OOC The Amber Roma

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I love it! Very spooky!

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Haha, thanks! I'd draw Jareix's Floran too, but I don't have colors for her yet.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*coughs* @Jareix Cryvix

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Oh fine! I'll sketch something over it...

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That's... Well, I only need to know what colors she is, but I mean, that works too!

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

I was going to shade it... but then i realized that it's 3:00 in the morning... so... yeah... here's a flatcolor...
    Gale Paige.png

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  7. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I'm back home! Colours all around!
    Concerning the speed of Viola playing, they can easily be played as quickly as a violin. They do have beautiful tone quality in long notes, so many pieces written for viola centre around showcasing that sound. Violas are basically slightly larger violins, so any piece written for one can be transposed for the other. I chose to have Monte play the viola over violin simply because I enjoy the sound of a viola, and because violas are one of the few instruments that are generally read in alto clef. I figured Monte's quirky character would benefit from reading music non-traditionally, and the slightly lower tones carry an unnerving quality to them suitable to Monte's Phobe heritage.
    Fun fact: Monte can also play the mandolin, double bass, and clarinet, but he doesn't have any of those with him because two don't fit inside his hat and he doesn't own a clarinet.

Alkanthe likes this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpeg
    Boop.

Jareix Cryvix and Tatterdemalion like this.
  9. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

On Friday I finally got to the part of my drawing I got stuck on before... the legs. This is what I have so far but it may take a wile to figure out the legs & head. I also haven't done the hands yet.
    upload_2015-10-11_17-35-33.png

10. ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET Spaceman Spiff

Note: My character's robotic body is extremely light, only about 60-ish pounds, or 27-ish kilograms. (This is one of the reasons he fell over so easily when hit with the instrument.)

Also, a wile ago you were all talking about accents & stuff. This character has no accent but often changes his voice & tone slightly but noticeably mid-sentence. By that I mean he talks differently in the same voice, he doesn't start talking in another persons voice. He does sometimes talk with an accent but it is always a subtle made-up one & it changes the same way as above^ He also occasionally repeats a syllable or two several times in that laggy computer sort of way.

I did my best to explain this. I apologize for my not-great communicative skills.

11. Jareix Cryvix

Something needs to happen!

12. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Indeed; I've been much too distracted recently. Stand by...

Alkanthe and ZAYABUCKET like this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

@Jareix Cryvix , were you going to do this too?

14. Jareix Cryvix

Maybe... I'm feeling ill at the moment but we'll see... Plus, I'm not very good at pixel editing...

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Ah, it's okay. You don't necessarily have to be super good (Tatterdemalion doesn't claim to be an expert either), and besides, the point is for there to be diversity.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  16. Jareix Cryvix

Spleh... I can't pixel...
    Gale Paige pixel.png

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Aww, that's cute! I'll have to see if I can put her in with the others tomorrow, see how they look together. :p Not to worry, I have a feeling Zaya's robot will outshine all of ours.

ZAYABUCKET and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Added! I see transparency isn't actually working out too well for most of us. Would y'all prefer a white background, or something else? I need feedback!
    @Tatterdemalion @ZAYABUCKET

ZAYABUCKET and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  19. Vurrunna

Right, I'm back. Let's get this train movin'!

We're in an interesting spot: most everyone is reacting to the Yellow Jackets in a very different fashion. Though it seems Tatterdemallion hasn't been saying much... I'll wait to see.

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  20. Vurrunna

Okie-doke, let's talk combat.

I'd prefer to have combat work where the poster says what the character they're controlling will try to do, and then the recipient of the action tells the outcome on their part. The idea is that everyone understands what is-and is not-reasonable. Grabbing the two most recent examples: Gale (That's the name of Jareix's character, right?) pulled out a device and began to use it. This is fine, though it should be understood other characters might react or want to react before she can finish, so it should be expected that she might not finish. Another example is when Zayabucket's character jumped up and threw a rock; however, it'd be best if the Yellow Jackets had gotten a chance tor react before it struck.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to get onto anyone, since I haven't explained how this would work yet; it's just stuff to keep in mind in the future. For now, both of the above mentioned actions will be fine.