Mob The Alot

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Coryn02, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

how about they come smack you for say 250% normal damage? that should get them talking correctly in no time... If that's not enough then 500% if that doesn't work I''d continue to up on a trend of say 250^x%.... hehehe...

good idea but the comments mentioned Tiy already tried to get these right?

2. Coryn02

Coryn02 Zero Gravity Genie

Yes
    Well, he had considered it at one point, although I don't know how that went.

And I got one idea... If you use the alot word in chat, an invincible alot will target you directly and kill you instantly (less than 1% chance, of course).

Dragrath likes this.
  3. KaptainKake9

KaptainKake9 Tentacle Wrangler

So many terrible alot puns can be made here. :p

4. Dragrath

Yes and we need creatures for other common bad spellings and slang words ... all in order to make Starbound players the best gamers linguistically

5. Coryn02

'
    That's a tall order. Let's start small, shall we?

Dragrath likes this.
  6. Dragrath

one at a time eh... ok, that's except-able lets take things slow...

7. Coryn02

Something tells me I'm not going to complete the pelt sketch. Besides, my MS Paint skills are terrible. Sprites and stuff for those would be really cool, too.

The pre-order for Starbound came out today, so happy pre-order day, I guess?

I also got another idea. On occasion, in biomes other than the native plains biome, you will find an Alot on the ground sleeping, with two of its offspring next to it. If you are quiet enough to not get their attention, you can take a young one and study it. But if you're an uncoordinated klutz or a brutal murderer who attacks baby animals, you will waken the mother and babies. The babies will run away and the mother will jump on you and eviscerate your brains. Ah, motherly love.

8. Pappaknox

Pappaknox Phantasmal Quasar

:speechless: I- I don't have anything to say about that one except:

What the hell did I just read.

9. Coryn02

One last idea from me in a while...

There will also be cave-dwelling alots. They have no fur and are pale gray (think of naked mole-rats). They will be smaller than most and will not be aggressive. They will run away if you attack them and drop stuff as usual. When tamed (with fish), they look like the wild kind and act as normal, albeit slightly weaker (around 15%). But if you have an empty bottle or something when you kill it, or you capture one and take a sample of it with a bottle, you get some ooze. This is the stuff that helps the alots swim around, since these guys are largely aquatic. You can coat bullets or blow darts or something with this goop and it will paralyze your foes for a moment (3 seconds). Neat, right?

10. Thorkellthetall

Thorkellthetall Void-Bound Voyager

I could go for some Alots.

11. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

I would love this, I'm a huge fan of Allie's...unfortunately, to answer Tiy's question, she hasn't been writing on her blog for awhile and has quit the internet for some time due to "adventures in depression"...there isn't much more news on that front. She's been a relative recluse for months now. I don't know if she could be reached for this.

12. collective

collective Void-Bound Voyager

Didn't she come back recently?

13. Coryn02

Perhaps, but if so I have heard nothing about it. Only way that seems to make sense is to go right to where she lies and knock on the door. And that's if we know where she lives, which we might not know for obvious reasons.

14. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

This NEEDS to be in the game...

15. varkarrus

varkarrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

maybe alots spawn when someone says "alot" but with a large cooldown?

16. muxaun

muxaun Subatomic Cosmonaut

The pictures are cool. Alots don't need any other explanations besides the pictures - large, stupid, stubborn animals. Just charming.
    I'd love to see them in game.

Alot that sputters "irregardless" is something that Reeally needs to be implemented.

[Edit] I'd actually sponsor this if it was possible..[/edit]

17. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like it Alot.