1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. JesusBillyChrist

JesusBillyChrist Phantasmal Quasar

yes! here...*gives the blue cupcake to hooded figure* have a nice day!

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The figure grins and takes a HUGE bite of the cupcake. "Thank you! You're my new best friend!"
    It - she - begins to laugh, a laugh that seems cute at first but turns into one that makes you fear for the figure's sanity.
    "I feel much better now... I feel like drawing!"

JesusBillyChrist likes this.
  3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Look what I drew!" The figure holds up her sketchpad triumphantly. Some may recognize the same sketches from before, now colored and with some extra detail.
    [​IMG]
    - Alia Thorne, Animal Crossing: New Leaf -
    Alia Thorne is the introverted, part-Italian mayor of the town of Seashell. She is best known for her cooking and going out of her way to help others. Other interests of hers include gardening.
    Her home theme is the Classic Theme, and her favorite song is Neapolitan.​

Arra, DrVoodoo, Corraidhín and 5 others like this.
  4. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Hey, I recognize those sketches from before, now colored and with some extra detail.

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Merry Christmas Shimscrat all!
    [​IMG]
    - Judy Fletcher, Animal Crossing: New Leaf/Happy Home Designer -
    When the antisocial Judy Fletcher moved into the town of Seashell, she immediately caught the eye of Jude Martin. The well-to-do Jude started sending her anonymous gifts, which combined with her own hardworking nature, soon resulted in a sizeable bank account. But Judy was frugal, and so her house and clothing reflected a simple lifestyle.
    That all changed when she decided to leave Seashell. Why, I don't know. Maybe she saw what Jude was becoming. But the long and short of it is that after a couple years, Judy Fletcher started a job at a certain interior design company and soon worked her way into an important position. Now, she plays a similar role to Jude: designer and overseer of the town she's in. But unlike Jude, she is a servant leader.​

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    "I drew this for practice," says the figure. "If nothing else, I can pride myself on drawing a variety of figures."

[​IMG]
    "I keep drawing this girl." The figure stares down at the paper, seemingly deep in thought. "I don't know why... Perhaps she was from one of my dreams, originally. Her name is Rikk, and she has retractable wings."

Arra, DrVoodoo, DustyScabbard and 3 others like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Emily Sonera and Mist Sanders, Animal Crossing: New Leaf -
    Mist Sanders is the public face of Seashell. She's the player who will almost always greet visitors with a cheerful "Welcome to Seashell!", then give them a gift of some new clothes to boot. She never asks for much, since she's self-sufficient enough, fishing and growing fruit to pay for her fashion indulgences. Lately, though, she's taken to dressing as a male. Why? Well... it might have something to do with Emily Sonera, from the town of Sakura, who's come to visit Seashell quite often recently. Emily's a shrewd operator, seeking to gain money as quickly as possible. Despite that, she also enjoys gardening and singing, and is working on making Sakura a beautiful garden inspired by Jude Martin's landscaping in Seashell.​

Arra, DrVoodoo, rhomboid and 2 others like this.
  8. ImperatorTimes

ImperatorTimes Poptop Tamer

Cool drawings, they look very good. Much better than anything I can do. keep up the good work.

Also don't you think your alley could use some redecoration. You can put some drapes over here, maybe a nice leather love seat over here, oh how about we put a nice chandelier right here. Over here we can put a cute little house for that stray... is that a cat? I think it may be ill, and possibly starving. oh god I think it just touched me!

Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The figure pulls back her hood, revealing a set of human, brown eyes dangerously narrowed at the newcomer. "I don't think so."

Apathy Applied likes this.
  10. ImperatorTimes

ImperatorTimes Poptop Tamer

okay...
    but your drawings are still cool though.

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Peuriester Asterism inspired by one of @Crossfang 's drawings -
    This guy carries a large crystal sword and dresses in traditional Tóllin fashion. Though his clothing seems more fit for a middle-class Tóllin, this man is actually the son of a highly respected Council member who was rumored to be part of the Hundred. This man has done very well for himself, delving into the world of HARPing at thirteen and quickly making his way to the top class, Class VI. His fighting style, although similar to Anna Alkane's, has a lot more thought and calculation behind it. Instead of relying on a berserker appearance to intimidate his foes, he assumes calm confidence and superiority. This air of superiority can, in some cases, goad his opponents into attacking instead of intimidating them into backing off, but it can also completely demoralize those he defeats.
    In rare cases, his taunting has led some players to give up on HARP completely.
    After certain evidences of less-than-honorable dealings came to light, this man was kicked out of his HARP group, publicly disgraced, and practically exiled to an outer colony once he came of age. This, however, did not stop him. He continued using the same skills he'd honed to a sharp edge during his years of HARPing, and rose to the top of that colony's hierarchy as well. However, he was not allowed to return to the Tóllin homeworld as a council member, only as a liaison. Finally, this stubborn blocking of further career improvement frustrated the man, and he left the Tóllin homeworld to seek his fortunes elsewhere. As long as he'd been there, no matter how much he'd gained, he'd been unable to stand it. Perhaps one day he'd return to the homeworld having amassed a small army, and show them all that he deserved to be a council member. Or better yet, one of the Hundred.​

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Oh my god! I love what you did here! Man... I will continue reading this later. I have to goooo!

I really2x like it!

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

In the spirit of Dualigenderbend Month, Alley has been temporarily replaced with...

[​IMG]
    Mr. Onteras! Check the original post for his introduction.​

Arra, DrVoodoo and DustyScabbard like this.
  14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Just finished reading the whole thing. He is badass! I like every detail you put in to this guy! It really fits him!
    Btw, what is HARP?

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

HARP is a roleplaying game done with actual people, acting out their roles physically, in someone's house.

Crossfang likes this.
  16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Now I know. Thanks for that info!

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hydraulics lol not sure. Maybe LED screen that shows a smile?[DOUBLEPOST=1451757474][/DOUBLEPOST]Really like it, great job! I've never heard of HARP til now. Very interesting.

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Maybe the reason you haven't heard of it is because I made it up? :p

DrVoodoo, Cally94 and Apathy Applied like this.
  19. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh lol yeah that'd be why haha

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20160106_144720.jpg
    - My Neighbor Enderman -
    "Er, yes, that's something I drew." Mr. Onteras seems a bit flustered by your attention to this specific piece of artwork. "I'm very proud of it."

Arra, DrVoodoo, Sir Wilfrey and 5 others like this.