for her own flashlight. Finding it, she clicks it on and shines its white light over the other three standing figures. There. Now I can really see who everybody is.

7. ZAYABUCKET

"Mechanic, hmm... uuuh... Gale, um... do you think you could look at my arm, maybe? It's kind of broken."

8. Jareix Cryvix

She glares at luie... "You got a problem with that Shorty? Not all Florae are feral monsters you know..."
    She picks up her bag and walks over to him. Placing it down on the ground next to her... "Alright, I'm no electronics robotics expert, as that would be my little sis, but let's take a look at that arm and I'll see what I can do... I know a bit about wiring, but I'm mostly a ship engineer and mech mechanic..."

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Well... no..." she protests, rather lamely. Shape up, Luie... you're a professional, you know how to act like one. She tries again. "No, I don't... have a problem with you specifically. Mam'selle Paige." She figures any excuses would be both immature and not well received. "Actually, it's - it's good that we have a medic here. Especially a mechanic," she adds, seeing Gale walk over to the robotic being.
    There has to be a way to find out where we are. The Apex plays her flashlight over the walls, hoping to find a door... or, well, something.

10. Jareix Cryvix

Gale scowls at her... "Oh? And what might that problem be?" she says through a roll on electrowrap tape as she carefully unscrews some paneling on the arm... She turns back to the task at hand... "Hold still, I think I see some frayed wiring here... And those servos could use some lubricant..."

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

She'd already said she didn't have a problem! "You must have misunderstood me. As long as you don't live up to your stereotype, there will be no problems here." She shakes her head, just in case Gale still doesn't get the message. "Nul."

12. ZAYABUCKET

bzzz... "Ow"

13. Tatterdemalion

As Gale, the Floran, opened up the as-of-yet unnamed robot's arm, Monte raised his green light into the air, pacing the room and searching for something exciting. "Gale, Luie! Don't go for each others' throats just yet! We were, after all, each chosen by this Signor E. to be placed here. Infighting now would be playing straight into his hands." he called back to them as he examined the antique teleporter. After a moment, he added, "That would be far too anticlimactic. The best time for betrayal is at the climax!"
    *Twitch*
    The persistent tic in Monte's left eye reared its head again. He snickered to himself as he continued to investigate the dim room.
    This whole "trapped in a strange room with strange people" bit is, quite frankly, beginning to get dull. What's this? Something caught Monte's eye. A scrap of paper, hanging from the arch of the old relic of a teleporter. The note's bizarre placement reminded him of the letter that had brought him to this adventure in the first place. Balancing on one foot, Monte reached up and quietly plucked the note from its perch.

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Within this chamber, the Apex can only see one closed door, likely lacking power. Beyond that, there are several strange panels and terminals lining the walls, all unoperational, as well as a strange gateway of sorts...

On this paper, there is a small note to be read, typed out and printed neatly <<The note's been posted both in this thread and the OOC thread.>>. However, at the bottom is a hastily written post-script in strangely fine cursive:

"P.S. Ah. I see that there have been some unanticipated side effects to your transportation here... No matter. Your mission still remains; teleport to the planet on the other end of this gate, and find what you need to restore some power to this ship.

--Mr. E.

P.P.S. Please refer to me as Mr. E; none of this "Monsieur" and "Signor" nonsense.

--Mr. E."

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Tatterdemalion

Apart from the others, Monte reads the note to himself, a grin creeping wider and wider across his face as his purple eyes scan across the text. He calls out to the Apex, who is still busy searching for an escape.
    "My dear Luie, this may interest you... I've not the slightest clue where we are, or where we're going, but I'm quite sure of how we're going to get there."
    Trapped on the ship of a madman at the whim of another madman. How entertaining.
    *Twitch*

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Luie turns to the Phobe as her name is called, and after he finishes his recitation she's more than eager to join him. "What is it?" she asks, making the largest strides her short limbs will comfortably allow.

17. Tatterdemalion

With a flourish, Monte passes the letter to the Apex. "It seems we have a job to do. Is anyone here versed in teleporter repair?

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Luie accepts the letter. As she reads it, her expression becomes increasingly more worried. She curses. "I knew I never should have come. I knew something was off about that note! What kind of- of a fool am I to have walked straight into this trap?!"

19. ZAYABUCKET

"Are we sure it even needs repairs? Maybe it works & we just have to turn it on... or something." *bzz* "Ow."

20. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

At this point, it becomes apparent that there is an extra message on the back of the letter:

"P.P.P.S. Oh, and please, try not to complain; this is a very reasonable task I am giving you, and I'm positive that, if given a proper interview beforehand (minus the gassing, knocking upside the head, poisoning, and electrical probing), you would have agreed wholeheartedly! Or not. In which case, I suppose you have reason to complain, but it won't change anything at this time, now will it? And besides, what's the worst that could happen? You get trapped in a room that begins to flood with gasses, forming your into grotesque mutants? You're mutilated by a tribe of animals forcibly evolved into a primitive society, then your flesh is devoured in a ritual of flesh-devouring? The ship's air scrubbers fail right after you switch your diet entirely to bean burritos?!

*Ahem.* No. None of that will happen, ever. It is practically impossible.

--Mr. E."

How very peculiar That's pretty spooky, ain't it?

"P.P.P.P.S. In case it wasn't entirely obvious in my note, the location of the teleporter you shall be using is in the same room as you. But which one is it? And does it still work?!

It's the big, gateway lookin' one, and of course it works; I already said that (or wrote, whatever).

--Mr. E.

P.P.P.P.P.S. I've certainly had to add a lot of post-scripts, haven't I?

--Mr. E."