1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch72235717.png
    Moar Yaomou and a tiny Haley from Stardew Valley!​

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    rhomboid, Arra, Crossfang and 3 others like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20160610_104537.jpg
    Mini Alley. She won't be returning any time soon, she's off to kill Cuda. Good luck?

IMG_20160610_150226.jpg
    A really old character, but a new doodle.

IMG_20160610_170651.jpg
    Human superhero version of Varc, slightly revised to make a good costume for myself for an event. She has super strength!

rhomboid, 611, Crossfang and 3 others like this.
  3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Camp is superhero themed, so have some superheroes!
    IMG_20160614_194456.jpg IMG_20160614_194515.jpg
    Mercury is a superhero version of Jace Marin. You haven't heard of her, but she's my character in The Blockheads, a game sorta like Minecraft. Jadeforce is a superhero version of Luie Markov.

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

More superheroes are coming! I think. In the meantime, have some old characters.
    Sketch1861207.png
    - Vanea Steel, Andis Tille, Crow, Miria Farai, and Bayle Veris -
    Each of them has a very distinct personality and character. I think they've just about reached the point where I stop thinking of them as badly done characters and begin thinking of them nostalgically. : P
    Vanea loved gambling. She witnessed her brother's death, and although she pretended to be all right, she attempted crazier and crazier things in her quest for revenge and power.
    Andis, on the other hand, was mainly sweet, too sweet for her job at first. But later, as she saw things fall apart more and more, she took on the role of cautioner. She may or may not have had the ability to tell if something bad was about to happen.
    Crow gained the power to control electricity when she stole an amulet from Andis's friend. This didn't help her, as she ultimately destroyed the amulet rather than surrender it and herself to Vanea and her allies.
    Miria put up a rude front, but ended up attracting the attentions of not just one, but two different people. The first one she rejected roughly, as she distrusted her. The second one she originally hated, but she grew to trust him and finally escaped alongside him.
    Bayle was young, but still fought against the people who had killed Vanea's brother. This gave her a broken leg, but even that didn't stop her. After the battles were finally over, she started a daycare for young children and would often put on puppet shows for them.​

rhomboid, DustyScabbard and Crossfang like this.
  5. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Have you tried making a comics?

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Actually, these stories were part of an RP with three other people. I didn't make them up entirely on my own.

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch18619543.png Sketch186203936.png
    Concept of a race based off nudibranches (sea slugs). So far they're amphibious, love diving, use spears, live in houseboats.

Sketch186221345.png
    Leafy seadragon.​

rhomboid, 611, DustyScabbard and 2 others like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch186231149.png
    JELLY GIRL.​

9. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

ZAYABUCKET and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thank you! I might, I dunno. All I planned to use were the sea slugs and the seadragon.

ZAYABUCKET and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Terra.
    IMG_20160703_220345.jpg
    A world at war.

The Guardians of the people are faced with an unexpected threat. Demons from another world have escaped from the heart of the mountain their portal had been sealed in.
    Sketch26235929.png
    Their goals include conquering the common people, killing Guardians, and just plain old mischief. The Guardians must stop them, but the only ones available to counter the threat are...
    Sketch26223449.png
    ... let's just say rather odd.

Some demons have made deals with their own respective humans, granting them power in exchange for hosting the demon in their own body.
    Sketch412113.png
    Others eschew this tactic, as they say it's just an unfair way to make weak demons stronger. What can't be denied, however, is the ability it gives the demons - the ability to appear fully as the human whose body they host, and therefore pass unnoticed in the crowd.

Can the Guardians possibly hold their own against such an enemy? Or will Terra be bent to the wills of the demons?
    All your questions will be answered. Sinisterra, a new project with contributors including @CjBeats , @Apathy Applied , and @MagicallyClueless , aims to tell you the story of the battle for Terra.
    Release date TBA.

12. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

NOICE intro. I like

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Wow. Alkane, you have me interested.

Please don't crucify me for this double post but whats the name of the girl with the " Git Rekt " Shirt? I have a guess but.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    611 and Alkanthe like this.
  14. CjBeats

Her name is Magdalene (Also known as MagicallyClueless)

Arra likes this.
  15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

So this will be a story correct? ( Dangit, i was semi-close. I thought she was named Margret )

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. CjBeats

Lol i believe so. Not entirely sure yet.

Arra likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

In other news, due to some confusion regarding the respective invaders of Terra and Taishui, the "demons" based off of the DragonCave dragons will henceforth be referred to as Yaomou, singular Yaomo. The newer demons, the ones that can fuse, will retain the name of demons.

And now here's a Yaomo because I haven't drawn any of them in ages.
    Sketch41234611.png
    - Based off of Our Champion, a male Hellfire Wyvern -
    He's a Fire type, and a general at that. Not only can he light himself on fire, but he carries a metal chain which can be heated and then swung at people. This weapon was not given him by the Creators; rather, he found it and decided to utilize it as such. This is a sign of the independence he possesses, which seems to be most common among Fire types. Oh, and the eyes of course.
    Chronologically, he would have been made after Dia, and most likely sent down to the battlefield on Earth to unite the Yaomou for a final assault. However, this means that his creation was probably rushed. It provided plenty of intelligence and autonomy, but compassion? Nonexistent. Emotion? None. He sees the other Yaomou and the humans as little more than pieces on a game board, and his only design is to destroy the humans in order to obtain [REDACTED].​

rhomboid, DustyScabbard, Zebe and 5 others like this.
  18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jaw explodes

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Surprise me! (If you don't mind)

You know the types of things I like at this point, steam punk, insane people who wear clown outfits and become gods and destroy the world, etc.

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Some more of the denizens of Sinisterra.

Sketch63231737.png
    - Cracus -

Sketch7411150.png
    - Lynn and Xander -​

rhomboid, DustyScabbard, 611 and 2 others like this.